Player Watch #13 Clayton Oliver – UNPRECEDENTED 4x B&F, 3x AA, 2x AFLCA Winner and Premiership Player (formerly)

Remove this Banner Ad

OK, I've removed about three pages of posts.

Please do not use this thread to speculate about Oliver's private life – medical or otherwise.

Regardless of the veracity of your rumour, or what you know/have heard, if it's not public knowledge, just don't post it.

I don't want to turn this place into Demonland, but if you can't see the potential harm that this sort of rumour-spreading can cause (regardless of your intentions), then perhaps it's best if you take a bit of a break.

Thanks.

Agree, but the "not trying" narrative was always BS.
There are degrees to that argument. I've definitely seen some terrible efforts where he's picked and chosen when to go this year which I'd never seen from him before.

There are degrees to that argument. I've definitely seen some terrible efforts where he's picked and chosen when to go this year which I'd never seen from him before.

Maybe, but I just think there's times he can't go - Which is his own fault of course for wrecking his own preseason.

In a perfect world they'd ship him off to start preseason now, but Goody's world ain't perfect.

His care factor on his disposal outside a left foot kick to the top of the 50 is at an all time low. I used to rinse him for being a long bomb merchant but it's even worse now
The amount of times he will just snap it over a shoulder off one step to no target at all is embarassing for an 'elite' player
This one grinds my gears. Most the time he isn't under pressure it's just lazy. There was one on the weekend on the wing, plenty of space to run through the centre and he did that shitty snap. 😡

There was some chat on SEN this morning. It was Lyon and Morris. 2 Dees fans. On Clarry Lyon was emphatic that he has turned things around at this point and should not be traded. He also said Clarry’s hand is in need of more surgery and as such has been struggling to even handball. He has been pinged for some throws. He said there’s 14 pins in his hand. Maybe an exaggeration.

There was some chat on SEN this morning. It was Lyon and Morris. 2 Dees fans. On Clarry Lyon was emphatic that he has turned things around at this point and should not be traded. He also said Clarry’s hand is in need of more surgery and as such has been struggling to even handball. He has been pinged for some throws. He said there’s 14 pins in his hand. Maybe an exaggeration.
😂😂 Oh yeah Oliver's the only player in the comp who throws the ball

Nuff city

Yeah i listened to that convo this morning. Pretty glad these two have nothing to do with running the club moving forward. Lyon seems to slap us as a club one minute, then defends us to the hilt the next. They both were adamant Tim Lamb has done a brilliant job. So yeah, i'd take what they both say with a grain of salt. Both probably have close contacts at the club and were very defiant about Oliver remaining at the club moving forward. Pretty obvious Oliver's hand has bothered him most of the season. I'd be putting him for surgery asap and getting a long preseason into him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah i listened to that convo this morning. Pretty glad these two have nothing to do with running the club moving forward. Lyon seems to slap us as a club one minute, then defends us to the hilt the next. They both were adamant Tim Lamb has done a brilliant job. So yeah, i'd take what they both say with a grain of salt. Both probably have close contacts at the club and were very defiant about Oliver remaining at the club moving forward. Pretty obvious Oliver's hand has bothered him most of the season. I'd be putting him for surgery asap and getting a long preseason into him.
Goody probably wants to have a throw at the stumps with finals still in calculations. Although let’s face it we aren’t making finals. Gawn also clearly hampered. But the point is a good one if he needs some decent surgery. Get him in for it now.

Goody probably wants to have a throw at the stumps with finals still in calculations. Although let’s face it we aren’t making finals. Gawn also clearly hampered. But the point is a good one if he needs some decent surgery. Get him in for it now.
Yeah, if he's 100% staying, then get him in now for surgery and get him going early for a preseason.

If we lose tomorrow, then I'd be resting Gawn for the last few games and getting Verrall out there too.

Yeah, if he's 100% staying, then get him in now for surgery and get him going early for a preseason.

If we lose tomorrow, then I'd be resting Gawn for the last few games and getting Verrall out there too.
Yep if we lose its curtains. Can’t see Goody doing it but we should be just getting players 100% for pre season day one.

Yep if we lose its curtains. Can’t see Goody doing it but we should be just getting players 100% for pre season day one.
Nah wouldn't surprise me if surgeries are brought forward once finals are officially out of the question.

Just saw his first disposal, time and space and snaps 15m over his shoulder for a turnover goal. What a shit player
Leave Clarry alone. It was a contested possession and it takes remarkable skill for him not to snap it into his cellulite laden tuck shop shoulder.

Leave Clarry alone. It was a contested possession and it takes remarkable skill for him not to snap it into his cellulite laden tuck shop shoulder.
Obviously just needs another pre season, 2 minutes into the first quarter he can't be expected to have energy still

Obviously just needs another pre season, 2 minutes into the first quarter he can't be expected to have energy still
He’s also tired because of our training loads in preparation for finals

I can't remember who the player was but one scray player set another up with a hospital handpass in the first quarter. Oliver running straight at him could have barrelled him and tackled him legally, but doesn't. It was actually impressive how he managed to avoid tackling from a perfect setup. Someone please make a gif of it

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #13 Clayton Oliver – UNPRECEDENTED 4x B&F, 3x AA, 2x AFLCA Winner and Premiership Player (formerly)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back