Preview ‪1st SF - Geelong vs Sydney, Friday 15th September, 7:50pm @ MCG ‬

Who will win

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The way Sydney played yesterday, either Geelong or Richmond wouldn't be within ten goals at half-time. Richmond were insipid for much of our game, they were just lucky that Geelong were even worse. I'm usually optimistic and would love to think we're in with a shot but Friday's "effort" left me genuinely shell-shocked. Haven't been that gutted by a performance other than the 08 GF and the 10 PF. I'm an AFL Member and I'm genuinely undecided on if I even want to put myself through going to the game next week. There's better ways to spend a Friday night and the footy this week properly ruined my weekend. Maybe I'll head in but make sure to have back-up plans if we start like we did in our Sydney final last year.
Oh bigfarter - my post was purely based upon superstition - read my other posts, I'm much more realistic.

I suppose I'm a bit more resiliant with age, having watched the 89GF, being demoralised by Norf, Carlton, Essendon, WCE etc.

As Geelong supporters we have so much to be thankful for from our Dynasty wins. Look at the number of clubs who have far less success than Geelong? We are still defying the equalisation strategy. Even Hawthorn plummeted this season.

I was sh****** myself about the Richmond game. This week I am hopeful, without expectation.

At least post with your regular account John. I could infracted that one instead?
I don't what you're talking about. I am only here for a friendly talk, no need to get into hostilities. I go around to most preview matches threads that involve the Swans playing.

Really? He's the antithesis of a scaredy cat. Not the most skillful footballer in the world, but he's a tough nut, hard at the ball and doesn't mind a bit of thuggery. Just what we need for a specific role on some annoying small forward.
Exactly! Just read the Richmond preview thread, so many said no way would they include him because he's like a deer in the headlights. I adore Ruggles! Love him to bits!

Next year, although I previoulsy said no way to Hodge coaching at Geelong, we get Hodge to coach how to be a thug, without being suspended :p

Won't work as the Swans will be going through the Ardenne.
Hahahaha! OK then I'm switching to the Star Trek cloaking device then :p

Geelong has to score as prolifically in Q1 as do the Swans.

I don't what you're talking about. I am only here for a friendly talk, no need to get into hostilities. I go around to most preview matches threads that involve the Swans playing.
Yes you do, and you tend to cause trouble for us, which has led me to believe on more than one occasion that you sir are a FRAUD, and a filthy Hawforn fraud at that, the worst kind!!

Yes you do, and you tend to cause trouble for us, which has led me to believe on more than one occasion that you sir are a FRAUD, and a filthy Hawforn fraud at that, the worst kind!!
Fellow Bigfooty poster - don't ever again associate me with that midget and his filth.

Looking forward to a much better showing against the Swans. If we have any pride (any we do) we'll hunt the ball and the player with ferocity. Not all that confident of victory though as they have a knack of beating us for fun. But I'm predisposed to pessimism when it comes to the us so just maybe..........

Well I certainly wasn't expecting this response. It seems a lot of paranoia and insecurity based on past encounters with other Bigfooty posters has led them to believe that I am an impostor! I shall never return to this board again!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Got a whiff of the bay about it, don't you think?
Yes, yes it has. Be careful not to breathe in the malodorous fumes that suddenly hit the board.

Can someone please explain why the push for Ruggles to return or why anyone genuinely thinks of Ruggles returning or in with a chance for selection? He hasn't played seniors since week 4 when he got that knock against Hawthorn, and I can't actually remember the last time he was even named as an emergency.

Surely it would be guys like Menzel, Thurlow, Buzza, Lang and even Simpson who would be considered before him considering they at least played seniors in the second half of the season.

Last edited:
Well I certainly wasn't expecting this response. It seems a lot of paranoia and insecurity based on past encounters with other Bigfooty posters has led them to believe that I am an impostor! I shall never return to this board again!
tumblr_m55qpoqgfG1rxevt4o1_400.gif

Maybe a touch of Tazhawk stench, or Horkdork or Bosk?
Tazhawk is in Europe and Bosk, while being insufferable and a little psychotic, certainly posts with a little more shrewdness than that chap.

Hawk Dork however is a big possibility.

We are all on a low but it's not like we can't beat the Swans. If you look at the last 10 years (excluding very recent games) they have been our bitches.

upload_2017-9-10_17-47-48.png

The way Sydney played yesterday, either Geelong or Richmond wouldn't be within ten goals at half-time. Richmond were insipid for much of our game, they were just lucky that Geelong were even worse. I'm usually optimistic and would love to think we're in with a shot but Friday's "effort" left me genuinely shell-shocked. Haven't been that gutted by a performance other than the 08 GF and the 10 PF. I'm an AFL Member and I'm genuinely undecided on if I even want to put myself through going to the game next week. There's better ways to spend a Friday night and the footy this week properly ruined my weekend. Maybe I'll head in but make sure to have back-up plans if we start like we did in our Sydney final last year.

It's tough brother but we have to support our team and club in the good times and the bad. Get to the MCG and do a bit of yelling. I'll see you in the AFL members. As to back up plans, well there's always that expensive beer!

Tazhawk is in Europe and Bosk, while being insufferable and a little psychotic, certainly posts with a little more shrewdness than that chap.

Hawk Dork however is a big possibility.
Its a Swans account...

Got a clip.. and we know who it is.. so one more appearance and im going after both of them.

GO Catters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back