Player Watch #1 GigaChad Warner

Remove this Banner Ad

chad.jpg

Chad Warner
When the Sydney Swans swept up Chad Warner with pick 39 at the 2019 AFL Draft, they secured a youngster with an insatiable appetite for the contest. Warner attacks the ball and opponents with aggression and is relishing calling midfield bulls Josh Kennedy and Luke Parker his teammates at the Swans. Warner impressed for Western Australia in the 2019 AFL Under-18 Championships, averaging 18.2 touches (50 per cent contested), 3.2 clearances and 6.8 tackles per game. He also tallied an average of 27.1 disposals, 6.4 clearances and 7.4 tackles per match at Colts level for East Fremantle in 2019. He earned his AFL debut against Richmond in Round 6 of the 2020 season, recording eight disposals and two tackles.

Chad Warner
DOB: 19 May 2001
DEBUT: 2020
DRAFT: #39, 2019 National Draft
RECRUITED FROM: Willetton (WA)/Aquinas College (WA)/East Fremantle (WAFL)

Last edited by a moderator:

While I have at least 2 ‘reliable’ sources 😎😂, I think the main reason why Chad WILL stay beyond 2025 is because of our next captain Errol. It’s easy to see that the young group coming thru are very very tight, and Errol seems to be their clear leader… and it was a master stroke when he publicly made comments like “That's why you play footy. I want to look back and say I was able to play in premierships. To do that, sometimes you might have to sacrifice a little bit of money.”

So bottom line, “take it the bank”, the Chad ain’t going no where!!

Fingers crossed he is laying off the bathwater this week. Some players in our team needed a little reality check. Hopefully not too arrogant to open his eyes and stick his head down and just play football.

Last edited:
When did he not play footy yesterday !
I think he missed a few opportunities to give it off & receive it back yesterday & chose to do it all himself & get caught.
This new rule is punishing him when immediately tackled & he needs to make the adjustment necessary.
He will get even better but does need to use his team mates more.

I think he missed a few opportunities to give it off & receive it back yesterday & chose to do it all himself & get caught.
This new rule is punishing him when immediately tackled & he needs to make the adjustment necessary.
Yes he does but it makes him special at times , just needs to not bounce it as soon as he gets it

Sometimes when he is taking the give off option is when it looks bad. I think his decision making in that regard is what is the main issue. Im sure he is encouraged to take the game on at any opportunity. It may look selfish at times but it helps the team.
Id hate to see him pulled back from doing his best work.

Tom Harley pre-game (as quoted by Fox Footy);
"I'm very bullish about Chad's long term future at the Swans".

Derm during the telecast mentioned the "Swans era".
Chad might have to leave a few dollars on the table, but will still be very well paid and let's face it, who doesn't want to be an essential element in a dynasty? :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Apparently Ralphy said at half time yesterday "the Swans have had to dig deeper into their chequebook but he is staying"

What a dream it would be. This next 3-5 years is huge for our club and let’s face it, we need a flag in that period (or two) and it would be the greatest Swans team of all time. We are not exactly known for multiple flags in a short space of time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You have to take the good with the bad with Warner.

If you want to see him breaking out of traffic and single-handedly setting up scores, then occasionally he is going to miss open players or get caught.

Exactly , all i want him to do is stop bouncing it as soon as he gets it
I don't mind that he does that because then it gives more time to accelerate out of congestion and set up for his kick. If he didnt do the quick bounce, where he would normally be executing his kick he'd probably have to squeeze a bounce in.

Get the bounce out of the way and then focus on running away

Currently on 28 goals for the season which is crazy.

Bonts highest tally for a season is 31, Dusty 2017 is 37, Dangerfield 45, Dane Swan 32, Judd 29, Cousins 34, Voss 36, Ablett in the 2000s was getting 35+

He could push towards 40 goals, especially if we go deep in finals.

You have to take the good with the bad with Warner.

If you want to see him breaking out of traffic and single-handedly setting up scores, then occasionally he is going to miss open players or get caught.

Spot on

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #1 GigaChad Warner

Remove this Banner Ad

Back