Player Watch #11: Luke "Two Dogs" McDonald (Part II) - Roo til end '26 - 2023/24 co captain w/ Jy

Remove this Banner Ad

When all of Goater, Hardeman, and Archer are healthy, there simply is not a spot in the best 22 for McDonald.

He's going to be a very high-paid VFL player in 2025+2026.

The tribe has spoken Luke, time to extinguish your torch and leave.

Has regressed unfortunately and in a well trodden sports cliche the game is now moved past him. We know, He knows and should go the 2nd’s to educate the next generation. More respect for the coaches and him if he did that.

The tribe has spoken Luke, time to extinguish your torch and leave.

Has regressed unfortunately and in a well trodden sports cliche the game is now moved past him. We know, He knows and should go the 2nd’s to educate the next generation. More respect for the coaches and him if he did that.
Needs to go.
Walk himself out of the team if he’s a true Shinboner & knows what’s best for the team & our future. Just not up to it . Offers nothing & should realise others have overtaken him .
Sad but that’s reality. If Clarko is serious about this team & rebuilding. Luke needs to give up the captaincy & Clarko needs to drop him.
He is now 200% the weakest link .

Last edited:
Mate trust me he will Captain next year as long as the players vote on it and will be playing Round 1 in 2025 as he is protected by his dads mates.
I'd actually almost prefer Donald played instead of him ..... lol, almost

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Long bomb Luke needs to go. Tries, but he is a one paced battler.
At risk of kicking the guy when he's down, thought it was worth checking if there's a statistical basis for why Luke does present as the long kicking option near F50.

There wasn't. 18.27 across 195 games.

Not sure why he isn't following a KISS template with his kicks when percentage wise there is nothing to support him taking wild shots lIke he's 1990s David King.

At risk of kicking the guy when he's down, thought it was worth checking if there's a statistical basis for why Luke does present as the long kicking option near F50.

There wasn't. 18.27 across 195 games.

Not sure why he isn't following a KISS template with his kicks when percentage wise there is nothing to support him taking wild shots lIke he's 1990s David King.
Did he have like one goal maybe 8 years ago or something that landed from one of those? It was a big moment type of goal.

Whatever the fck it is. We are seeing again ( I’ll probably cop it for saying it) he and jy just can’t seem show consistent quality high intensity football. That west coast game and parts of Collingwood was it from my point of view

Did he have like one goal maybe 8 years ago or something that landed from one of those? It was a big moment type of goal.

His first career goal was the Swans semi final in 2015 and from memory was a long bomb

Sheezel should also have known better than to give it to him. There's almost no one else in the entire competition you want with the ball 60 out than Harry, yet for some reason he gave it off

His first career goal was the Swans semi final in 2015 and from memory was a long bomb

Sheezel should also have known better than to give it to him. There's almost no one else in the entire competition you want with the ball 60 out than Harry, yet for some reason he gave it off
Harry plays on instinct. Went to a loud voice. .

KISS. It's that ****ing easy, mate. Focus on the defensive stuff and then never ever run to present an option.

He had some good weeks, but the full inglorious Lmac experience is back in vogue.

Watching it causes me anguish on multiple levels. Surely he knows? Surely?

How many blokes across the competition do we know who have walked away from a contract? How many years does he have left?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

How many blokes across the competition do we know who have walked away from a contract? How many years does he have left?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
I was gonna say "send him to the farm" .... but I can't imagine him working a farm.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back