AFL Player #10: Sam Weideman

Remove this Banner Ad

Missed the game last night, how did he perform?
He reads the play well, he covers his man pretty well, but when it's time to get the ball or impact the contest he just doesnt have the instinct/mongrel/call it whatever you want to actually get in and make a difference, so he gets you bodied at the contest, or he loses a ground ball fight and lets the ball get behind him.

He's kind of like Cox 🙄

It was worth seeing him at AFL level again . He is not AFL level at both ends. Did think he was better than Cox as a KPD but that is not hard.

It was worth seeing him at AFL level again . He is not AFL level at both ends. Did think he was better than Cox as a KPD but that is not hard.

If only there was a pill we could give Cox to harden him up a bit....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How he wasn’t in the first round of delisting shows we still wont progress as a club. No where near it and desperate to be competitive he remains
Tbh I'm not fussed in the order/rate of which people get delisted, it doesn't really matter. But yeah, he should be out the door.

Tbh I'm not fussed in the order/rate of which people get delisted, it doesn't really matter. But yeah, he should be out the door.
I'm kinda wondering if they found out about an offer from some club and are hoping for pick 65 or something for him.

How he wasn’t in the first round of delisting shows we still wont progress as a club. No where near it and desperate to be competitive he remains
It's possible they want to keep him as KPD depth considering there's a lot of question marks over Reid

I assume that’s why Laverde is on the list. Probably need another KPD backup like Baldwin… oh wait…
A back up need to be able to get on the ground. The only bloke you can back up if you are injured a lot is the next bloke in the rehab group. Baldwin looked okay but your depth / backup needs to be durable as well otherwise it is pointless.

No Reid, Baldwin and Hunter on the park ruined any chance we had a building decent key position depth. So as much as I hate the idea of Weid staying on. He kinda has to as the break the glass type. I’d rather go offer Adelaide Himmleberg or Howard some money for a year or 2. But ultimately I’m hoping we are picking up a key position player or 2 in this years draft and Reid sorts his body out, so we can move on from Weid and Lav end of 25

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL Player #10: Sam Weideman

Remove this Banner Ad

Back