AFL Player #12: Will Setterfield

Remove this Banner Ad

personally i think that his kicking is the best in the team and that isn't even close!
Langford, Merrett, Gresham, Ridley, Stringer, Baldwin, Redman, Reid, ADJ, Martin, Roberts all better IMO

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Playing his role perfectly, missed him last year when he went down with injury. Big body, solid defensively and provides some protection to his fellow midfielders. Never going to win a brownlow, but will make the likes of Merrett, Parish, Perkins & Durham jobs a little easier.

Last edited:
Playing his role perfectly, missed him last year when he went down with injury. Big body, solid defensively and provides some protection to his fellow midfielders. Never going to win a brownlow, but will make the likes of Merrett, Parish, Perkins & Durham jobs a little easier.
Yeah, he's not the most dynamic player, but he gets the ball and tackles. Glad he is doing well as an ex-Giant

Not the first time I have said this but: who would have thought a big bodied midfielder would go a long way to helping our midfield deficiencies?

Will doesn't solve everything, but damn he makes a difference.
I kinda get why he was considered as a possible #1.
Very happy for and with Will.

There may be better kicks in the team but he never seems crap himself and just throw it on the boot in a panic.

He's been better that I thought he would be.

I was happy to discard him but at this stage he looks a decent cog in the 22.

Happy to admit I'm wrong if he can sustain the output.
Was 2nd or 3rd on my 2016 wishlist.
Had some poor luck getting recruited to a stacked gws.
then goes to carlton and has a good season supporting cripps before kennedy, hewett and cerra come along
We should have gone for him when went for shiel and let gws keep the steak knives

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL Player #12: Will Setterfield

Remove this Banner Ad

Back