2010 Drafting, Trading, List Management Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Mitch Clark would fit our team perfectly playing 85% of game time at Full Forward and then becoming a more than handy backup ruckman when Sandi needs a rest.

Clark's a WA boy and with Brisbane looking to relieve salary cap it could be an opportune time to go after him.

However, a player of his calibre would not come cheaply.

I'd be willing to part with our first round pick + possibly a player like Byron Schammer.

What are the thoughts on a fair and reasonable trade to bring him to Perth?

Why not use Kepler in the trade? We won't need him if we get Clark.

I'd be willing to part with our first round pick + possibly a player like Byron Schammer.

I agree he would be an almost perfect fit. Could cover either Sandilands or Pavlich through injury for the next couple of years and would solve our young KPP issues. He's contracted though so he'd have to ask for a trade back to WA because there's no way the Lions would let him go due to 'relieve the salary cap'... Clark Rich and Leuenberger would be the 3 best young players for the lions.

Pick 20 + Schammer would not get it done.

I'd offer Pick 20 + Pick from Tarrant trade/Our Second rounder, whichever is worth more + Ibbo or MJ, I doubt that would be enough. (I don't think Bradley would have much currency)

We'd need to get hold of another first rounder, give them that, our own first rounder and probably a player as well.

It would be well worth it though.

I'd offer Pick 20 + Pick from Tarrant trade/Our Second rounder, whichever is worth more + Ibbo or MJ, I doubt that would be enough. (I don't think Bradley would have much currency)

We'd need to get hold of another first rounder, give them that, our own first rounder and probably a player as well.

It would be well worth it though.

:eek:
Wow HH, no offence but I'm glad you're not handling trade week. Pick 20 + Tarrant + Ibbo is way over the odds.

Clarke would certainly be handy but he's only worth slightly more than Warnock (pick 24) and about the same as Jolly (picks 14 and 46).

I'd say Ibbo's worth a pick in the early 20's and Tarrant early 30's so that would be picks 20 + 23 + 32 for a guy who will be our 2nd best ruckman and 2nd best tall forward.

:eek:
Wow HH, no offence but I'm glad you're not handling trade week. Pick 20 + Tarrant + Ibbo is way over the odds.

Haha, none taken.

Clark was the third best ruckman in the AFL last year, and made the AA squad as a 21 year old.

Ibbo IMO isn't a 'required' player, that's not that he's not a good player, but he fills a role that can quite easily be filled. In round 3 - 7 he didn't play and we played some of our best footy. Tarrant is leaving anyway, so let's just assume we have pick 30 instead.

From a best 22 point of view, we lose a young, talented player who's role could quite easily be filled, for a young more talented player in a vital role, and would free up other players (MJ) to play in roles they're better suited to.

Pick 20 and 30 could get us what, 2 young KPP's who may or may not make it to the top level? Even taking into account our recruiters brilliance in the past two years, there are few mature bodied KPP's left at that stage, so in all likelihood we'd be taking some skinny (albeit talkented) kids who aren't going to useful for a premiership tilt in the next two years.

I'd say Ibbo's worth a pick in the early 20's and Tarrant early 30's so that would be picks 20 + 23 + 32 for a guy who will be our 2nd best ruckman and 2nd best tall forward.

Irrelevant point considering we have the best ruckman and one of the best 3 forwards. He'd provide excellent cover for either if they were to be injured, would make a dynamic duo with Pavlich if they're both fit and could relieve Sandi in the ruck, and is a fantastic player in his own right.

Out of interest what would you say he's worth?

If we were to offer Brisbane or first rounder and the pick we get from Tarrant, I'm still not sure it will be enough. We would need to add a player into the deal.

As it sits our first pick is 20, and if Tarrant ends up at say Carlton we might end up with Pick 18 at best and potentially another player.

So we'd be looking at Pick 20, pick 18 and if needed a player like Brett Thornton from Carlton, all going to Brisbane. In return we would get Mitch Clarke and Carlton would receive Chris Tarrant.

I think that's a pretty fair deal if Brisbane can throw in a 3rd rounder for us to upgrade a rookie player like JVB, Clancee or Barlow.

As it sits our first pick is 20, and if Tarrant ends up at say Carlton we might end up with Pick 18 at best and potentially another player.

So we'd be looking at Pick 20, pick 18 and if needed a player like Brett Thornton from Carlton, all going to Brisbane. In return we would get Mitch Clarke and Carlton would receive Chris Tarrant.

We're not going to get Pick 18 + Thornton for Tarrant. Whilst he may be worth that, his value is low because a) he wants to go b) he's uncontracted c) he's 30.

I think that's a pretty fair deal if Brisbane can throw in a 3rd rounder for us to upgrade a rookie player like JVB, Clancee or Barlow.

Either you're underating Clark, or I'm overrating him.

If you suggested Clark + Pick 45 for Pick 18 + Pick 20 + Thornton on the Brisbane board, I don't think you'd get a very positive response. And that's taking into account the fact that Carlton aren't going to accept the above trade.

Out of interest what would you say he's worth?

Good response and it all makes sense HH, I just think it's over the odds.

Pick 20 + whatever we get for Tarrant would be fair if he's out of contract. Assuming Clark is under contract he almost definately won't be traded but to lure a 21 year old tall who is under contract takes a big offer (like Croad) and I don't think it's worth parting with Ibbo, Tarrant and our first rounder. Not that I'm a huge Ibbo fan, but after being burnt as Mundy's biggest critic a couple of years ago I'm waiting 18 months to take the long handle to Ibbotson.

Pick 20 + whatever we get for Tarrant would be fair if he's out of contract.

Sure, but he is contracted so thats kind of irrelevant.

Assuming Clark is under contract he almost definately won't be traded but to lure a 21 year old tall who is under contract takes a big offer (like Croad) and I don't think it's worth parting with Ibbo, Tarrant and our first rounder.

The rumours are that he's keen to come home, not that he's just being chased by us. If the rumours are true, this IMO makes this scenario different from the Croad trade. A large offer yes, but that's what it would take to get a top 10, young, quality KPP.

Not that I'm a huge Ibbo fan, but after being burnt as Mundy's biggest critic a couple of years ago I'm waiting 18 months to take the long handle to Ibbotson.

To be honest I hadn't really factored in a great deal of improvement from Ibbo, it would be dissappointing to trade him an then see him have a breakout year. It's all risk and reward I guess.

Anyway, this has all come about due to one rumour which hasn't even been repeated in the media, so I doubt anything will come of it anyway.

A question for those that've seen more of him than me - could Djerrkura play BP to good effect? And I don't mean zone off and run off but could he actually lock down a lively forward?

A question for those that've seen more of him than me - could Djerrkura play BP to good effect? And I don't mean zone off and run off but could he actually lock down a lively forward?

I think you are spot on here Scham - Djerrkura could be very useful in the BP with his pace, aggression and rebound.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Agreed with Scham also on Djerrkura. Could be a very handy Back Pocketer, that could free up Rodger to play mainly as a dangerous small forward in his later years of his career.

great minds must think alike..i came on with the intention of raising djekura's name having followed him since he was drafted. i think he would be a very good fit for freo. the other is andres everitt. if we could somehow get either of these in a 3-way deal that gets tarrant home i would be happy :)

He'll be a late round pick, and could even last until the rookie draft. He had a knee reconstruction a few months back, so he will probably be missing for the early stages of next season. Not sure how that will effect his chances, but obviously some teams like him considering he is off to the combine.

I've always really liked Thursfield. Surprised he wasn't getting a regular game, has always been their best shut down defender in my opinion. He might not be a damaging rebound player like Tarrant, but he can shut down the best tall and small forwards.

Sounds like Ryan Murphy Chris.

He is Murphy like, but that isn't necessarily a bad thing. Murphy always had talent, but for whatever reason the other sides of his game didn't develop. von Bertouch is a similar lead up forward but is faster and more mobile, and more importantly isn't a first round prospect like Murphy was.

Where can I get some stats on this guy? never heard of him before. looks pretty good though.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/102085/default.aspx

Stats from the colts prelim;

http://prowess.com.au/live/wafl/scoreboard.php?comp=WAC10&rnd=25&mtch=120

Seems his goal kicking isn't as good as he thinks!

Not really, he's usually much more accurate, just had a bad day.

He was listed as being 189cm at the National 18's carnival but is now 193cm so either one of the listing is wrong or he's grown this year.

Remove this Banner Ad

2010 Drafting, Trading, List Management Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back