Preview ‪1st SF - Geelong vs Sydney, Friday 15th September, 7:50pm @ MCG ‬

Who will win

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have you got inside info on Danger - or is that an outside observation ( considering your knowledge of different injuries etc )
No, he looked as if he couldn't push off or kick R footed, and the Swans BF Board preview, very respectable too, made mention as if it was common knowledge that Danger and Selwood are cooked

No, he looked as if he couldn't push off or kick R footed, and the Swans BF Board preview, very respectable too, made mention as if it was common knowledge that Danger and Selwood are cooked

Well Dangerfield kicked a 50 metre goal just before half time last Friday....with his right foot....

He's not cooked....he just played a shit house game....happens to the best. He'll be a beast on Friday and I hope Longmire thinks he's cooked and lets him run free.....which of course he won't. Sounds more like wishful thinking to me.

Might be a good omen for Friday night - and considering its Andrew Mackies last game - and 2 of the Swans stars are now Franklin and Kennedy

I can remember in that fantastic 11 straight wins against the Hawks - there was one game - where in the last qtr ( because of injuries ) Mackie was playing full back on Franklin - and with about 3-4 minutes to go ( scores either level or less than a kick in it ) a very young Josh Kennedy ( then playing for Hawthorn )- got the ball 40 metres from goal - handpassed to Franklin on the run ( looked a certain Hawthorn goal ) and Mackie put a sensational tackle on Franklin - who was caught holding the ball

Id love someone to put the vision of that up - might be a good luck charm - seeing its Mackies last game - and that Franklin and Kennedy are now playing for the Swans

Couldn't find the Mackie v Buddy moment by itself unfortunately. Could find this though which was just as good!

I'm starting to doubt my eyes because I'm seeing so many people suggesting Zuthrie will be omitted. He played well against Richmond and has played eight of our last ten. Made of the right stuff. Look past his bicep girth.
His contested mark in F50 in the third quarter was something special from him. Showed huge commitment to the contest.

Ok, the shot at goal could have been better...

His contested mark in F50 in the third quarter was something special from him. Showed huge commitment to the contest.

Ok, the shot at goal could have been better...

That was the moment that killed all of our momentum imo, I'm not shitting on the kid, he did great to get into that position, but if he kicks that goal the Tigers mental demons would have really come into play, but he kicked a behind and they switched the pressure back onto us.

Zach is going to be a very serviceable player for us, he's overachieved by even debuting this year.

In my disgust after the QF, I swore I would not watch the next game live, but only a replay if we won. As the week wears on, I realize that I am going to watch it live after all - saving an uppercut for myself if we are half- buried at qtr time...

I'd say the odds are as follows:
20% chance we win
40% chance they win
40% chance they crush us (and I enter with gusto the "sack them and burn them all" thread that will inevitably be top of the list. )

I don't know how addressing the bye with prelims in Melbourne fixes anything?

The way to fix it is to get rid of the bye. Problem solved.
That is not what I said!
The two things were separate observations, can you read? If so read it again.
Also, if playing the prelims at the MCG helps Melb teams, what does playing them interstate do for those home teams?

I think we've got our best results & by extension played our best footy this season when we've really set out to beat the opposition rather than "play our best" but I think we just took that a bit too far against Richmond.

We are rightfully the underdog against Sydney but It's not over yet.

We played the Bombers again 2w later in 89, and at one stage in the last Q, 106 points up, eventually won by 94. Biggest turnaround seen. GAS and Buddha simply superb. Sadly this year, our 2 best- Danger and Joel appear cooked.

GAS and Buddha appeared cooked in that QF if I recall correctly also

The Swans board wouldn't know their left foot from their right hand. It's called falsely speculating.

I think this is vastly overrated. He tackles well but he's also undisciplined with it and prone to giving silly frees away. He needs to focus more on getting the ball right now.

No player strikes fear into the opposition anymore. He certainly doesn't.
He's the only player we have that hits their opponent at full
Speed and tackles with intensity and ferocity aimed to hurt.

And by fear I mean 'they' know he's coming.

Agree in that Dangerfield looked hobbled and lacking his usual explosiveness at times. Hopefully there are a few to help him out on Friday.

I can remember in that fantastic 11 straight wins against the Hawks - there was one game - where in the last qtr ( because of injuries ) Mackie was playing full back on Franklin - and with about 3-4 minutes to go ( scores either level or less than a kick in it ) a very young Josh Kennedy ( then playing for Hawthorn )- got the ball 40 metres from goal - handpassed to Franklin on the run ( looked a certain Hawthorn goal ) and Mackie put a sensational tackle on Franklin - who was caught holding the ball

It was the second game in 2009, where we came from 5 goals down in the last quarter, and Bartel kicked the point after the siren.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I posted this in the meet up thread - might be warranted here also:

While there was frustration after last Friday, after calming down it's the knowledge of supporting this team through the good and the bad.

Plus, Friday night could well be the final match for a legend of this club plus Mackie - and with everything that Lonergan & Mackie have given this club & us fans over the last 15 years (including a kidney), they deserve to have fans in appearance should Friday night not end the way we wish.

Even if annoyed at the club, those two players deserve the respect for a proper send off on Friday night regardless of result because for many Cats fans it may be our last chance to watch them at the ground

While there was frustration after last Friday, after calming down it's the knowledge of supporting this team through the good and the bad.

Plus, Friday night could well be the final match for a legend of this club plus Mackie - and with everything that Lonergan & Mackie have given this club & us fans over the last 15 years (including a kidney), they deserve to have fans in appearance should Friday night not end the way we wish.

Even if annoyed at the club, those two players deserve the respect for a proper send off on Friday night regardless of result because for many Cats fans it may be our last chance to watch them at the ground

Fair and very valid point.

I'm struggling to think of a tougher or more courageous player than Tom Lonergan. And Mackie has been a magnificent servant of the club.

Might be a good omen for Friday night - and considering its Andrew Mackies last game - and 2 of the Swans stars are now Franklin and Kennedy

Id love someone to put the vision of that up - might be a good luck charm - seeing its Mackies last game - and that Franklin and Kennedy are now playing for the Swans
The moment you speak of is at the 6 minute mark. It's worthwhile watching the entire video though. :)

Not confident at all after last Friday night, but finals footy is meant to bring up some surprises so see what happens, maybe this Friday night may lead to a 94 Semi kind of result with no one expecting the Cats to win.

Just want a better effort over last weeks failure.
It's like a empty stomach feeling stuff ratm! Not a hater, but was a perfect opportunity to go into a pre-lim and no disrespect to the tigers.
I can't see us beating the swans at all, if there's a turnaround it'll be a miracle. No expectation this fri, except put in a ****ing effort cats. Or the "handbag" tag is back!

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

If Selwood struggled to pick up the pace of the game after 4 weeks out, how would cocky go after 7, facing the hottest of all fires in Sydney's pressure? I like him too and we need his type, but it might just be setting him up to fail.

We picked him up off the back of a blinder as a 17 year old on GF day where he had not played for a very long time due to injury.

Perhaps he is the type that can jump right back in ... when he came back last time he had three goals, was aggressive and on point also (after 5/6 weeks out).

@ the 5:40 mark

Not a single article in the Sun today about the Cats. It's all Richmond, Essendon and the Dogs (but mostly Richmond)
Switch onto SEN at work if you can......KB has gone with Geelong and 'finals fatigue' in his lead up story.
Very good listening,......some home truths being spoken

Well said. Both these guys have been wonderful players. If my mob happen to win, Buddy will be the first to hug Lonergan, our players will be in the guard of honour and our fans will help cheer Mackie and Lonergan off the ground. As someone noted on our Board your club, players and fans showed a lot of support and respect to Goodes in his last year.

Have no doubt your fans will turn up as they always do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back