Player Watch #11: Luke "Two Dogs" McDonald (Part II) - Roo til end '26 - 2023/24 co captain w/ Jy

Remove this Banner Ad

You just know nothing is going to come of the play when he wheels onto his left and bombs it long. He tries hard, but **** me it's painful watching such a limited footballer.
Like an under 12 player playing in the u18 Championships. His smarts are so underdone I have no idea how he is still playing.

On top of it all is the Reagan Smash scenario, where we actually setup some good play and Luke finds it in space only to kick it as high as he does long.

In his own head I think he sees himself as our Wayne Schwass when he goes calling for hands.
EF absolutely he'd love to be anything like him.

Last edited:
On top of it all is the Reagan Smash scenario, where we actually setup some good play and Luke finds it in space only to kick it as high as he does long.

In his own head I think he sees himself as our Bachar Houli when he goes calling for hands.
Needs to reinvent himself as an NFL Punter Luke “Hang-time” McDonald.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't have an issue with Luke playing a defensive role but he has to stop getting in the middle of rebound uncontested possession chains. I shouldn't say in the middle because more often than not, Luke's uncontested possession ends the chain in a long kick to a contest.

Truly truly awful.
Teams recognise he’s the weak link and play through him.

Wasn’t going to be long till his efforts contributed to another close loss.

Downright embarrassing today.

Yeah, nah. Tries but just makes too many mistakes and seems to have lost both pace and agility.
Luckily for him he’s contracted for two more years. I’d be looking to transition him out of the side next year Captain or not.
Mate trust me he will Captain next year as long as the players vote on it and will be playing Round 1 in 2025 as he is protected by his dads mates.

The game has become twice as fast in the contest and on the spread as when he was drafted, so he’s being chopped to shreds.

Hardeman looks very good and needs to be fast tracked in his position asap.

Do the team thing LMac, step down from the 1’s and use your experience to look after our kids in the 2’s.

Mate trust me he will Captain next year as long as the players vote on it and will be playing Round 1 in 2025 as he is protected by his dad’s mates.
Some of this conspiracy theory crap is insane.

So he is getting a game because Clarko and his Old Man played together.

Yeah I’d imagine Clarko would be absolutely frightened of what might happen to his friendship with Donald if he dropped Luke.

He’d rather make decisions that allow the team to lose to maintain a friendship that you assume would be on the rocks if he dropped him.

Some ridiculous crap written in here.

Having said that did not have a great day today and I’d suggest come Round 1 next year will be interesting to see where he fits.

Some of this conspiracy theory crap is insane.

So he is getting a game because Clarko and his Old Man played together.

Yeah I’d imagine Clarko would be absolutely frightened of what might happen to his friendship with Donald if he dropped Luke.

He’d rather make decisions that allow the team to lose to maintain a friendship that you assume would be on the rocks if he dropped him.

Some ridiculous crap written in here.

Having said that did not have a great day today and I’d suggest come Round 1 next year will be interesting to see where he fits.
Maybe you need to wake up mate I seen this bloke go thru the motions all his career he has played 1 decent year and that was the Covid year and if you cant see his going backwards your a fool as a lot of North supporters can see it too that he has gone backwards.
At a real club he be dropped but don’t worry he will still in the AFL come Round 1 in 2025 as Captain of the NMFC.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #11: Luke "Two Dogs" McDonald (Part II) - Roo til end '26 - 2023/24 co captain w/ Jy

Remove this Banner Ad

Back