Preview 1st Semi Final - Carlton v West Coast Sat 17th Sep at Patersons Stadium - Team/post #551

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: 1st Semi Final - Carlton v West Coast Sat 17th Sep at Patersons Stadium

Vital that Setanta plays - provides structure and grunt to F50. All credit to Thornton for his game Sun...but lets be real - he would struggle to be the MAIN man up there. Setanta hits packs hard and brings the ball to ground providing crumbs. Hammer to come in gives another tall target, ruck support and potentially releases Thornton/Setanta to defend if necessary.
Did hear at 1/2 time Sun someone who said they had just spoken to MK's dad who said he wouldn't get up. Fact or fiction I'm not sure.

If Kruezer doesnt get up, its vital that Hampson plays.

Warnock + Ohailpin in the ruck vs Cox and Naitinui?

Even injured, they'd own us, and with it they would take away our midfield strength.

0-2, wasn't it?

Erm, the claim was that WCE could put Carlton under physical pressure. The refute was that Carlton dealt with pressure from teams better than WCE at applying it. Pointing to a 2 point loss in a game the Blues should have won doesn't make much sense in that sequence. This is the Blues board, if you don't want to contribute, move along.

We've acquitted ourselves more than well enough against the likes of Geelong and Hawthorn this season. We certainly won't be shocked into submission by your tough guys.
I don't think the Blues will be shocked into submission but WC are a hard hitting team. Matched it with Collingwood in terms of pressure and intensity.

TheGeneral, Schofield has always had a bit of mongrel just never the strength to play as a full time KPD.

Has changed though and he has acquitted himself very well as a KPD this year. Is quite physical, especially when coming over the top as an extra man in a marking contest. His best attribute is still his run and carry out of defence though.

Re: Carlton vs. West Coast: NEXT WEEK

It's going to take a huge effort to beat them over at Subi, but at least we will have more room to work in compared to the game at Etihad.

having a 4-0 interstate tavel is better then a 0-4 + coming off a big win will give the boys Confidence if it was a H&A going in on a loss then yeah
lets make it 5-0 :)

What's with all these eagles flogs?

Hawthorn were premiers in 2008 and in the H&A season they lost all of their games to other top 4 sides. I'm not suggesting we're going to be close to premiers but why do you all seem to think you just have to show up and you will win?

surely joseph or armfield will be out sub with the other will go to kerr yea

Blues by 6 goals..!!!

WE HAD 44 SCORING SHOTS YESTERDAY.... 44...!!!!

Those scoring shots came from only 62 inside 50's... normally 62 inside 50's would result in approx 20-25 scoring shots based on approx 1 scoring shot per 2.5 inside 50's...

Our forward line were putting so much pressure on that for one they couldnt get it out, and two, we ended up scoring....

Also, the highest score against us has been 102 (twice), so I cant see eagles all of a sudden kicking a massive score against us, especially when our backline is looking the best it has all year with hendo, jamo (finally back), laids, digs, and yaz doing the bolting...

I cant see that intensity dropping and I know that eagles backline is better, but if we apply the same pressure, and for once, just ****ing kick straight and take our chances, we will win this match... and possibly by plenty as we do like pattersons..

Footy is a simple game.... kick more goals than the other team... not points...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1968_VFL_Grand_Final#Scorecard

Sorry to be a smart arse :D

As for winning by plenty, I'm not sure about that everything would have to go right for that to happen but I do think we can beat them on that ground. Plus they'll be under more presure than us to because they're the favourites and they could be going out in straight sets.

And I do agree that we need to kick straight for once, in fact I'd say we're due for an accurate game.

Blues by 13 points!

Blues by 6 goals..!!!

Those scoring shots came from only 62 inside 50's... normally 62 inside 50's would result in approx 20-25 scoring shots based on approx 1 scoring shot per 2.5 inside 50's...

Our forward line were putting so much pressure on that for one they couldnt get it out, and two, we ended up scoring....

Also, the highest score against us has been 102 (twice), so I cant see eagles all of a sudden kicking a massive score against us, especially when our backline is looking the best it has all year with hendo, jamo (finally back), laids, digs, and yaz doing the bolting...

I cant see that intensity dropping and I know that eagles backline is better, but if we apply the same pressure, and for once, just ****ing kick straight and take our chances, we will win this match... and possibly by plenty as we do like pattersons..

This exactly :thumbsu: Great post!

71% of the time we entered the forward 50, we registered a score. Unbelievable feat really. We need to replicate that forward pressure again this, week though.

Also, early weather forecast for the game is 22 degrees with a shower or two increasing later.

Would be fair to say that rain would really suit us? Especially considering they have many tall players such as Cox*, Naitanui, Darling, Kennedy, Lynch, etc. I know a few of those are quite athletic for their height, however with a slippery ball, their advantage in the marking contest would go out the window.

Also, early weather forecast for the game is 22 degrees with a shower or two increasing later.

Would be fair to say that rain would really suit us? Especially considering they have many tall players such as Cox*, Naitanui, Darling, Kennedy, Lynch, etc. I know a few of those are quite athletic for their height, however with a slippery ball, their advantage in the marking contest would go out the window.

I've given up on weather forecasts especially this early out. Was supposed to piss down on Sunday...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Blues by 6 goals..!!!

To be fair, Essendon's defensive set-up was pretty shocking. I especially loved the Walker mark unopposed in the middle of four Bomber defenders 10 metres out from goal.

And we kicked 103 points against you in round 14. We also haven't conceded a score over 100 since round 10, so our defence is going really well at the moment.

To be fair, Essendon's defensive set-up was pretty shocking. I especially loved the Walker mark unopposed in the middle of four Bomber defenders 10 metres out from goal.

And we kicked 103 points against you in round 14. We also haven't conceded a score over 100 since round 10, so our defence is going really well at the moment.
I really wouldn't look at Round 14 as any indication of how this game will go, to be honest. We're a much better team than that performance.

I'm not sure we'll win, but I think we'll give it a red-hot crack. The fire is finally in the belly.

I hope My Footy record doesn't get wet.:)

Coming off a six day break means I would be dumbfounded if they took out a runner from our 21 to bring in Hammer. MC won't do it surely.

In round 14 we had Robbo, Duigan, Curnow who was in great form, and maybe Carrots out. Lost Jammo early.

As a result WCE smsahed us at stoppages and were too tall.

Jammo and Henderson will play, Ellard, Carrots, Duigan will play as well.

WCE should go in favourites, But if they think the stoppages will go he same way again they are mistaken. If Cox is out, and its not going to be 30deg I'd give our boys a real chance.

With any luck the team has got the same mindset as their supporters. If we beat the Blues in Melbourne then this week is a given.

Pointing to round 14 is as relevant as me pointing to our recent record against WCE on this ground.;)

Just to be clear regarding our game against West Coast, we had the following players out of the team.

Laidler, Duigan, Robinson and Jamison for three quarters of that match and Henderson was a non event, coming back from injury.
There's pretty much our back-line just there alone and a large chunk of our sides grunt.

Just for the record.

Injury thread.
Molly1 is good for inside info

Let's hope that inside info is off this time we'll need him.

I'm a bit suprised though, I saw it at the game as soon as he was holding his shoulder I knew something wasn't right, but then I saw him moving it around ok so I would've thought it wasn't too serious.

whats the story with west coast and injury's

will Cox and nic nat line up???

also heard Kennedy may be in doubt ???

and confirmation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back