2009 Player Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yeah Richo is an interesting one. I was going to steer clear of him due to his age and his potential for injuries... but he was dominant tonight and we saw last year he can pull in some big scores.

At a pretty good price too, but I'll probably leave him out for the time being.

His game last night was awesome, 157. I'm still on the fence with Richo though, the possibility of an absolute disaster of a match is always in the back of my mind.

Richo is worth the gamble, can score big.... not as much pressure on him this year either....

Matthew Kreuzer ? any thoughts on this year?????

Stevey J?

Anyone think he can get his avg up into the 90's?

or will he be the same this year a few massive games and the rest around 70 - 90 mark?

Has been a bit of hype around his pre season

Stevey J?

Anyone think he can get his avg up into the 90's?

or will he be the same this year a few massive games and the rest around 70 - 90 mark?

Has been a bit of hype around his pre season
he said he wasnt allowed to play the intra club much because he was training to hard. maybe its a sign.
but he was fairly consistant in 07, 08 he was up and down. its a toss up which way you think he will go.

maguire?

he said he wasnt allowed to play the intra club much because he was training to hard. maybe its a sign.
but he was fairly consistant in 07, 08 he was up and down. its a toss up which way you think he will go.

maguire?

Not sure of his price but i would have thought he would be pretty cheep.
He should make you some cash, but if your thinking of having him in your side for a few weeks id look else where.
Aside from the obvious injury risk, last year when he came back he was very rusty and took some time for him to get with the pace of the game i expect that to be the same this year.
His disposal isn't great either.

I think their would be better value else where.

maguire?

injury prone and plays a lock down role meaning he's never going to score that big anyways.

I reckon Hurley or S.Hill have way more updise as cash cows around the same price. Bit more of a risk of these two not playing but a risk I'm willing to take.

Id stay away from Maguire too

What are peoples thoughts about Courtney Dempsey from essendon ? Cheap-ish, can score a 100 and should go up in value ?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Id stay away from Maguire too

What are peoples thoughts about Courtney Dempsey from essendon ? Cheap-ish, can score a 100 and should go up in value ?

I like him a lot, my memory of him before breaking down was also pretty good, and Friday night reiterated those thoughts. If he can stay injury free could be a great pick up. One of the ones I'm watching the closest, if his form continues through NAB cup he will definitely be in my team

I like him a lot, my memory of him before breaking down was also pretty good, and Friday night reiterated those thoughts. If he can stay injury free could be a great pick up. One of the ones I'm watching the closest, if his form continues through NAB cup he will definitely be in my team

As Monty says, more twang than a Lee whatshisface album.

That said- if he can get through 8 games, he'll be an excellent pick up.

More so in DT though I reckon, he's an extra 100k in SC.

Vezpremi looking a lot more likely to play 15+ games with Fosdike, Kennelly retiring and now Barry out on LTI.

Anyone else agree?

Travis will rpobably stay at that mid-price area (under 500K). He just doesn't seem to be able to get over the 100 mark if he can't get 10 marks or 4 goals. Will stay away from him. Alright now what does everyone think of Callan Ward. He missed a lot of last year because of Year 12 but this year he is fully focused. He is dirt cheap and could find himself in the Bulldogs 22. Thoughts?

Yeah Ward im a fan of. Think he could be good for a profit and skills seem sound and is rated highly at Bulldogs. In light of his new position, thoughts on Sam Gilbert?

Yeah Ward im a fan of. Think he could be good for a profit and skills seem sound and is rated highly at Bulldogs. In light of his new position, thoughts on Sam Gilbert?

I wouldnt be too keen on him regardless, could be worth the risk though.

What are peoples thoughts on andrew embley down back is anyone as keen as i am?

I wouldnt be too keen on him regardless, could be worth the risk though.

What are peoples thoughts on andrew embley down back is anyone as keen as i am?
think that he needs a good side to be at his best..i know that he scored reasonably well last year but the eagles took like being ordinary this year and at his price id be looking att other.
patty rider?

think that he needs a good side to be at his best..i know that he scored reasonably well last year but the eagles took like being ordinary this year and at his price id be looking att other.
patty rider?

Ryder is an interesting 1 averaged 63 last year and was mainly given stopping roles in defence. If knights decides to free him up and let him run around a bit he might be a good option but personally im staying away.

Cale Morton?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back