Preview ‪1st SF - Geelong vs Sydney, Friday 15th September, 7:50pm @ MCG ‬

Who will win

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
According to 7 news - the review from Scott was as brutal as it's been in his time and took a number of senior players by surprise. So while he can be measured in front of the media, seems he was forthright with the players and didn't hold back - I guess the first 5 minutes Friday night will tell us a lot about the players if that is the case

I hope that this is the case, but we've heard it before.

All I want on Friday is for the players to show some heart. Losing is bad enough, but another loss where we just lay down and take is too much.

I have faith, but I'm running out of it fast.

Thurlow's kicking is the thing of dreams. I've always loved it.

Wish he'd teach those lollypop high and slow kickers a thing or two!
Yep... with a bit more continuity and experience he should be the quarter back of our team really.

Agree, I've a sneaky suspicion they are gunna beat the tiges
Would be bloody hilarious with 85k Tigers fans and 15 GWS ones at the G for it as well should it happen

A qual final with the chance of a home prelim would be attitude check enough, surely?

Especially on the back of so many finals losses.

Does not compute.
Don't agree. In the back of the players minds might have been the Qualifying win last year which lead to a prelim loss after the bye. This may have caused doubt and contributed to a poor attitude on friday night. That won't be the case this friday!

Don't agree. In the back of the players minds might have been the Qualifying win last year which lead to a prelim loss after the bye. This may have caused doubt and contributed to a poor attitude on friday night. That won't be the case this friday!
To deep for footballers.

Few days too late. Also wasn't the story last week something similar? Straight sets.

The story last week was from Gary Lyon who had a source at the club that said "The players are the most focused on this finals series as I have ever seen any team"

What a ****in joke that was.

According to 7 news - the review from Scott was as brutal as it's been in his time and took a number of senior players by surprise. So while he can be measured in front of the media, seems he was forthright with the players and didn't hold back - I guess the first 5 minutes Friday night will tell us a lot about the players if that is the case

I've heard all this shit before. We all have. We need results or it's pointless.

Has anyone done some analysis on the games that the Swans lost whilst they were in form and post Round 6?

Talking footy will be doing some analysis on how to beat the Swans shortly on tv, this should be interesting.

Round 10 - Swans v Hawks, Hawks win by 6pts.
Round 19 - Hawks v Swans, Hawks win by 6pts.
--> Both times the Hawks beat them, the Swans were reduced to a two man interchange with key injuries.

* Dons, GWS, Crows, Tigers also came close to beating them.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah, totally agreed. Get another pre-season into him to really get over the ACL and he'll be flying.
The talk of trading him to get Stringer makes me nervous.
Nah let's keep him AND get Stringer :D

Nothing interesting from Scott on 360.

Said the club erred in not selecting Menzel and categorically denied the rumours he was dropped for disciplinary reasons.

Said he didn't berate the players because the poor performance wasn't to do with attitude or effort but execution under pressure.

Agreed the midfield was smashed which was the main issue in the loss.

Said Selwood would be better for the run and that Blicavs pulled up well (but he would, wouldn't he?)

For a few minutes I was thinking that our best weapon was Swans' likely sense of certainty, which is also their best weapon, of course. But then I recalled: they have the drive of a lost 2016 GF and we have the drive of lesser things.

Agreed. Sydney were even worse in the 2014 GF too don't forget, worse than Port Adelaide in 2007 if you ask me. I've never seen them so unwilling to contest, it was an amazingly shit performance. That was one they thought was a certainty I think, there's no other explanation.

I think it will be closer than some think, Geelong just don't have the will or passion to come out on top. Straight sets (again) suits where this club is at, and has been for years under Scott.

Has anyone done some analysis on the games that the Swans lost whilst they were in form and post Round 6?

Talking footy will be doing some analysis on how to beat the Swans shortly on tv, this should be interesting.

--> Both times the Hawks beat them, the Swans were reduced to a two man interchange with key injuries.

No point us doing any analysis.

I'd think that's what a full time coaching staff of a football department would do.

Clearly not it seems!

Talking about the Swans intercept marking and how good they are in defence, bombing it in long like we do should continue this trend for Swannies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back