2009 Trade Discussion- Part 7

Remove this Banner Ad

A really good pick up should be Bob Murphy, after the round, his price will drastically decrease because he got injured midway against Melbourne thus had a price drop and against Port he was playing a softer role because he was returning from injury so he should drop even more. This is my first year DTing so I'm not an absolute genius but I do remember Robert Murphy was something like $391k at the start of the year so he should be very good value when he returns to the forward line which will be after the extended break.

Yup - if he can get match fit.

Was the reason I passed on Didak - is the fact i could target Murphy (or Harvey) in a few weeks

What are people doing with N G Brown? There is very little information about his 'groin' injury, but if he is not selected after the split round then I will be very tempted to trade him.

However this goes against my general policy of not trading out premiums unless absolutely necessary. He has been avging pretty high scores but I just cant handle the secrecy around his injury.... what to do?

What are people doing with N G Brown? There is very little information about his 'groin' injury, but if he is not selected after the split round then I will be very tempted to trade him.

However this goes against my general policy of not trading out premiums unless absolutely necessary. He has been avging pretty high scores but I just cant handle the secrecy around his injury.... what to do?

Gary Lyon announced last night that he's going to be a runner for the legends game. It better not bugger up his groin again. :mad:

Can I see my post in doing this?
TBH I don't remember convincing you to do this at all.
In fact all I remember is someone saying they wanted to trade in Kornes for Pearce but have a feeling Pearce has some big scoring to do in the back end of the season. I really can't remember who but I'm assuming this was you! :confused:
Didn't think so TFS...

Does anyone think they will be getting on Jurrah?

Can trade down a forward reserve for him giving me about 390k to upgrade Cogs (I don't think he is going to see senior footy for a few weeks).

Would normally wait a week, but:

Kornes @ 388 (42 BE)

Priddis @ 384 (66 BE)

Watson @ 380 (59 BE)

Thinking Kornes? - is still probably too good to pass up. Alternative is to wait and do:

Gibbs @ 388 (137 BE) - not sure on Gibbs though as he is a little unproven.

Does anyone think they will be getting on Jurrah?

Can trade down a forward reserve for him giving me about 390k to upgrade Cogs (I don't think he is going to see senior footy for a few weeks).

Would normally wait a week, but:

Kornes @ 388 (42 BE)

Priddis @ 384 (66 BE)

Watson @ 380 (59 BE)

Thinking Kornes? - is still probably too good to pass up. Alternative is to wait and do:

Gibbs @ 388 (137 BE) - not sure on Gibbs though as he is a little unproven.

Almost a toss of the coin for the 4 above. Kornes is the proven performer, but one hit to his shoulder and hes gone. Priddis and Watson are accumulators and will rarely get tagged with Kerr and Stanton in the way.

Gibbs is a bit hit and miss atm.

looks like lucas will be in my team for a few weeks yet, really need to get bartel in as a final mid for hartlett/muston but just not sure where I am going to find the cash..

need to upgrade zieball this week
however i need to downgrade either hartlett or garlett to get someone reasonable

Option 1: Out: Hartlett, Zieball,
In: Anthony or other 86k mid, Didak

Option 2: Out: Garlett, Zieball.
In: Walters/Ballantyne, Brennan/Brown

Option 3: Out Hartlett, Zieball
In Brennan/Brown , Anthony + 50K

Option 4: This week Out:Hartlett, In: Anthony
Next Week: Out Zieball, In: Leon

Really unsure atm
Opinions would be great:thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

need to upgrade zieball this week
however i need to downgrade either hartlett or garlett to get someone reasonable

Option 1: Out: Hartlett, Zieball,
In: Anthony or other 86k mid, Didak

Option 2: Out: Garlett, Zieball.
In: Walters/Ballantyne, Brennan/Brown

Option 3: Out Hartlett, Zieball
In Brennan/Brown , Anthony + 50K

Option 4: This week Out:Hartlett, In: Anthony
Next Week: Out Zieball, In: Leon

Really unsure atm
Opinions would be great:thumbsu:

Leon for mine, but Didak if you want to avoid a 0.

---

Bartel + Davis v Selwood + Riewoldt

Can bring in Chappy or Pav but concerns over Chapman's durability as my foward emergencies will most likely be Ballantyne and W.Thompson.:(

Joel Selwood in a few weeks anyone?

Yeah, looking closely at this one. Although with Hase/Cogs as my 5 and 6 in the midfield I would like to have to upgrade one, and that would be to Ablett or similar (ie Selwood not good enough), but I might be tempted to go Hasleby to Selwood in two weeks. I have the trades in hand.

B: Goddard, Fisher, Adcock, Cornes,Broughton, Mackie, Grimes (Cheney, Petrenko)

C: Ablett, Hayes, Gibbs, Selwood, Cross, Rich (Muston, Cockie)

R: Cox, Mcintosh (Jacobs, Spencer)

F: Pavlich, Deledio, Reiwoldt, Higgins, SJ, Brennan, Didak (Brown, Sidebottom)

Now i dont normally post here asking for advice but i really dont know what to do...
8 trades left and no cash
I want to upgrade Cheney but who do i downgrade and who to??????

Yeah, looking closely at this one. Although with Hase/Cogs as my 5 and 6 in the midfield I would like to have to upgrade one, and that would be to Ablett or similar (ie Selwood not good enough), but I might be tempted to go Hasleby to Selwood in two weeks. I have the trades in hand.
Yeah well my current mid keepers are ABS, Gibbs, Kornes so not sure if Selwood would go nicely as a 5th/6th mid. I wanted Corey but I don't think my cash will stretch that far!

I need a cheap downgrade defender.

I still have Raines in my side, want to downgrade him to give me enough cash to upgrade Rich to Bartel.

WHO WHO WHO is a cheap defender? The list of 86k rookies isn't that enticing!

B: Goddard, Fisher, Adcock, Cornes,Broughton, Mackie, Grimes (Cheney, Petrenko)

C: Ablett, Hayes, Gibbs, Selwood, Cross, Rich (Muston, Cockie)

R: Cox, Mcintosh (Jacobs, Spencer)

F: Pavlich, Deledio, Reiwoldt, Higgins, SJ, Brennan, Didak (Brown, Sidebottom)

Now i dont normally post here asking for advice but i really dont know what to do...
8 trades left and no cash
I want to upgrade Cheney but who do i downgrade and who to??????

Sidey>Ballantyne

Cheney > ?

Remove this Banner Ad

2009 Trade Discussion- Part 7

Remove this Banner Ad

Back