1st Ashes Test England v Australia June 16-20 1930hrs @ Edgbaston

Who will win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

I'd prefer to outscore them after they get a big 1st innings total, then see them put their money where their multiple motor mouths are when it comes to a 3rd innings declaration only to see (per Denis Cometti) AND THEY'VE DONE IT AGAIN!
I'd like to see Australia bat for 5 days at 1 an over

Imagine if Anderson retires because hes a flat track bully no swing no Anderson
To be fair he’s 40. If they are going to serve up dead pitches why would he keep going? It’s was barely his game to bowl on lifeless pitches in his prime, it’s certainly not now.

My favourite part of this article was when Baz said "we played all the cricket." Because THAT right there destroys the whole bazball argument.

If you were beaten by a better side, then OK, bazball didn't fire today, but if you were defeated by a completely passive opponent, it's YOUR FAULT. It's bazball's fault.

Fact is that is just copium on the part of the Kiwi brit-saboteur. Because Australia played less cricket than England... true... but that is because we did less fielding.
What exactly does it mean to say 'we played all the cricket'? Baz is screwing with his own head if this is the attitude. That's never a good place to be.

Robinson is a giant dickhead but the guy can bowl

Ended up with decent stats on a flat track, he will be a worry on a track with some assistance
He's a good bowler. They have a pretty good attack but they need to be using Anderson. He's the most skilled of them and why pick him if they are going to nullify him?

Hey Crawley, since 2001 Oz has won 4 Tests, England 2, with one drawn (2019) at Lord's.
England by 150 runs?
dreaming-the-castle.gif

Robinson is a giant dickhead but the guy can bowl

Ended up with decent stats on a flat track, he will be a worry on a track with some assistance

yep some of the stuff people have been saying about him has been pretty odd, bloke seems like a racist and an arrogant halfwit but he is clearly a quality test bowler.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Finally a Pom with some perspective. And Boycott would certainly know a thing or 2 about not getting carried away with scoring fast!

Boycott was very good opener batsman. He didn't want to get out. Sometimes slow but would hit 4 or 6 off bad balls. Like Khawaja, Steve Waugh or Rahul Dravid. If no. 1, 2 or 3 can see off new ball and score 50 or 100 it starts good for the team. Or 200 and you can win the game.

Imagine having a face like that, being one of the worst test cricketers in the world and still talking shit...

The confidence is unmatched. Baz must be leading a ****ing cult

Honestly, this guy is just making himself look like a proper idiot, this guy does realise we can knock his head off with the ball right. Stupid fool comes to mind
This is the most embarrassing quote i have seen in a long time... Losing a test match and trying to convince yourselves it feels like a win is a joke.

Reminds me of my first year of high school footy, we lost every single game of the year and almost all of them by over 150 points. Last game of the year we lost by about 10 goals... Coach made us sing the song in front of the grand stand because of the effort we showed that day... Hated it, embarrassed by it, but similar energy.

You only have to read Ross Taylor's book to see what sort of character McCullum is. I guess it's all part of Bazzball, it's a mindset, where what ever happens good or bad, it's about thinking positive and believing you can't do or haven't done wrong. Talk about living in a bubble.

What I found interesting though, despite all the Bazball mantra of entertainment focused over results focused. With the game on the line, Stokes blinked and went all defensive with boundary riders. Either Stokes didn't have full faith in the Bazzball way....or he really thought test matches which are drawn, are won on a boundary count back.Can't blame him for thinking the latter, especially after that ODI WC win a few years back.

Beauty for Aust, is the McCullum fuelled ego of Bazball, will only see Eng double down on Bazzball twice as hard at Lord's. Which means even more reckless shot selection from Eng, and Aust will be better prepared for it, in terms of where and how to bowl, plus field placings.

Last edited:
To be fair he’s 40. If they are going to serve up dead pitches why would he keep going? It’s was barely his game to bowl on lifeless pitches in his prime, it’s certainly not now.
Its in Australias best interest they pick him.
He is BBQ'd . Lost his zip off the deck now

Will be ok on a green seamer but its not giving him or England an advantage over anyone else .

Murali's record is often criticized for being gained on spin friendly Sri Lankan wickets. Given Anderson wants to quit after a non seam friendly first test, maybe the years of him being the beneficiary of being served up seam friendly wickets should be questioned too?

What do you mean?

Oh…. 1687562273472.png

What exactly does it mean to say 'we played all the cricket'? Baz is screwing with his own head if this is the attitude. That's never a good place to be.
I also don't understand "we put the Aussies on the back foot". Ummm we won the Test - England now has to win at least two of the last four, and stop Australia winning another one. Otherwise, we keep the urn. If anyone is on the back foot, it's the home team.

Honestly, this guy is just making himself look like a proper idiot, this guy does realise we can knock his head off with the ball right. Stupid fool comes to mind
On the back of this Ive contacted all the lads who played in our losing GF 20 years ago .
I mean it felt like we won despite the fact we lost , plus we entertained the 200 people who were there over the 3 days more than our opponants .

Happy beers here we come !! 😁

Remove this Banner Ad

1st Ashes Test England v Australia June 16-20 1930hrs @ Edgbaston

Back