Player Watch #11: Luke "Two Dogs" McDonald (Part II) - Roo til end '26 - 2023/24 co captain w/ Jy

Remove this Banner Ad

Bloody hell. Time flies.
You reckon time flies... I remember standing at the edge of our driveway and cheering him and his old man on when they ran past our place in the Melbourne Marathon back in the days when it started in Frankston. Had to be before 2010.

For the record (and this is deadset true), we were about 5Km from the starting line. Donald and Luke were the last two to run past. They were closely followed by the truck that picks up those who sadly, didn't make it.

They were closely followed by the truck that picks up those who sadly, didn't make it.
dead GIF

You reckon time flies... I remember standing at the edge of our driveway and cheering him and his old man on when they ran past our place in the Melbourne Marathon back in the days when it started in Frankston. Had to be before 2010.

For the record (and this is deadset true), we were about 5Km from the starting line. Donald and Luke were the last two to run past. They were closely followed by the truck that picks up those who sadly, didn't make it.
So they were faster than the sagwagon

Bloody hell. Time flies.

Time does indeed fly, eh?

My early LMac memory is the 17 year old playing for Werribee at Princes park, and kicking one pretty much from the centre square.

It's a feat that's probably done him no favours, as he's too often tried to repeat it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You weren't tempted to stick the leg out from behind the front fence as they went past?

There’s a reason LMac has been twice voted in for the captaincy. We supporters just don’t see the behind the scenes role he plays, and the love the boys have for him. Congrats on 200 LMac, massive feat.
I’d prefer my captain to perform on field, stand up under heat & lead by example, rather than performing wonders behind the scenes and being loved by his teammates.

Come on ChopChopDigDig.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #11: Luke "Two Dogs" McDonald (Part II) - Roo til end '26 - 2023/24 co captain w/ Jy

Remove this Banner Ad

Back