Player Watch #20: Nick 'Souva' Larkey - 23AA/24 NM VC

Remove this Banner Ad

You guys are Muppets... We are a genuinely bad team and he is equal 6th in the league for goals.. in a team that struggles tooth and nail to score. Find anyone else to dump usesvthe won
Part of that is because we target him even when he's blanketed by two key defenders and a family of four. Of course, that raises the question of what the **** the rest of the forward line is doing. My educated guess involves lazy campaignerery

Yeh the pass by Stephens was shit and ended up in Nick having to put himself in a dangerous position and he copped knee on knee bruising.
Big chance to miss and I applaud him for coming out after quarter time and helping with rotations.

Put him on ice for this week.

Didn't realise the severity of the injury. Watching from the stands it didn't look great but thought it was just a corky.

Brave to play on. Let's get him right for 2025. No point playing him this week.

Part of that is because we target him even when he's blanketed by two key defenders and a family of four. Of course, that raises the question of what the **** the rest of the forward line is doing. My educated guess involves lazy campaignerery
said the same thing to a fellow north supporter at work. it’s a bit of both, he doesn’t work hard enough to lead and outwork his opponents but also doesn’t get support from our other forwards and most of the time he does lead he’ll have other forwards leading to the same contest bringing along their defenders and getting in his way.

then he’ll have his days where he’s just constantly whinging to the umpires and playing with his hair. sometimes he genuinely does deserve free kicks and gets umpired harsher then other forwards in the league and other times he’s a victim of playing for free kicks. when i see that he’s in the mood for arguing with umpires while the balls still in play, i know it’s just gonna be a long day watching him play.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Didn't realise the severity of the injury. Watching from the stands it didn't look great but thought it was just a corky.

Brave to play on. Let's get him right for 2025. No point playing him this week.
as he was going to the bench his knee did this small buckle thing when he put weight through it. Like it had to work hard to be stable.

I didn't think he would come back on, was something to tough it out through IMO.

The funny bit is after the game on here he's been called weak.

Bloke put his body through the ringer to the point he couldn't walk the next day so that we could maintain rotations. Calling him weak is bullshit.

Wet game this week too. Write it off.

yep.

Got a knock to the knee. Didn't look pretty but if he's sore and can't run at full tilt don't risk any more damage.

Wet game this week too. Write it off.
Yep. Good opportunity for a couple of other players to show their wares in a team where he dominates the forward line.

Did notice in that comment about what Clarko brings the answer was "the people that come with Clarko". That's not the greatest endorsement I've heard.
Come off it. He specifically singled out Clarko for bringing stability to the club, he then expanded on it and said that it includes the people he brings and how they're not constantly chopping and changing.

Come off it. He specifically singled out Clarko for bringing stability to the club, he then expanded on it and said that it includes the people he brings and how they're not constantly chopping and changing.
None of those things have as much to do with what Clarkson does on a day-to-day compared with what giving a legendary coach a five year tenure does for a club that had previously signed up donkeys like Rhyce Shaw and David Noble.

None of those things have as much to do with what Clarkson does on a day-to-day compared with what giving a legendary coach a five year tenure does for a club that had previously signed up donkeys like Rhyce Shaw and David Noble.
I think the point he is making is that stability is more important than anything else right now given how much uncertainty we've had.

IE "Sure Clarko is great but what alot of you media types don't get is what a shitshow its been and the just the certainty and stability he brings, in itself, makes things so much better than it was before."

The younger players don't bring this up. They talk about Clarko's knowledge of the game, people skills and team building ability because they haven't spent every season since 2019 with a different coach or football system.

2019 - Bard -> Shaw.
2020 - Shaw at hub then gone.
2021 - Noble with Roos.
2022 - Noble without Roos -> Patch (Clarko coming).
2023 - Clarko -> Ratts -> Clarko.
2024 - Just Clarko.
ideally..
2025 - Just Clarko.

That will be the first time since 2017-18 that we the same coach without turmoil for two seasons. Ie since Bard sacked Boomer and co.

Basically since Larkey joined the footy club.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #20: Nick 'Souva' Larkey - 23AA/24 NM VC

Remove this Banner Ad

Back