Player Watch #13 Clayton Oliver – UNPRECEDENTED 4 x B&F, 3 x AA, 2 x AFLCA Winner and Premiership Player

Remove this Banner Ad

Was floated on our board and a big no
I know it’s annoying when others jump in but what would Melbourne want for Oliver? As in, what is the ‘right price?’
If King wasn't included, I just don't see what St Kilda could offer that would get us to pick up the phone tbh (no offence intended).

It's hard to gauge realistically, as there's not much of the way in terms of precedents for a 26-year-old with four B&Fs, three AAs and two AFLCA awards being traded (with seven years left on his contract).

If he's being pushed, that changes things again.

If King wasn't included, I just don't see what St Kilda could offer that would get us to pick up the phone tbh (no offence intended).

It's hard to gauge realistically, as there's not much of the way in terms of precedents for a 26-year-old with 4 B&Fs, 3 AAs and two AFLCA awards being traded.

Absolutely agree with this.

Then the question is what is Harley Reid worth..?
12,13&14?

Very Bizarre

It's hard to gauge realistically, as there's not much of the way in terms of precedents for a 26-year-old with 4 B&Fs, 3 AAs and two AFLCA awards being traded.

Think they'd have to use 12 and 13 to get up the board then ****ed if I know.

His actual value is probably like a 2x top 7 type picks scenario with maybe some other picks swapping later.
Probably about right, but you'd want one of those to be in the top 3/4 so that you could guarantee at least one of McKercher and Duursma

Probably about right, but you'd want one of those to be in the top 3/4 so that you could guarantee at least one of McKercher and Duursma
Yep the first you'd want 3/4 and then the second still needs to be good.

There's absolutely no way we are gonna walk away with a trade done with people thinking we 'won' the deal especially to the group of supporters who think we lost the Lever/May/Hogan/Jackson deals

So true

Dylan Shiel and Adam Treloar we’re both traded for two x pick 7’s.

Clarry is a far better footballer than both.
Mate I understand you're gonna get offended about this regardless but we aren't getting a king's ransom for him. You have to take your Melbourne hat off and actually look at this properly.

But you're incorrect.

Shiel was 8 and a future first which ended up being 9

Treloar was 7 and a future first.

I didn't say a FF I said a guaranteed double of 2 picks inside this draft. To allow us to get 3 of the best young kids in the country this year.

Clarry is a far better footballer than both.

And they didn't have off field issues either.

I honestly think if there are some off field issues we might need to set our expectations a bit lower as fans for what we might get back.

A swag of picks so we can move up to get at least one top 3 pick to go with 6 (that we could move up from to 4 perhaps)

Or a player with a first this year and F1.
Just using the Swans as an example, a Swans fan suggested Logan McDonald earlier. Or maybe Chad Warner could be another realistic option if we wanted to look for a player and pick(s) option. Gulden is a pipe dream until proven otherwise.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mate I understand you're gonna get offended about this regardless but we aren't getting a king's ransom for him. You have to take your Melbourne hat off and actually look at this properly.

But you're incorrect.

I didn't say a FF I said a guaranteed double of 2 picks inside this draft. To allow us to get 3 of the best young kids in the country this year.
They both were uncontracted though - which typically would make a difference, however in this instance I think his contract is far more a negative than a positive for a buyer.

It's certainly a hard one to price - particularly with no details of his issues available.

They both were uncontracted though - which typically would make a difference, however in this instance I think his contract is far more a negative than a positive for a buyer.

It's certainly a hard one to price - particularly with no details of his issues available.
Truthfully speculation on a price is pointless until we know what clubs are we dealing with. Clubs won't magically find picks.

Don't know that Suns would have the cap space but if we could turn Oliver and a few second rounders into Humphrey and 4 I'd be happy.
Reckon If they had the picks we would take one of their spuds who's on a high contract and make it work

Clarry is comfortably a better footballer than both. Much better.

not true. Both of those deals had 2nd rounders going back.

Oliver is clearly worth 2 x Top 10 picks on his own though. Guy is a jet.

But you're incorrect.

We got a 2nd rounder back with Sheil for the 2 x firsts also. Pretty sure same with Treloar.

I see Oliver 2 x top 10's easily, But there must be something brewing if you guys are trying to trade him 1 year into a 7 year deal? Whats the goss? Seems bizzare.

We got a 2nd rounder back with Sheil for the 2 x firsts also. Pretty sure same with Treloar.

I see Oliver 2 x top 10's easily, But there must be something brewing if you guys are trying to trade him 1 year into a 7 year deal? Whats the goss? Seems bizzare.
About the same as we paid for Lever. We paid 5 and 13 but with like pick 21 coming back.
Agree it's two top 10s as a starting point

Remove this Banner Ad

Back