1st Ashes Test England v Australia June 16-20 1930hrs @ Edgbaston

Who will win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Reminds me of my misfortune arriving in Scotland and driving in the dark, ice and rain only to see some lunatic walking his dog. It was only after two weeks there that I realised you either walk you dog in the dark, ice and rain or you literally never walk your dog.

Me and a mate went on a road trip up to Scotland in the middle of summer and it was still cold, gloomy and wet for most of the time we were there.

Maybe 3 hours of play will be available in a late session. But that would mean AUS would just be surviving and have no chance of winning.
That could be a naughty session for them .
Going to be a lot more than 3 hours available as far I can tell. More likely to be two full sessions or very close to it

So it's not a myth then?
Sydney and Melbourne both have an average of approximately 100 days of rain per year, but the average rainfall in Sydney per year is double the volume in Melbourne! So, when it rains in Sydney, it tends to be torrential!

You're starting to look like a fool now. The radar has zero rain above Edgbaston from 12:30pm onwards. Another post and I will be forced to add a screenshot.

Will still need a good hour to clear the ground even if it stops at 12:30

Me and a mate went on a road trip up to Scotland in the middle of Summer and it was still cold, gloomy and wet for most of the time we were there.
Scotland has crazy levels of rain and cloud compared to even England, especially up North. It'll have its nice period but you may have 3 weeks plonked in the middle of July where you have driving rain every day.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Agreed. Its just the idea of a few more hours of rain which is silly. I'd say 1:30 or 2pm until 7 seems a solid expectation for play. With a tea sized break and 2-3 drinks sessions. That's 50-60 overs.

I’m going off 50 overs max bare in mind it’s last hour rules though

No, I’ll give it a try. When they put the satellite in we stopped being able to get the FTA HD channels. So we can still get the SD versions of 2, 7, 9, 10 etc, but not the HD versions or HD only channels like GEM (if GEM is HD only, I just assumed it was because we weren’t getting it any more).

They said we had to get a new antenna put in or whatever to get those HD channels again.
Okay, I get both SD & HD FTA channels, IQ4. That's about all the advice I could offer, Im not exactly tech savvy sadly, hope you get it sorted though.

Scotland has crazy levels of rain and cloud compared to even England, especially up North. It'll have its nice period but you may have 3 weeks plonked in the middle of July where you have driving rain every day.

Scotland has amazing scenery up in the Highlands. much better scenery than England but weather wise it makes England look like Spain.in comparison.

Remove this Banner Ad

1st Ashes Test England v Australia June 16-20 1930hrs @ Edgbaston

Back