AFL Player #10: Sam Weideman

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah, what's the message the playing group receive from Weid's selection? ...coz that ain't it.
I think the message is "if you think you can play that role, you're in form in the VFL, you're not injured, and Weid is getting selected ahead of you without kicking a goal for 7 weeks, then you're probably about to get delisted coz the coach really, really doesn't rate you"

a) yes we know, it's been repeated ad nauseam, and we've all agreed something needs to change.

b) how many shots at goal did you expect each of our players to have tonight, and how many have they actually had? should all of them have their threads melted too? why, or why not?

c) who has played CHF at Essendon this year and consistently kicked goals when playing there? why, or why not?
Yes and every week we see you defend him ad nauseam.

At what point do we admit that he's a shit forward and that he shouldn't be playing? And by us I mean you. Everyone else is on the same page.

I think the message is "if you think you can play that role, you're in form in the VFL, you're not injured, and Weid is getting selected ahead of you without kicking a goal for 7 weeks, then you're probably about to get delisted coz the coach really, really doesn't rate you"
Insanity is the continual repetition of the same mistake.

At what point do we admit that he's a s**t forward and that he shouldn't be playing? And by us I mean you. Everyone else is on the same page.
I'm pretty sure it's Scott who is defending his selection, every week without fail, even when he is not asked to do so.

I'm trying to understand and explain what I think is going on, because very clearly something is going on if a goalless forward is being defended by the coach 6 weeks in a row and counting.

Voss must be laughing and shaking his head. Probably given up on trying knowing it doesn’t matter what he does this bloke will keep getting played ahead of him. Really don’t know how 7 straight weeks without a goal can be justified. And it’s more than the goals. It’s the fact he looks so far off it

At what point do we admit that he's a s**t forward and that he shouldn't be playing? And by us I mean you. Everyone else is on the same page.
7 weeks!! He can’t play again go and get a kick in the vfl. I don’t care who comes in. He doesn’t deserve a spot right now

Trying to not bash the guy but this Is just getting stupid now. this is doing nothing for him expect
lowering his confidence more.

if we keep gifting games to people we are just going to build a shit culture. This is the type of shit woosha did and it gets us nowhere.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dudoro probably thought he pulled off another 2MP heist when in the end it just shows he got lucky once.
Probably a bit harsh on Dodoro I think. We identified a need and Weed was the best available… kind of sums up why he has had a continued run at it. The cupboard is pretty bare and we are very light on for key forwards.

Probably a bit harsh on Dodoro I think. We identified a need and Weed was the best available… kind of sums up why he has had a continued run at it. The cupboard is pretty bare and we are very light on for key forwards.

Fair but we've also got Stewart on the list.

Given that Stewart was most recently playing forward there is no case for both to be on the list.

The worst thing about it is that if he'd done it 2-3 weeks ago Weid would have had a decent chunk of time to get his confidence up in the VFL and then he could have built enough form up to earn a recall. He can't do that now.

Doesn't really though, Wright's back, there's zero reason to keep playing him now. He clearly doesn't fit the role that the game plan wants so rather than gift him games adjust the game plan. It's what good sides do, they have different game plans, they don't just stubbornly plug a bloke in over and over.

Think the fact he was able to take a few marks late while loose in defence and hit a few targets just proves that he's totally unable to play with a defender on his back giving him any form of body pressure, or any pressure at all, including perceived

Voss must be laughing and shaking his head. Probably given up on trying knowing it doesn’t matter what he does this bloke will keep getting played ahead of him. Really don’t know how 7 straight weeks without a goal can be justified. And it’s more than the goals. It’s the fact he looks so far off it
Voss has hardly set the world on fire and is not really a CHF, more a stringer role.

He should have got a game earlier in the year when Stringer was out and his form was better.

Lets see if he can go hell for leather and grab an opportunity today.

Not saying Weid should stay in the team though. He is not a forward. Drop him to VFL and play him in defence for the rest of the year. If he is no good, delist.

If the structure is for him not to kick goals and compete up the ground, play nik cox ffs. At least he is tall enough to bring the ball to ground on the wings, may even sneak forward and kick a snag

I'm no doctor, but surely this is between the ears for Weid. How does someone become so highly rated as a junior, then not step up? He's mostly playing among his peers and people younger than him, so he has reason to be confident. I wouldn't usually suggest a hare-brained scheme, but at the moment I'd even back a hypnotist.

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL Player #10: Sam Weideman

Remove this Banner Ad

Back