Preview ‪1st SF - Geelong vs Sydney, Friday 15th September, 7:50pm @ MCG ‬

Who will win

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just how they appeared on Friday night.
Has Danger fully recovered from his own midfoot, his hip?
Has Selwood recovered?
These 2 players are clearly pivotal for our potency.
They didn't appear to be troubled. Selwood was rusty in terms of game sense ... he was even chased down which you never see.

Danger was still his explosive self.

GAS and Buddha appeared cooked in that QF if I recall correctly also
I thought our whole team looked overawed, not cooked. I remember Blighty on 3AW that week saying that after all their great form during the season, that game was a shock, and that they would rectify it. GAS was ok against Bombers in game 1, just starved of opportunities. Still may have scored 3 iirc?

They didn't appear to be troubled. Selwood was rusty in terms of game sense ... he was even chased down which you never see.

Ok, I perceived things a little differently, but will not watch the replay. Happy to accept your judgement.

Ok, I perceived things a little differently, but will not watch the replay. Happy to accept your judgement.
Selwood, Selwood, Dangerfield and Duncan will lift for this.

And this game also needs Menegola to step up. It's the 2nd final in a row that he's been fumbly, hesitant and looked overawed. He's a much better player than what he showed last Friday.

I'll spare Stewart and Parsons for now but it's our bottom 6 and our midfield that'll win us this game.

Yep, Selwood is just getting older and had missed 5 weeks with an injury of some significance -will be much better for the run.
Just thought they gave Dangerfield no time and space and it took a toll. And as someone said-he tried too hard- overanxious. He will be better too.

Turbocat
Well id say there probably is a fatigue of sorts ... attending games year after year costs money... I for one would have been out of pocket over 300 for last Fri night. Then add the inconvenience of Fri ..its been mentioned over and over that its difficult to do a Fri night . Then add our poor performance since 2011..... I can not remember 1 good final since then ..in a period we have finished in top 4 so often ... so if anything we have anything its finals failure fatigue.

So instead of blaming Geelong supporters for their resistance to yet again have their hopes raised ..... instead of words thrown outside the club at the supporters who always have their hands in their pocket... have a look at the guy you just signed up to another 2 years of coaching. If we lose this week we will have a 20% win rate post 2011 in the season that counts ..and no coach would survive that if it was his total cv. The bloated and artificially sweetened results of H&A are being given far too much credit by the ones who are in control.[/QUOTE]
Pretty heavy TC.
It IS a great achievement to make top 4 with our list, and the issue is from my pov, we just don't have the guns to go that next level, on any consistent basis.
I think the MC is balanced enough to admit our list is shallow and that the coach is the LEAST of our problems.

I'm not sure Cook is anywhere near being on the money.

Affordablility might be a major reason more so then fatigue.

I'm not sure Cook is anywhere near being on the money.

Affordablility might be a major reason more so then fatigue.
When we were successful, like 2011, we missed the Prelim for $ reasons, thinking if we lost it, didn't want to see that anyway, and if we won it, need to save for GF tickets, which are hard to get usually, but our SC membership guarantees us tickets which are hugely expensive though.

When we were successful, like 2011, we missed the Prelim for $ reasons, thinking if we lost it, didn't want to see that anyway, and if we won it, need to save for GF tickets, which are hard to get usually, but our SC membership guarantees us tickets which are hugely expensive though.
A few of my mates are refusing to go simply because of the 'home final' debacle. Refusing to give the AFL their money

So Scott confirms Menzel is in, Buzza and Stanley "very much in the conversation" (but concerned about slippery conditions) and Cockatoo won't play (but could play next week if we win).

That's not very inspiring IMO.

A few of my mates are refusing to go simply because of the 'home final' debacle. Refusing to give the AFL their money
I'm going to this one because can't afford going to Adelaide! And if it is Lonergan/Mackie final games, will be an honour to see them off.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So Scott confirms Menzel is in, Buzza and Stanley "very much in the conversation" (but concerned about slippery conditions) and Cockatoo won't play (but could play next week if we win).

That's not very inspiring IMO.

No Cockatoo is disappointing.

If we select Stanley I think "September fatigue" may set in for a few more members.

No Cockatoo is disappointing.

If we select Stanley I think "September fatigue" may set in for a few more members.
Agree on Cockatoo but if we are fair dinkum we have to roll the dice on Stanley.

Hey guys, can you walk through from gate 4 or others, to Olympic stand section, without having to go outside?

Can't remember if there are gates etc within the ground.

One of the best games I've seen live. My mate and I were surrounded by very vocal Hawks fans who thought they had the game won. We were very up and about after the Bartel point :)

Because I don't live in Victoria I don't get to many games either, but on that day I was at the MCG with quite a few Hawthorn supporting mates. Without doubt one of my greatest 'live' footy moments. And the beers were epic all night long!

You have got to be kidding?! One of Motlop's problems is not taking his chances himself and always giving it off.

The amount of times this year that I've wanted him to keep going and have a shot only to give a stupid dinky kick or horrible hand pass..

That's his biggest problem though imo, his decision making is atrocious. Doesn't make the smarter selfish choice when he should, and makes the unselfish choice when he shouldn't. It should be like that episode of Seinfeld when George starts doing the opposite of what he normally does and everything goes his way. Maybe if he did the opposite of his first instinct he wouldn't stuff it up so often.

To me that would be not playing Stanley.
Stanley can run so with a full ground press it's worth the risk. Play him at FF and let him run.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back