Preview ‪1st SF - Geelong vs Sydney, Friday 15th September, 7:50pm @ MCG ‬

Who will win

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes. Last time Geelong played at ANZ, the ground was atrocious because there'd been Monster Truck racing the weekend before. There are usually divets, mounds, bad seams - it's just the most appalling ground to play footy.

So guys, from reading thoughts about the crowd - more Swans fans, too hard to get to the MCG coming from Geelong etc - the decision by the AFL is all about $$$ - what is the crowd size expected to be next Friday?

Sub 50k.

Majority Swans fans no doubt.

It's tough brother but we have to support our team and club in the good times and the bad. Get to the MCG and do a bit of yelling. I'll see you in the AFL members. As to back up plans, well there's always that expensive beer!

I'm sure by Friday I will have gotten over the rank feeling that game left me with and I'll probably head in after work to have a look but, jeez, I haven't felt as flat about Geelong's prospects after a game in a long time. Usually I keep things in perspective and am well aware it's just a game but that effort put forth on Friday really was a crushing disappointment, not aided by the fact that I was surrounded by feral Tigers supporters and then, post-game visited the pub and ran into an acquaintance who is a very bad sport (a Dees fan who hates Geelong) who welcomed me into the bar by laughing saying "Get f---ed". The whole night was just a downer!

As I say, I'd love to back the boys in but it's a tough ask right now. At least our fans won't be severely outnumbered this week and Sydney supporters, for the most part, are decent. If the MCG were filled with 90,000 Tigers supporters for the potential Richmond/GWS Prelim, I'd suggest that mark a great sport for North Korea to drop a nuke! (kidding, obviously) :p

Anyway, enough side-tracking the thread - I look forward to reading some ideas on how we can counter-act the Swans next week. I'm bereft! Hopefully the players and coaching staff don't share my pessimism!

So it is going to rain late on Friday, with the heaviest apparently being from 6pm-8pm. Could this be our saving grace lol?
Anything to change up the predictable I suppose!!

So it is going to rain late on Friday, with the heaviest apparently being from 6pm-8pm. Could this be our saving grace lol?
Anything to change up the predictable I suppose!!
Damn, I guess that means it is going to be slippery so no Menzel

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anyone see Buddy's interview after the game? When reminded the Swans will play us next week, he had a smirk on his face before he thought "Hmm, better give that standard "Geelong are a good team and we need to be at our best to beat them" line, but when we get home we'll be looking at good deals for hotel rooms in Adelaide on hotels.com"
saw that. Might be doing a Geelong. Ahead of himself buddy. Hope the rest of the team are the same.

Well I certainly wasn't expecting this response. It seems a lot of paranoia and insecurity based on past encounters with other Bigfooty posters has led them to believe that I am an impostor! I shall never return to this board again!
My post has been deleted but my work here is done.:)

For starters I want us coming out onto the oval foaming at the mouth ready to stab blokes with broken beer bottles, no more of this lovey dovey smiling laughing cuddling baby bullshit like Friday night. You could tell the Tigers were up for it when they ran out, pretty sure we ran out thinking it was already in the bag.

For starters I want us coming out onto the oval foaming at the mouth ready to stab blokes with broken beer bottles, no more of this lovey dovey smiling laughing cuddling baby bullshit like Friday night. You could tell the Tigers were up for it when they ran out, pretty sure we ran out thinking it was already in the bag.
You saying drop Zuthrie.

"Cats pose big threat in AFL semi: Longmire"

View attachment 414168

Threat to the AFL record losing margin for a semi?

Threat to Geelong fans' sanity??
Like the humour here, but you are a mod. Hope is what we hang on. I hope Longmire was doing the chuckle inside as he made that statement. We're not off a bye this time around.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back