Player Watch #13 Clayton Oliver – UNPRECEDENTED 4x B&F, 3x AA, 2x AFLCA Winner and Premiership Player (formerly)

Remove this Banner Ad

OK, I've removed about three pages of posts.

Please do not use this thread to speculate about Oliver's private life – medical or otherwise.

Regardless of the veracity of your rumour, or what you know/have heard, if it's not public knowledge, just don't post it.

I don't want to turn this place into Demonland, but if you can't see the potential harm that this sort of rumour-spreading can cause (regardless of your intentions), then perhaps it's best if you take a bit of a break.

Thanks.

I don't care how they do it, but for **** sake get him out of this footy club asap.

It's no wonder you got kids like Koltyn throwing their arms up tonight because he's watching a more senior player do this week in week out. It's disgusting.

He's already tried to piss off before when he hasn't gotten his way and other clubs reckon he's gettable. They aren't basing that purely on his performance they're talking to someone.
If we could trade him for a 2025 4th and pay half his wage I'd do it.

His competitiveness isn't there. Reckon you'd see it for the honeymoon period at a different club but it will eventually die off there too. Wouldn't surprise me if he's paid out a % of his contract in 3-4 years and is retired.

In all seriousness about his mental health challenges - I hope he does whatever he needs to get in a good space. If that is retiring, changing clubs, or just having time off, go for it. But surely he must recognise that he is letting his teammates down being out there right now. Enough is enough.
Even as an opposition supporter, it was hard watching. He appears to be detached not only from his team mates but from the very game itself. Let’s hope he finds his way back somehow but can see why many supporters want him gone. Sad all round.

His competitiveness isn't there. Reckon you'd see it for the honeymoon period at a different club but it will eventually die off there too. Wouldn't surprise me if he's paid out a % of his contract in 3-4 years and is retired.

I get that vibe too, I reckon he will be out of the game well before that contract is finished.

He’s absolutely gassed. Get him off to get the hand fixed up and back for pre season day one. Only took 50% of CBAs tonight and that’s meant to be his bread and butter. Not doing him any good or the team any good playing him right now.

He’s absolutely gassed. Get him off to get the hand fixed up and back for pre season day one. Only took 50% of CBAs tonight and that’s meant to be his bread and butter. Not doing him any good or the team any good playing him right now.
Still making excuses 😂

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't think I've ever seen a drop off like this. Only one I can think off is Nathan Brown and he broke his leg. Oliver just straight up stopped giving a shit. he was 10x the player in his first year than he is now.

Good to see Kane smash Oliver last night ... finally there's public acknowledgement/pressure on his efforts and Goody for selecting him each week.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
The one effort he did put in was that footage of him chasing Butters as hard as he could off his terrible turnover kick and he didn't even get close to catching him, it was sad and pathetic to see him try so hard and not even get close.. I could almost hear him say " don't make me run, I'm full of chocolate" as he ran behind Butters when they showed that.

We can't forget he has an owwie on his hand though so that played a big part in it.

The one effort he did put in was that footage of him chasing Butters as hard as he could off his terrible turnover kick and he didn't even get close to catching him, it was sad and pathetic to see him try so hard and not even get close.. I could almost hear him say " don't make me run, I'm full of chocolate" as he ran behind Butters when they showed that.

We can't forget he has an owwie on his hand though so that played a big part in it.
Lol I still remember Jonathan Brown after he got his head completely caved in saying he could still train because ' I don't run on me face'

2:30

Meanwhile Clayton Uter Oliver can't run because he has a sore finger.

Butters laughing at him for that terrible kick and inability to chase him down... this feels like bullying. :gigglev1:

View attachment 2075231

Oliver got so salty at him for it "LEAVE ME ALONE" ... :tearsofjoy:
Lever sprayed Oliver for this and Oliver sooked up, saw it ATG. Made me like Lever for a bit until he went back to being ****ing useless.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #13 Clayton Oliver – UNPRECEDENTED 4x B&F, 3x AA, 2x AFLCA Winner and Premiership Player (formerly)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back