Player Watch #13 Clayton Oliver – UNPRECEDENTED 4 x B&F, 3 x AA, 2 x AFLCA Winner and Premiership Player (formerly)

Remove this Banner Ad

OK, I've removed about three pages of posts.

Please do not use this thread to speculate about Oliver's private life – medical or otherwise.

Regardless of the veracity of your rumour, or what you know/have heard, if it's not public knowledge, just don't post it.

I don't want to turn this place into Demonland, but if you can't see the potential harm that this sort of rumour-spreading can cause (regardless of your intentions), then perhaps it's best if you take a bit of a break.

Thanks.

So just caught up on the last 10 pages, Oh boy!

Now check out this shirt front.

This could well be the case here. It's also the timing of it all. If this was in season, then they'd have no choice but to front up.

It does sound like players and staff are gathering at some point. Not sure if it's a review, or a pow wow or what, but it does sound like when everyone is back Pert will have his say. What that is exactly we don't know. But I'm guessing it won't go anywhere near far enough.
I have noticed you have referenced staff are on leave same as the players.

Pert and Roffey and the rest of the staff are still working business as usual. I mean, we still have the AFLW on which they're actively engaging with. So I can't see why they couldn't come out now and address some of the ongoing concerns that are lingering. Silence is deafening.

It's the players and coaching staff that are having the time off as we speak.

I have noticed you have referenced staff are on leave same as the players.

Pert and Roffey and the rest of the staff are still working business as usual. I mean, we still have the AFLW on which they're actively engaging with. So I can't see why they couldn't come out now and address some of the ongoing concerns that are lingering. Silence is deafening.

It's the players and coaching staff that are having the time off as we speak.
When i say staff, i mean the coaching staff. They'll be still away as well. I doubt anything can be said or done until the people involved in all this mess is back and answering questions. I think we are just an arrogant club right now, so coming out and admitting problems wouldn't really fly with that quality.

Was listening to Peter Jackson's interview after the GF on the Deebrief today. He said about solving Melbourne's issues back when he took over:

"To identify the challenge is straightforward, fixing it was straightforward, we just gotta earn respect. One way to earn respect is stop the spin, stop the storytelling that everything's going to be right this year or next week or whatever the case may be. Just front up."

I bloody miss that guy. Miss his honesty.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Simple country boy with some mental health issues no doubt.

Probably best not to cast aspersions seeing as we don’t know his family history or any other underlying factors which may have adversely affected him.
Having worked with Oliver through the Murray Bushrangers when he was coming through there system and knowing his family well, I can absolutely say that's its got absolutely nothing to do with what you've stated.

Having worked with Oliver through the Murray Bushrangers when he was coming through there system and knowing his family well, I can absolutely say that's its got absolutely nothing to do with what you've stated.

That’s interesting because I’ve heard different. Can’t divulge source.

Have his issues been ongoing for years as mentioned in today's interview?

Do you think Clarry will make a recovery from all this?

Until I die, I will love Clayton Oliver and his Fist of God goal.

I much rather that he be afflicted with the Attention deficit disorder stuff - rather than the temptation that pre-dated his arrival.

latest

Oliver having ADHD makes a lot of sense but is also a very very convenient excuse.

If that's all his issues were about it would have been publicly stated weeks ago.

Oliver having ADHD makes a lot of sense but is also a very very convenient excuse.

If that's all his issues were about it would have been publicly stated weeks ago.
Yeah we also wouldn't try and trade him to Adelaide or atleast threaten too based off having ADHD lol.

Player Watch #13 Clayton Oliver – UNPRECEDENTED 4 x B&F, 3 x AA, 2 x AFLCA Winner and Premiership Player (formerly)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back