2009 Trade Discussion - Part 5

Remove this Banner Ad

1. Beams --> Ablett
2. Rich --> Bartel

Those 2 upgrades will require 6 trades in themselves... Beams and Rich combined will be 500k... Ablett and Bartel combined will be 900k (at least)... need to finance 400k to get them.
Trust me mate... I know! Trying to work out ways I can do it! Won't be in the next few weeks, so I'm just going to have to let my bench players appreciate. Glad I held onto Robinson... hoping he can hit $250k soon. If I can't afford them, I'll probably be looking at S Thompson or someone like that as an underpriced premium instead of Bartel/Ablett.

B: B.Goddard, C.Cornes, J.Adcock, S.Hill, N.Suban, J.Petrenko, A.Raines (L.Hodge, R.Houlihan)
M: B.Gibbs, D.Swan, J.Corey, M.Murphy, P.Hasleby, H.Hartlett (M.Robinson, D.Beams)
R: D.Cox, A.Sandilands (S.Jacobs, D.Currie)
F: S.Johnson, M.Pavlich, B.Deledio, J.Roughead, S.Higgins, M.Brown, T.Walker (J.Ziebell, T.Hentschel)

15 trades, 72,900 in the bank.
Ranked 9022 (down 313 places)
Last 3 Scores: R8-1799, R7-2003, R6-2113

This Week:
Petrenko>>Broughton
Brown>>Sidebottom

Next Week:
Suban>>Mackie/Fisher

Getting Sidebottom and Broughton in this week as they will be my scoring bench options for the rest of the year (well thats the plan lol).

Everyone seems to be getting on the Grimes train, but is it really worth it?

Does anyone have any other suggestions or ideas for improvement on my side?

Should Houlihan return this week does anyone think i should pass on th Petrenko>>Broughton trade?? Only problem with that is that I cant see too many more back rookies coming through or coming back to be bench scoring options...

Should I do:

Rance --> Broughton
Motlop --> Steve Johnson

Or just:

Rance --> Broughton
Petrenko --> Grimes

My backline and forward line are my weak spots (I am happy with my midfield)

Backline: Goddard, Cornes, Drummond, Taylor, Petrenko, Cheney, Raines, Rance, Quinn :)o).

Forwardline: Didak, Riewoldt, Deledio, Roughead, Motlop, Ziebell, Higgins, Walker, Ballantyne.

If i was you i would be getting rid of petrenko before Rance. Even if Petrenko continues to play (doubtful) his scores are terrible, however i think Rance will be back in a couple and continue to score well and he will be a very good backup or upgrade option later in the year.

If you can afford it i would suggest
Petrenko>>>>>>>>>Grimes
Quinn>>>>>>>>>> Broughton

Looking to work on my backline, as my midfield and forward lines are pretty much set now.

Looking to trade out either Hill (251K) or Hurn (261K). I have 147K in the bank, which leaves me open to anyone except Cornes or Bowden (I already have Goddard and Fisher)

Tossing up between Waite, Gilbee and Lockyer. At the moment I'm probably leaning towards Waite for his consistancy - Lockyer and Gilbee both seem to be able to post big scores, but also capable of horrible weeks.

Thoughts?

Which of these is the best trade?

Krak/Jack Roo for Sidebottam/Nick Roo
Or
Hodge/Jack or Krak for Grimes/Forward b/w 440 and 450 (Pav/Davis... I got Stevie J)
or
Kreuzer/Hodge for Grimes/Cox

Bank is 23100

thx for opinions

What do people think Sidebottoms chances of staying in the Pies team long-term are?

Thinking about doing a Mitch Brown --> Sidebottom which should free up enough cash to allow me to then do Petrenko ---> Lockyer.

Thoughts?

What do people think Sidebottoms chances of staying in the Pies team long-term are?

Also what are sidebottoms chances of keeping his gig compared to any of the other forward-line rookies to come?

Surely he is the best pick despite tight magpies side (bar ballentyne).

Worked out 3 different "double" trades for this week. Just deciding which way to go.

Backs
Goddard, C. Cornes, Gilbee, Enright, Hill, Broughton, Raines (Hodge, Pentrenko)

Centres
Gibbs, J. Selwood, Swan, M. Murphy, Rich, T. Tuck (Robinson,Hartlett)

Forwards
Riewoldt, Pavlich, J. Brown, Franklin, Krakouer, T. Walker, M. Brown (Higgins, Garlett)

Trade 1 (forward line)
Mitch Brown --> Sidebottom
Krakouer ---> Deledio or anyone under 428k

Have the 2 guns in Riewoldt and Pavlich with J. Brown and Franklin not exactly setting the world on fire but should score around the 80 mark most weeks you would think. Higgins to come back as well (looking at keeping him all year) so first 5 forwards are set. If Deledio comes in it would be 6 with Sidebottom the 7th forward.

Trade 2 (Midfield)
Travis Tuck --> to either Cockie or Sidebottom
Rich --> Judd/Dal Santo/Deledio/Cross (bargain price of 348k)

Prepared to play either Robinson, Hartlett, Cockie/Sidebottom on the field as the 6th midfielder until later in the year. With 4 premiums in the midfield already adding a 5th would probably be close to finalising the midfield barring injury.

Trade 3 (backline)
Tuck --> Sidebottom/Cockie
Stephen Hill --> Sam Fisher/Waite/Scotland

Currently playing Broughton, Hill and Raines on the field with Hodge on the bench with the injury. Once Hodge comes back it could be 6 out of 7 on the field are premiums. Also leaves me with another cash cow in sidebottom or cockie.

Not sure which way to go at the moment. I could do trade 1 this week and then wait for trade 2/3 the next week.

Any thoughts?

Which of these is the best trade?

Krak/Jack Roo for Sidebottam/Nick Roo
Or
Hodge/Jack or Krak for Grimes/Forward b/w 440 and 450 (Pav/Davis... I got Stevie J)
or
Kreuzer/Hodge for Grimes/Cox

Bank is 23100

thx for opinions

I think you should go Hodge and J Roo for Grimes and Pav. N Roo is a great pick but he's a little too expensive atm. Im pretty sure he will come down at some stage this year. He always does. In fact most big forwards usually come down at some point.

What do people think of the possibility of picking up D. Cross? He is almost the same price as Hasleby atm and if he can regain his form he belongs at over 400k. Would he be decent pickup, despite that trade being kind of sideways-ish?

I have petrenko but wont be ditching him he isnt worth squat, trades are more valuable then that.

+1 - i really can't see myself trading him out anytime soon, even if he's dropped from the team. at the same time, i am going to carry hodge over the next month so a nasty run of injuries may force my hand...

however, given craig has shown a reluctance to drop him, hopefully persisting with him will pay of taylor walker style :D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think you should go Hodge and J Roo for Grimes and Pav. N Roo is a great pick but he's a little too expensive atm. Im pretty sure he will come down at some stage this year. He always does. In fact most big forwards usually come down at some point.

What do people think of the possibility of picking up D. Cross? He is almost the same price as Hasleby atm and if he can regain his form he belongs at over 400k. Would he be decent pickup, despite that trade being kind of sideways-ish?

With Cooney coming back into some form and taking the main tag it probably helps him, however he just seems to be a handball machine. Would Higgins + an improved Boyd and Griffen be taking some of his glory as well?

I have had a radical thought this afternoon, and it could be crazy but I want to see what people think about some potential trades I was thinking of doing. I am very confident in my forward line, my backline is at least average, but my midfield needs work. In the next 3 weeks I want to bring in Ablett and Bartel for Rich and Hartlett. In order to do this, I obviously need a bucketload of cash. Was looking at doing:

This week:
Out Houlihan In Grimes
Out Didak In Sidebottom (obviously the huge call I'm making, but I just doubt Didak will be premium anymore this year + I suspect he's carrying a few niggles still besides his hammy)

The week after:
Out Hill in Hurley
Out Rich in Ablett/Bartel (depending on BEs at the time)

Week after that:
Out Hartlett in Ablett/Bartel

This is taking a big punt that I think Sidebottom will hold his spot for the year, and I think he will average 70+. I will need him on the field for a while if this is the case, with Walker on the bench. Alternatively to trading Didak I could trade Walker to Sidebottom, but obviously I'd need to use another trade to create a bit more $.

Is this just a ******* idea or is there some merit in it? Any thoughts?

Sidey was named in the best on the weekend, so you would think he will stay in for a while. Dont think Beams will last much longer though, he looks like he needs a spell in the twos.

Thx for the advice,

My only concern is that im hearing all this stuff about grimes being injury prone :S??

Also I think i NEED Cox as soon as possible :(
>>worked out trade for him - krak or Jack/kreuzer for Cox/sidebottom??
good or not? hodgey might pick up when he is back (and u know he will be back :))
This leads me to my other concern with sidebottom, in that will he get enough games this year???

Cross is a fine pick up (helps he is on a winning team as well) - reminds me alot of scotty west lol
>>tbh i would prefer Cross over hasleby simply because that cross has 'better' mids helping him out. Just my opinion :p

I think ill take a punt and bring Grimes in for Suban, just because if he stays fit i reckon he can average 80 odd. Then it's either M.Brown--->Sidebottom or Haselby--->Cross/Bruce. I'm leaning toward the first, because the Haselby ones can wait another week. Opinions?

Thinking of a couple of downgrades this week:

Hill > Broughton
Brown > Sidebottom

Hill over Petrenko because the downside to his price is a lot higher, and I think Sidey needs to be picked in the forwards because of the lack of future downgrade targets there. This leaves me likely to lose a stack of cash on T.Tuck but I plan on upgrading him to Swan who is likely to match or exceed his price fall in anycase.

Does that sound sane enough?

The way I see it...

If you have Hill, Suban, Petrenko etc on the field for you, it seems a pretty good trade to get Grimes who could potentially be a keeper. If he doesn't turn out a keeper, it's no big deal as he's still just replacing an onfield rookie anyway.

I, however, do not have a rookie on the field in my backline... Instead I have 7 keepers, with Hodge and Bock carrying injuries. Unfortunately this means that if I trade Hodge to Grimes, I need Grimes to be a keeper otherwise it is a waste of a trade as I have no doubt Hodge will at least average 80 when he comes back. I have Cheney and Broughton covering these 2 so it could be worse!

What are people with Hodge doing? Keeping him or going to Grimes? I think I'll keep him and try and get $150k from a bench downgrade.

hey guys.

I'm going to go Rance --> Grimes as my 7th back.

What are your thoughts on this trade??

With my other trade...i could go Mitch brown --> Sidebottom..
or trade fev to a premium or gia...or krakeouer to gia or someone else? i'll have 100k after Rance --> Grimes trade.

Help???

Looking at
hill>>> broughton (have suban as other bench)
beams>>>judd/montagna/murphy/mcglynn/cross

would give me a team of
cornes enright newman hargrave fisher drummond raines
bartel selwood boak haselby rich (one of above)
petrie kreuzer
higgins deledio brown pav franklin goodwin ziebell
12 trades left

unsure of which midfielder to get in though. 424,200 in the bank, thoughts?

Going Brown --> Sidebottom as long as he's named which will leave me with 185,100

Is it then worth trading Rich/Tuck to someone like Pendlebury or someone in that price range? Will leave my mids as K.Cornes, Dal Santo, Judd, Selwood, Gun (Pendelbury), Rich/Tuck

If so who would be the one to trade..Rich or Tuck?

Then next week most likely Hill --> Hurley, Petrenko -->Mackie

Cheers

I'm looking at a trade for Grimes like this:-

Suban>>Grimes 1 trade to a possible 7th back keeper. If it doesn't work out it would be a small upgrade with a 2nd trade to a premium.

or

Suban>>Broughton for +115k then Cheney>>Premium. 2 trades anyway to get to a keeper.

I'm still likely to get a LTI in the backline so an upgrade from that injury to a premium is on the cards anyway. Grimes may still end up being a keeper with an 80 av.

Remove this Banner Ad

2009 Trade Discussion - Part 5

Remove this Banner Ad

Back