Player Watch #20: Nick 'Souva' Larkey - 23AA/24 NM VC

Remove this Banner Ad

(Non-North supporting) Mate messaged me today saying he saw Larkey doing a promotion with Sleevo and Cerra at a local shopping center. (Also posts on here, hey mate)

Got a photo with him and was very complimentary of just how good Nick was to him. Said he's used to footy players taking a photo and then being all "thank you, next"

Apparently Nick went out of his way to ask him his name, what he did, how he was doing etc, had a chat about how he's prepping for the season and other footy related stuff also.

Seems that Nick is kicking goals on and off field, we've got a good one.

I don’t think anybody here is ready for the captaincy more than this bloke. It should’ve been him in hindsight, McDonald should never even sniffed it and Simpkin’s a good enough equal, but I’d put him as vice captain if I were to pick between the two at the moment.

Larks just has every dimension of what a captain should be on and off field down pretty well, and clearly can be a vocal leader when he needs to.

I don’t think anybody here is ready for the captaincy more than this bloke. It should’ve been him in hindsight, McDonald should never even sniffed it and Simpkin’s a good enough equal, but I’d put him as vice captain if I were to pick between the two at the moment.

Larks just has every dimension of what a captain should be on and off field down pretty well, and clearly can be a vocal leader when he needs to.
3 years ago, we weren’t sure who would be the next captain after JZ. Now we have a few stand out candidates. Simpkin, LDU, and Larkey being the main ones. LDU and Larkey along with CZ, all have match winning ability you like your captain to have.
Sheez and Bails have also become our most obvious VC candidates with there consistency.
We look in a much better place than 3 years ago

Larkey is still the captain choice for me.

It just makes sense. He's a gun, likes to be vocal on field, speaks well, ripper bloke and he plays at full forward which means he can see the whole ground in front of him and direct.

He ticks all the boxes.
But also, his standard of onfield performance has been elite in most recent games.

Has the COVID, has gone down a notch in my book.
Never had it, not sure how people catch it.

been on the weed have you?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well must be right then because he would know based on his experience as the 645th best forward in the AFL, back when he played.

LOLOLOLOL was it so long ago even you don't remember?

Only the 14th best forward in the league according to Dwayne Russell.
hardly surprising, the rubbish that comes out of he and Healy's mouth, no disrespect to head injury sufferers but I suspect both of them have had a few knocks to the head too many.

Dwayne obviously had some sort of cardiac episode as he wrote down 10-12 but managed to swiftly recover thereafter.

Walker is the biggest snub of the lot. Should be top 5

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #20: Nick 'Souva' Larkey - 23AA/24 NM VC

Remove this Banner Ad

Back