AFL Player #13: Nik Cox - Subbed out vs GCS

Remove this Banner Ad

Just a deadset cat with not one bit of competitive instinct. Wouldn’t surprise me if he retired, looks like he has no interest whatsoever in football

dunno if its from his injuries or confidence, but he just doesn't compete, and when he gets it in space, just butchers it.

hope i am wrong, but i reckon he will fade into delisting.

Just isnt up to it which is sad.

All 3 of those top 10 draft picks from 2020 have been a real kick in the dick.

Cox doesn't look like an AFL footballer, Reid has the body of a 55 year old bricklayer, and Perkins has regressed into a VFL footballer at best.

Just a deadset cat with not one bit of competitive instinct. Wouldn’t surprise me if he retired, looks like he has no interest whatsoever in football
I said the same thing to my wife.
I hope he is okay but he simply cannot play afl football.
He is non competitive and fraught with mental fragility.
His only strength is being a decent runner for his height.

To be clear, I'm not saying he faked an injury, but in the moment I got the feeling that he quit mentally.

He looked like a guy who was simply done with playing football, at least for that night.
I honestly thought the same, watched the replay of the collision and he didn’t seem to cop any head contact at all.

He saw an “out” and he took it

Can not be played as a KPD . Has no confidence in his body and lacks the competitive edge .

That marking 'contest' where he put a forearm out to try and compete with King rather than make body contact was damning.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He's somehow lost weight since joining the club yet we think he'll make it as a KPD? Delusional from the coaching group.
Is that true? Bloody hell.

I just don’t see it. Lack of competitiveness, dunno if he’s soft or if he’s just so physically weak that it’s comes off as softness.

The club thought they were so smart picking Perkins and Reid then took the big swing on a stick figure

Not really sure we had anyone except Cox to match up ok with Mac Andrews athleticism and length with Ridley out tonight. Was a good move by them.
He 100% should be able to compete with Mac Andrew. He’s a great match up on paper.

Another who needs to decide if he wants to pay the price to become a real AFL footballer.

No idea why the coaches keep playing him in defence. The opposition straight away drag him deep and he can’t handle it

He just isn’t anywhere near competitive enough

The 2020 draft is shaping up to be one of the biggest disasters of all time

Reid- can’t get on the park at all
Perkins- has talent but nowhere near enough drive and effort to provide any sort of defensive effort
Cox- way too skinny, uncompetitive, meh skills

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL Player #13: Nik Cox - Subbed out vs GCS

Remove this Banner Ad

Back