2010 AFL Grand Final St Kilda vs Collingwood 25/9/2010

Remove this Banner Ad

You know what, after the initial shock of the draw, I'm a patient man, we're all patient supporters, we've waited 44 years what's an extra week?

The pies were shitting themselves, absolutely shitting themselves in that last quarter, they'll have to stew on that all week, and first bump next week we'll see if they're mentally tough to go around again or if theyw ant to squib it cause they can't be bothered going as hard.

Well done boys to salvage a draw, a win would have been great but after half time you done us very proud indeed. otherwise I almost got my wish in the end, another victory over the Pies ina GF by another point... 1's and 2's people, so now we go into the 2nd Grand final and week 27...

Stand up and applaud the effort though, we got pantsed and almost snatched it in the end. So I applaud the boys.

Bad luck guys, good fightback. Thought I'd pop in and keep an eye out for trolls....beware anyone thinking of trolling St Kilda on this board. All the best for next week.

I'm a bit like Goddard said on TV. The feeling is weird, we got no win but no lose either, we gotta be there again next week, but I bet the boys will give their all yet again.

Hopefully this time Rossy can get it right from the beginning, and does not have to change the strategy at half time to make it right. The move of Gilbert to the forward line to make Maxwell accountable was huge.

And also we had a bit of bad luck.... for the one and only time that Lyon doesn't go with 2 ruckmen, the one we have gets injured!!! You can't put Kosi in the ruck anymore, he at least tries but Jolly destroyed him. Blake was much better and fought like a warrior.

Next weekend it will be the EuroCup 2010 in Milan, which means a lot of people will be watching the replay there at the same time. You can't ask for a better environment if you can't be at the stadium.

I was very down at the end of the 2nd quarter, but before the start of the 3rd I said "Come on guys! If anyone can do it it's you boys! Show them how it's done, you can do it, I have faith in you". And they came from behind to nearly win it. So.... I trust them for the replay for sure.

GO SAINTS!!!

ive got my mates bucks night next saturday, hes one eyed pies fan....havent seen him in about 12 months......will be an interesting experience i think

Collingwood should wear their clash next week, reverse it from this week.

Shattered, I'm going to miss the replay, but still, DO IT FOR AUSTRALIA YOU SAINTERS.

Bad luck Sainters, I hope you do it next week!! Those confident, cocky wobbles didn't deserve to win..

Lenny was great, but I thought Goddard was better. What did you think? They both deserved to win it.. Just very happy that a wobbler didn't win it, especially Swan..
Go Sainters...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Top effort by your boys!

Going by the players attitudes after the game and comments made, you guys are all over this!

Well done to Lenny, but geez BJ was stiff!

FARRRKKKK. GIVE US THE ***** BOUNCE ARGHH.
It was going to happen me and my brother had dreamed of such a thing. Milney kicking the winning goal and giving it to their cheer squad but no it has to go and take a right turn.
Cant believe we didnt win. Goddard's mark was just ridiculous wouldve gone down with Jesa's.
Have to come back next week so nervous even if we win it wont be as amazing as that would have been. GRR.

Oh also is Monty in any trouble people who watched on TV? He was full throwing punches with I think Johnson in the 3rd quarter. Better not miss.

Thought the Pies would win (glad they did'nt!!) Based on what I saw today I have my money on you guys next week, enjoy an extra week of excitement!
GO the Saints!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Sorry about 97 :rolleyes:

Thought the Pies would win (glad they did'nt!!) Based on what I saw today I have my money on you guys next week, enjoy an extra week of excitement!
GO the Saints!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Awesome job guys. You boys are my 2nd team. So hoping for a quick snappy torp point to seal the deal, but sure hope you can do it next week. I wanna see Eddie cry (agian)

I want to put an image into your head that'll make you smile. Think of all those baffled Collingwood supporters at the music bowl, trying to work out what's going on while the rain starts falling.

I had the most frustrating seat in the ground, I was in the MCC right next to the timekeepers so I knew exactly how long was left. Game should've ended with Goddard's magnificent mark and goal.

Holy f***ing f***, I am one spent unit right now. What a f***ing rollercoaster that game was. Thought we were shot early on and at half time and then the last quarter when Goddard took that big grab I thought we would win.

Not sure who would be happier with a draw in the end. We had them on toast in that last quarter but they could have put us away before that if they kicked straight

Fisher, Goddard and Hayes were enormous in that 2nd half, along with Gilbert, Kosi and Peake.

Hopefully we can back up better next week than Boganwood. :thumbsu:

Not sure how I will back up though. I'll be in serious danger of liver damage with the amount of booze I'm drinking to calm the nerves.

Besides say Eddy, Ray, Gram and Peake everyone was absolutely awesome. They all did some good things but need to lift a lot next week.

Cant believe we didnt get to win off Goddard's mark!!!

My head is about to asplode, Eddie style.

All i can say is, im proud.
Proud of the guts and determination shown to comeback after that shitty 1st half.
Proud of having guys like BJ and Lenny on our side. <3

James Gwilt was pretty ****ing great imo. but what do i know.

Correct weight, did stuff up a couple body contests above his head but otherwise was one of the more solid defenders for 4 quarters instead of 2.

Besides say Eddy, Ray, Gram and Peake everyone was absolutely awesome. They all did some good things but need to lift a lot next week.

Cant believe we didnt get to win off Goddard's mark!!!

Woah back up, Eddy was servicable and really stood tall, did a lot more "harder" things than Mini did, playing as a midfielder of sorts to only pick up 7 possies is atrocious.

Remove this Banner Ad

2010 AFL Grand Final St Kilda vs Collingwood 25/9/2010

Remove this Banner Ad

Back