Player Watch #1 GigaChad Warner

Remove this Banner Ad

chad.jpg

Chad Warner
When the Sydney Swans swept up Chad Warner with pick 39 at the 2019 AFL Draft, they secured a youngster with an insatiable appetite for the contest. Warner attacks the ball and opponents with aggression and is relishing calling midfield bulls Josh Kennedy and Luke Parker his teammates at the Swans. Warner impressed for Western Australia in the 2019 AFL Under-18 Championships, averaging 18.2 touches (50 per cent contested), 3.2 clearances and 6.8 tackles per game. He also tallied an average of 27.1 disposals, 6.4 clearances and 7.4 tackles per match at Colts level for East Fremantle in 2019. He earned his AFL debut against Richmond in Round 6 of the 2020 season, recording eight disposals and two tackles.

Chad Warner
DOB: 19 May 2001
DEBUT: 2020
DRAFT: #39, 2019 National Draft
RECRUITED FROM: Willetton (WA)/Aquinas College (WA)/East Fremantle (WAFL)

Last edited by a moderator:
He blew the shot at goal but that little in and away/change of pace he put on to freeze his defender about 5 minutes into the 3Q was just unbelievable footy instinct. It might not have looked like much but he was covered by 2 Roos yet simultaneously in his own paddock.

He blew the shot at goal but that little in and away/change of pace he put on to freeze his defender about 5 minutes into the 3Q was just unbelievable footy instinct. It might not have looked like much but he was covered by 2 Roos yet simultaneously in his own paddock.

I swear he is the closest thing to Judd in 2 decades(obviously not as good yet) his bounce and spatial awareness to evade tackles and then that step to burst through.

I will keep repeating it ad nauseum :p

I hope we manage him well!

I swear he is the closest thing to Judd in 2 decades(obviously not as good yet) his bounce and spatial awareness to evade tackles and then that step to burst through.

Judd was an ice cool clean player. But I think in terms of ability Chad has him covered tbh, and I think he's on the right track in eventually matching Judd's polish.

Judd was a V12. Chad is an F1 car but more volatile

Judd was an ice cool clean player. But I think in terms of ability Chad has him covered tbh, and I think he's on the right track in eventually matching Judd's polish.

Judd was a V12. Chad is an F1 car but more volatile
Gee wizz going early with this

Watch the 05 granny, you will enjoy it for a start, but then you might remember how good Judd was, especially before Carlton rode his body into the ground.

Watch the 05 granny, you will enjoy it for a start, but then you might remember how good Judd was, especially before Carlton rode his body into the ground.
Or even the 2010 Elim Final, when he almost got the Blues across the line single handed. I love the Chad, but he's got a ways to go to hit the Judd highs.

I wouldn't trust Chad to find his own ball. Not that sort of player

Judd could carry a team on his back. I remember 2 games against Carlton he did just that. 1 finals and 1 was a Saturday H&A match.

I love Chad but they're 2 very different players

I wouldn't trust Chad to find his own ball. Not that sort of player

Judd could carry a team on his back. I remember 2 games against Carlton he did just that. 1 finals and 1 was a Saturday H&A match.

I love Chad but they're 2 very different players
Yeah I still think the Dustin Martin comparison is the most apt comparison for Warner.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah I still think the Dustin Martin comparison is the most apt comparison for Warner.
Yep, centre and forward mostly. Gulden and McInerney reinforce the defence with occasional assistance from Rowbottom and Lloyd when he's playing on the wing. Nothing wrong with that, not everyone can be everywhere, and that's where he is most damaging.

Not one of Chad's best games but I noticed something that pleased me. Twice he was cornered/blocked and instead of going death or glory he did the simple thing, one of which was the sideways chip to Lloyd which he converted and the other a backwards handpass to maintain possession. Maybe he's been listening.
Did Berry tag him? It would explain a lot.

It's stupid

Description from reddit which pretty much sums it up:

A "chad" is an internet slang term used to describe a man who is perceived as exceptionally attractive, confident, and physically fit. The term is often used humorously or ironically to exaggerate someone's desirable traits, and it originated from various memes and online communities. The "giga" prefix emphasizes the extreme level of these attributes, making the person an idealized version of a "chad,"

So it fits perfectly really.

A "chad" is an internet slang term used to describe a man who is perceived as exceptionally attractive, confident, and physically fit. The term is often used humorously or ironically to exaggerate someone's desirable traits, and it originated from various memes and online communities. The "giga" prefix emphasizes the extreme level of these attributes, making the person an idealized version of a "chad,"

Really? Does it? I mean I love Chad but exceptionally attractive is not how I would describe him.
In my opinion at least, in the list of attractive Swans players, he's very much middle of the road.

Really? Does it? I mean I love Chad but exceptionally attractive is not how I would describe him.
In my opinion at least, in the list of attractive Swans players, he's very much middle of the road.
Man Body GIF

The actual/original 'giga chad'

for research purposes.

The best description of Chad I've seen is that he looks like a sheep who was transformed magically into a human being.

6b0a1d9a3ca320cf2296614aa8d76802

The best description of Chad I've seen is that he looks like a sheep who was transformed magically into a human being.

6b0a1d9a3ca320cf2296614aa8d76802
What an apt description!

I mean, while I wouldn't exactly say he fell out of the ugly tree, he certainly didn't fall off the good looking vine either....

Last edited:

It's dumb , should be just his name

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #1 GigaChad Warner

Remove this Banner Ad

Back