2009 Player Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wouldnt be too keen on him regardless, could be worth the risk though.

What are peoples thoughts on andrew embley down back is anyone as keen as i am?

at embley's price there's much better options IMHO

What do people think about Chapman? Is he too risky with his injury problems from last year?

EDIT: also what do people think about Pavlich? Apparantly he's going to be spending a lot more time in the midfield. Will that be good or bad for his already awesome and consistent scores? Is Buddy at 20k less a better option? If he's learnt to kick straight his scores may be through the roof

Travis will rpobably stay at that mid-price area (under 500K). He just doesn't seem to be able to get over the 100 mark if he can't get 10 marks or 4 goals. Will stay away from him. Alright now what does everyone think of Callan Ward. He missed a lot of last year because of Year 12 but this year he is fully focused. He is dirt cheap and could find himself in the Bulldogs 22. Thoughts?

Yeah Ward im a fan of. Think he could be good for a profit and skills seem sound and is rated highly at Bulldogs. In light of his new position, thoughts on Sam Gilbert?

Heard Rocket on radio this morning talking about Callan saying that he will most likley have a perminant spot in our best 22 this year (pending form) and that he will continue to play roles in the midfield...

Definately one to consider...

at embley's price there's much better options IMHO

What do people think about Chapman? Is he too risky with his injury problems from last year?

EDIT: also what do people think about Pavlich? Apparantly he's going to be spending a lot more time in the midfield. Will that be good or bad for his already awesome and consistent scores? Is Buddy at 20k less a better option? If he's learnt to kick straight his scores may be through the roof

Get on him regardless. Pavlich is one of those players who can play anywhere and get a very good score. Easily one of the most consistent supercoach scorers.

What does everythink of steve johnson? Would Robert Murphey be a better option?

Lucas + Veszpremi
or
Porp/Fev + Yarran

and also Kornes or Gibbs?

answer a question then ask a question next time.

It depends, are you feeling lucky? Porplyzia is a smoky and can go either way, because of his shoulder. But if he recovers from it and pulls up well, he should get averages of at least 90. However Fev can kick goals (obviously) and can get big scores if he gets his act together.

And i'd go for Kornes, last year was a bad year but he should score very well.

Lucas + Vesper

I've got a dilemma I can either select Adcock or Fisher:

If I start Fisher than I basically say goodbye to Adcock but have a guaranteed lock for the whole season who probably isn't going to lose much value for the whole season. The drawback is I have to start a rookie in the forward which mind you isn't exactly a bad thing considering the depth and have to say goodbye to the Adcock boat. Save a trade.

On the other hand, if I start Adcock and not Fisher I have a potential lock, but I also have the flexibility of trading him out to an underperforming gun if things go pear shape with him or alternatively I can just straight swap him for someone else who I think will average better for the remained of the season and possibly make a profit. Also if I have Adcock I can have a cheapy 200Kish forward and some solid bench warmers. 1 or no trades, so use 0.5 trades.

The only reason I'm leaning towards Adcock is he has a 9 PPG higher ceiling then Fisher, but in saying that I'm just as wary that he might not even break-even from last season.

Lucas + Vesper

I've got a dilemma I can either select Adcock or Fisher:

If I start Fisher than I basically say goodbye to Adcock but have a guaranteed lock for the whole season who probably isn't going to lose much value for the whole season. The drawback is I have to start a rookie in the forward which mind you isn't exactly a bad thing considering the depth and have to say goodbye to the Adcock boat. Save a trade.

On the other hand, if I start Adcock and not Fisher I have a potential lock, but I also have the flexibility of trading him out to an underperforming gun if things go pear shape with him or alternatively I can just straight swap him for someone else who I think will average better for the remained of the season and possibly make a profit. Also if I have Adcock I can have a cheapy 200Kish forward and some solid bench warmers. 1 or no trades, so use 0.5 trades.

The only reason I'm leaning towards Adcock is he has a 9 PPG higher ceiling then Fisher, but in saying that I'm just as wary that he might not even break-even from last season.

So really its is:
Fisher and Rookie Fwd or
Adcock and Higgins/Skipworth etc

Adcock worries me. Love Fisher but I think Higgins/Skipworth etc are great 7th Fwds.

I think it comes down to how confident you are with your choice of rookie fwds.

hmmmm

Fisher! :thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not a good fantasy player.

2006 - SC Average - 60.4 - Disposals 14.1
2007 - SC Average - 77.9 - Disposals 15.8
2008 - SC Average - 78.6 - Disposals 15.7

Going into his 4th year where he really needs to step it up and bring his game into a new level. Can see him increasing his disposals to 18-19 a game which should take his SC Average up to 85-90.

Not that bad a choice

2006 - SC Average - 60.4 - Disposals 14.1
2007 - SC Average - 77.9 - Disposals 15.8
2008 - SC Average - 78.6 - Disposals 15.7

Going into his 4th year where he really needs to step it up and bring his game into a new level. Can see him increasing his disposals to 18-19 a game which should take his SC Average up to 85-90.

Not that bad a choice

Go for it then... but he will not avg 85-90

Go for it then... but he will not avg 85-90

Personally i've got enough mid-priced players, so im not going for another and as i said before i havnt got him nor do i plan on getting him. I just find it a bit stupid to label someone as dumb if they've picked him or deciding whether to pick him up or not.

I just find it a bit stupid to label someone as dumb if they've picked him or deciding whether to pick him up or not.

Was only saying it in jest mate.

I just see Thomas as too flashy and not consistent enough for my liking and I doubt he ever will be.

But if someone wants to pick him then good luck to them. :thumbsu:

Personally i've got enough mid-priced players, so im not going for another and as i said before i havnt got him nor do i plan on getting him. I just find it a bit stupid to label someone as dumb if they've picked him or deciding whether to pick him up or not.

Don't get me wrong, I don't think you're dumb and I'm pretty sure nobody else here things you're dumb, it's great to be adventurous afterall if everbodys team were nearly identical SC would be a boring concept.
I see Thomas as a more fancy, burst-like player such as Griffen that, although both are awesome footballers, their game styles simply aren't suited to fantasy football

Don't get me wrong, I don't think you're dumb and I'm pretty sure nobody else here things you're dumb, it's great to be adventurous afterall if everbodys team were nearly identical SC would be a boring concept.
I see Thomas as a more fancy, burst-like player such as Griffen that, although both are awesome footballers, it doesn't seem like their games are suited to fantasy football

Nah thats fair enough, each to thier own i guess.

Carry on

Adcock or Raines? Taking price into account, Raines is a good 130k cheaper and would enable me to get another good player.

Houlihan. I had the same question in my head....but then i looked at Houlihan's price and his consistency compared to them.

Definitely Hoops :thumbsu:

Agree with you here Jono. I think a lot of people will be burnt when Raines isnt playing in Richmond's best 22 (barring injuries). Even if he does, he tries to do too much with the ball and gets himself into trouble more often than not, whether it be a turn over or free kick against.

As for Adcock he looks likely to play midfield again, meaning his 2007 scores wont be around again, where he was predominately playing down back.

I see Thomas as a more fancy, burst-like player such as Griffen that, although both are awesome footballers, their game styles simply aren't suited to fantasy football

Why would he think that you think that he is dumb? The guy you quoted simply suggested that writing off a player for no legitimate reason and then calling the person dumb is not something that a person who is not dumb would do.

Comprehende? ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back