Autopsy 15 point loss to Carlton

Remove this Banner Ad

This is 90% crap. He's been one of the best bang for buck midfielders who can hit the scoreboard over the last ten years. Dragged us over the line countless times, last night was leading the fightback. Never shirked a contest. One guy can only do so much. Yes our midfield gets hammered regularly against the best, but we were always handicapped with Sinclair.

To each their own I guess.

Wonderful leader, not player. He is up there with the worst composure and decision making in the league. Undoes everything he offers in ticker and leadership. This would not be so bad if as you say he was just a bit player. But we have essentially structured the entire midfield around him and whoever he's in there with. And we've paid for it every time we've come up against an elite midfield and he's been exposed as not good enough. He's just not the answer.
When you look at some of the other clubs and who they build their midfield around (Neale, Bont, Oliver and Petracca, Cripps and Walsh) he's below these guys in talent. In my opinion, makes up with it by his sheer determination, grunt and durability.

To describe him as having the "worst composure and decision making in the league" and being "exposed as not good enough" is hyperbole and over the top.

But as you said each to their own I guess.

Amartey will not be selected. So forget that.

Hickey still isn't properly fit.
Won't ruck a game as a 80% ruckman.

If you have watched closely you will see that he makes good decisions with the ball and has high efficiency. His tackling and pressure are elite and as is his endurance and the ground he covers. He gets in good positions without the ball and would have more disposals if he was in the senior side due to this.
I don’t see it

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The rule is you need to dispose of it correctly once tackled...he wasn't tackled it was slapped out...but I agree with you some howlers for both teams last night
That is precious

Hicky and probably an off game but looked slow and old at times
If he's not 100% fit, he needs to be given the full opportunity to recover completely. Hickey is way too important for our team at the pointy end of the season, assuming we are still in finals contention.

Joey and bell out, rowy and Campbell in.
Sensible changes. As I previously said, if Hickey not 100%, then rest and bring in Amartey - he's been immense at VFL level.

Speaking of Amartey, I think he would've been a better match on de Konig last night. Ladhams and Hickey struggled with his athleticism.

I don’t think the 2 rucks works , liability’s at times in the front half

I think it would've looked a lot better if Ladhams showed an ounce of ability to play as a forward. Structurally it didn't feel like there was anything wrong but Ladhams' inability to even halve contests, bring it to ground, clunk a mark, anything, just made it look awful. Our smalls' inability to crumb effectively just added insult to injury also.

I don't know what Ladhams is like as a forward as I just haven't seen enough of him to know, so won't pass judgment, but last night his forward craft was truly awful and he failed to do the bare minimums that even a McLean could do, or show the athleticism that Amartey would.

I will say though that Ladhams' tackling efforts were elite, and it seemed like he knew he was stinking it up in every other aspect and was desperately trying to make amends with his defensive efforts.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy 15 point loss to Carlton

Remove this Banner Ad

Back