Player Watch #11: Luke "Two Dogs" McDonald (Part II) - Roo til end '26 - 2023/24 co captain w/ Jy

Remove this Banner Ad

Thank you Donald
Haven’t got the Function business to a point where we can take two salaries so have to keep backing him up til we can afford it mate.

Seriously though, the berating in here is next level ridiculous for solid output he provides.

Stand by the contribution he makes as a Leader too.

And I’ll add too, stood Kosi Pickett for a good amount of time when he was forward.

One of the more electric players in the Comp and held him to sweet FA.

But let’s all conveniently overlook that because he had a god awful 72% DE.

Last edited:
Haven’t got the Function business to a point where we can take two salaries so have to keep backing him up til we can afford it mate.

Seriously though, the berating in here is next level ridiculous for solid output he provides.

Stand by the contribution he makes as a Leader too.

And I’ll add too, stood Kosi Pickett for a good amount of time when he was forward.

One of the more electric players in the Comp and held him to sweet FA.

But let’s all conveniently overlook that because he had a god awful 72% DE.
Would like a fact check on this.

Pickett had a sub par game but I can't recall Luke being assigned to him or directly competing with h i m in multiple contests.

Luke seemed to be getting shuffled around amongst other mid size opponents who found opportunity against him.

Happy to be wrong if you have more information to support your claim.

Would like a fact check on this.

Pickett had a sub par game but I can't recall Luke being assigned to him or directly competing with h i m in multiple contests.

Luke seemed to be getting shuffled around amongst other mid size opponents who found opportunity against him.

Happy to be wrong if you have more information to support your claim.
Watched closely and he spent a lot of time shuffling to get Fisher in the clear and in turn ended up defending him one on one when not at a stoppage.

Only when he got caught out did he end up on Turner a couple of times.

Those are the intangibles that kids can’t learn without some support - hence his value.

Watched closely and he spent a lot of time shuffling to get Fisher in the clear and in turn ended up defending him one on one when not at a stoppage.

Only when he got caught out did he end up on Turner a couple of times.

Those are the intangibles that kids can’t learn without some support - hence his value.
Fwiw I just watched McDonald's entire game involvements (AFL app) and there was only 1 wing contest where he and Pickett were competing in the same pack.

Tucker was minding Pickett.

Fwiw I just watched McDonald's entire game involvements (AFL app) and there was only 1 wing contest where he and Pickett were competing in the same pack.

Tucker was minding Pickett.
Tucker or Fisher were on Pickett

McDonald has Disco Turner lol

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He did the same thing Easter Friday last year

Runs past Sheezel asking for the ball .
Gets ball

Off target and doesn’t make the distance .
Carlton two kicks to Motlop and goal

On the replay you see a first year player, miles in front of concrete boots McDonald(C) running back to defend.

That night he was put into my Whipping Boys Hall of Fame

Absolute relic of the Scott era

On top of it all is the Reagan Smash scenario, where we actually setup some good play and Luke finds it in space only to kick it as high as he does long.

In his own head I think he sees himself as our Bachar Houli when he goes calling for hands.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back