Player Watch #10 Maurice Rioli Jnr Re-Signed 2026

Remove this Banner Ad

Nankervis Hopper Taranto Prestia starting midfield, Cotchin coming off the bench as we don't need him to be front and centre like we have in the past.
How quickly has Dusty been consigned to a forward line position. I’d still have him starting in the guts before the majority of our on ballers and rotating forward. Not starting forward. He is at his best when the opposition find it difficult to match him up as he moves in and out of the middle to forward line.

How quickly has Dusty been consigned to a forward line position. I’d still have him starting in the guts before the majority of our on ballers and rotating forward. Not starting forward. He is at his best when the opposition find it difficult to match him up as he moves in and out of the middle to forward line.

In the last 30 sec of a grand final, with the scores even -

Cotchin.
Martin.
Bolton.

Imho

(Log in to remove this ad.)

To be fair we have no one waiting in the wings to replace the guy. Making the first year guy who is the next Baker?

I called it in preseason.

I don't see what everyone else sees in MRJ, if he didn't have a famous name he would be a whipping boy.

Whilst I acknowledge his elite pace and therefore can apply pressure, that's undone by his awful decision making and absolutely terrible kicking penetration.

Ducks for cover

In a nutshell - at the moment - he is better without the ball than with it. Shane Edwards was a bit like him in first couple of years

In a nutshell - at the moment - he is better without the ball than with it. Shane Edwards was a bit like him in first couple of years

Nah Shane was trash with both in his first few years. But Shane just had "it." Would run back into packs at all of 60kg against ruckman, and would run all day. Shane was always one touch and was always light years ahead in decision making. Maurice is far from that.

Needs to kick the ball harder when kicking less than 30m. Just pops them up in the air lazily allowing the easy spoil or intercept.

His nephew needs to teach him how to kick. Dan rarely 'catapults' it like Short or Houli use to, but he always place it exactly where it needs to go like Leon Cameron did.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #10 Maurice Rioli Jnr Re-Signed 2026

Remove this Banner Ad

Back