Player Watch #11: Luke "Two Dogs" McDonald (Part II) - Roo til end '26 - 2023/24 co captain w/ Jy

Remove this Banner Ad

More precisely, imo, the game changes and the kids come through. That combination, along with injuries, can make him seem slower, or be slower in comparison as the game has sped up. That he wins our time trials is more an indictment on the rest of them.
He has great endurance but he's never been a fast straight line runner.

In a 124 point loss?
Our captain had to best games on ground.

Against West Coast and whatever the **** that was yesterday. Is that how low we’re setting the bar?
Yeah he had a shit game the week before and then responded. Unlike nearly every other campaigner on the field.

He has great endurance but he's never been a fast straight line runner.

Boomer was also chased down by ruckmen in a straight line, he wasn't straight-line fast but he we able to accelerate and be fast whilst ducking and weaving, making him really hard to tackle when he was being mobile.

Jy is similar in that he has agility but I agree he isn't straight line fast.

He would be in the average category for speed, where a majority of the footballers find themselves, not a massive difference between those in that area. Those who are slow, ie Cunnington levels of slow were as uncommon as those that were fast.

Boomer was also chased down by ruckmen in a straight line, he wasn't straight-line fast but he we able to accelerate and be fast whilst ducking and weaving, making him really hard to tackle when he was being mobile.

Jy is similar in that he has agility but I agree he isn't straight line fast.

He would be in the average category for speed, where a majority of the footballers find themselves, not a massive difference between those in that area. Those who are slow, ie Cunnington levels of slow were as uncommon as those that were fast.
Is it Anthony Franchina still has nightmares about chasing Boomer up and down at the Dome when Boomer had that busted wing. Funny as heck

Simpkin though, it was evident multiple times this year when players got away from him. He's had a dusty year, hopefully the summer he finds or returns to his level, but just maybe, he's lost a yard.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No disrespect, but how the f*ck did Zurhaar and McDonald place in the top 10??
McDonald at 9th I can almost get. He was solid for large swathes of the year, whilst a few of our lads weren't. Larkey, Archer and Scott the only real potential replacements there. But Zurhaar at 6th is batshit insane

He’d get a game at every club in the comp.

Ha! Who’s he replacing in Sydney, Geelong, GWS or Brisbane’s best 23?

With Richmond’s proven medium defenders, in Broad, Vlastuin and Short he’d struggle to get a game in Richmond’s backline.

Guaranteed starter Rd 1 2025
There’s no way his replaced now as a starter in the AFL and will be re appointed as Captain come 2025.
To bad this 2024 had this had been 1994 he be lucky to be in the Top 5 of the VFL side.
It’s a sad sight how far this club has fallen and I dare say the greatest sporting tragedy in Australian sport.

There’s no way his replaced now as a starter in the AFL and will be re appointed as Captain come 2025.
To bad this 2024 had this had been 1994 he be lucky to be in the Top 5 of the VFL side.
It’s a sad sight how far this club has fallen and I dare say the greatest sporting tragedy in Australian sport.

The saddest in Australia?

The saddest in Australia?
Not as sad as the death of Hookesy, or when Big Corey did his shoulder against stink kilda, but certainly in the top 10 … ironically 🤔🤷‍♂️🙂

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #11: Luke "Two Dogs" McDonald (Part II) - Roo til end '26 - 2023/24 co captain w/ Jy

Remove this Banner Ad

Back