Player Watch #10 Maurice Rioli Jnr Re-Signed 2026

Remove this Banner Ad

Bit soft under pressure but he's still built like a boy. Promising.
I don’t feel soft is the right word, he’s quite fearless with the ball. I do understand that he does need to work his composure with the football though.

I’m confident that’ll come with games and age.

The call they make on this kid for the elimination final is going to be quite massive

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
he plays

not even disputable

Bit soft under pressure but he's still built like a boy. Promising.

It’s more confidence isn’t it? Classic 19yo, he is just a little unsure of what to do in certain situations. 2-3 years with more strength and confidence that comes with experience, and just refine his rustic skills a bit further, he looks the prototype of the modern small forward. He could tackle a steam-train to a ground from behind. His front on stuff will just naturally improve. Bolton at the same age used to jump out of the way at times.

19 years old and runs out 4 quarters,tackling like a beast,running like a gazelle.
Fills this old Tiger's heart with alot of joy.
The future is bright.
How good were the link ups with Dan?
The Riolis sliced the game up.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

19 years old and runs out 4 quarters,tackling like a beast,running like a gazelle.
Fills this old Tiger's heart with alot of joy.
The future is bright.
How good were the link ups with Dan?
The Riolis sliced the game up.
Imagine when we add bongs rioli next year 😳

His closing speed is insane. Rioli chase-downs are my favourite moments in Richmond games these days. Delicious
He appears so much faster running someone down than he does running with the footy or chasing a loose ball.

Probably a confidence thing 🤷

6 clangers today .. the George brigade will be all over him soon.
God they must have cried when Silk went to Gold Coast .
There's a big difference between critisising a 130+ game player who continuously makes the same mistakes and a raw kid playing his 14th game who is busting their gut to get better

He appears so much faster running someone down than he does running with the footy or chasing a loose ball.

Probably a confidence thing 🤷
Think when he is chasing he isn’t really thinking he is just in the moment but when he as the ball in hand he is trying to assess his options and make the “right” decision

Like you said definitely feels like a confidence thing, few more pre seasons and experience he will learn to trust his gut with ball in hand as well

Think when he is chasing he isn’t really thinking he is just in the moment but when he as the ball in hand he is trying to assess his options and make the “right” decision

Like you said definitely feels like a confidence thing, few more pre seasons and experience he will learn to trust his gut with ball in hand as well
I can’t wait for the day he trusts his natural ability

Will be amazing

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #10 Maurice Rioli Jnr Re-Signed 2026

Remove this Banner Ad

Back