2010 - General Player Discussion

Barry Hall in your SC team??

• Absolutely. Bargain pick up of the year.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No way. Will snap someone within the 1st month.

• No. Will be out too many games this year.

• Not a great SC option in the first place.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: 2010 Player Discussion.

News just in from 'The Age Sport' Twitter:

Melbourne small forward Austin Wonaeamirri looks to have again hurt his fragile hamstring playing for Casey in practice match curtain raiser

I am trying to decide which two rookies will score the highest supercoach scores this year?

Tossing up between Martin, Trengove and Scully.

Anyone have any stats on their supercoach preseason scores or who is uited better to supercoach?

Cheers

I am trying to decide which two rookies will score the highest supercoach scores this year?

Tossing up between Martin, Trengove and Scully.

Anyone have any stats on their supercoach preseason scores or who is uited better to supercoach?

Cheers

Martin will probably be the best of the 3 then trengrove and finally scully who you should stick clear as he is not ready. also worth a try (in order) are Barlow, Bastinac, Shuey, Banner and jetta.

Barry Hall

Ok... We know there's a player discussion thread but Big bad Bazza is probably worth a thread of it's own IMO.

Supercoach price - $366k

Age - 33 yo

Goals kicked in 3 NAB cup games - 16

His poor on field behaviour has been his undoing in recent years but has his "sacking" from Sydney been the wake up call he needed to hear in order to turn his game around? He again looks strong, powerful and intimidating.

As a Supercoach your number 1 concern must be his "brain snaps" and being sidelined by the judiciary. Second concern is whether or not Rocket will rest him and bring him out for only the big games. Third, his body. At 33, he's not getting any younger and the way he plays his footy must surely take a toll on his big frame.

For mine, purely because of the 1st reason he's out. There was a little of it seen against Zac Dawson in the NAB GF and I think it's still a very real possibility that he could explode in a very bad way. Mind you, I'm more inclined to pick him now than I was at the start of the NAB cup.

Your thoughts????

Re: Barry Hall

In for mine. I don't think he's an idiot. He knows this is his last chance.

If Rocket rests him, what's the point? He'll most likely play 18-22 (barring some freak injury).

absolute gun. too strong for majority of defenders as we saw last night. his presence is huge. can't start without him and doggies are my bet for the flag this year.

I don't know if he's the "bargain pick of the year" (there could well be other players and rookies out there who might prove to be better improvers), but he's certainly a great pick for his price, based on his pre-season form and in the knowledge of what he has produced in the past.

I think hes a bargin, will score big, I dont no why rocket would rest him unless hes really bad condition, I dont think he'll snap he nos its his last chance he Could win a flag this year. And if he does thats stupid

Interesting with Hall...

But did anyone see Hall give Dawson a look of some sort and a push in the last quarter??...

Now Dawson is just a boy and wouldn't want trouble with Hall especially when it is just a night premiership, but many others will want to annoy Hall...Just by the body language and that push/look on Dawson, I'm inclined NOT to get Hall..

Watch the last quarter for one of Hall's mark and goals, where Dawson is in the picture...

I'm no psychiatrist, but I didn't like the body language especially when Hall already owned the last quarter..I think it was his 3rd or 4th goal of the last quarter... I've decided to stick to Duddy Franklin (Rockliff cover) over Hall.. Maybe it was just a sign of relief and he was joking around...not sure...

Interesting with Hall...

But did anyone see Hall give Dawson a look of some sort and a push in the last quarter??...

Now Dawson is just a boy and wouldn't want trouble with Hall especially when it is just a night premiership, but many others will want to annoy Hall...Just by the body language and that push/look on Dawson, I'm inclined NOT to get Hall..

Watch the last quarter for one of Hall's mark and goals, where Dawson is in the picture...

I'm no psychiatrist, but I didn't like the body language especially when Hall already owned the last quarter..I think it was his 3rd or 4th goal of the last quarter... I've decided to stick to Duddy Franklin (Rockliff cover) over Hall..

Dawson was hitting him at the start of the match, trying to get under his skin, trying to make him crack.

Hall, in response, kicked 7 goals.

I don't think that he was getting mad, I think that he was just showing that Dawson was out of his league and that if he wants to hit him, he can try and hit him after he's kicked 7 goals, not before.

'Intimidation', one would call it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lets keep in mind who he has been directly opposed to.

Hawthorn- Gibson: to small in height for power forwards, never going to trouble barry.

Port Adelaide- Carlisle: young guy still developing his trade

St.Kilda- Dawson: handy defender on a big forward with fisher in his pocket for support...one on one is never going to match it with barry.

Yes, he is a decent pick-up but lets not think he is going to average 100 every week...my prediction will be 70-75, so if you think he is worth it averaging that then take him, otherwise look elsewhere!

Presti will keep him to a maximum 2 goals round one!

Dawson was hitting him at the start of the match, trying to get under his skin, trying to make him crack.

Hall, in response, kicked 7 goals.

I don't think that he was getting mad, I think that he was just showing that Dawson was out of his league and that if he wants to hit him, he can try and hit him after he's kicked 7 goals, not before.

Did Hally go the 'Swing and a miss' Intimidation:D:D:D
Tom knows wat i mean:D

Interesting with Hall...

I'm no psychiatrist, but I didn't like the body language especially when Hall already owned the last quarter..I think it was his 3rd or 4th goal of the last quarter... I've decided to stick to Duddy Franklin (Rockliff cover) over Hall.. Maybe it was just a sign of relief and he was joking around...not sure...

I agree there is much risk with Barry and Dawson got a taste of Barry last night and wisely backed down. I can just imagine Campbell Brown niggling him a few more times until he snaps? Hopefully Eade can recognize this happening and drags him first?

I too am contemplating Him vs Buddy, both are high risk and high reward

Hopefully Barry gets 8 or so games and at current form earns enough to upgrade to a slow starting premium like Brown or Pav?

Ah the dilemmas of fantasy footy:p

Good point...

I really want to get Hall, but I'm a bit scared...LOL (like most)....

...... I can just imagine Campbell Brown niggling him a few more times until he snaps? Hopefully Eade can recognize this happening and drags him first?

I too am contemplating Him vs Buddy, both are high risk and high reward

Yes, exactly guys like Campbell Brown like playing niggling games...lol..

I've decided Duddy or Hall, but not both......

I'm not sure why some people don't think he's a bargain (?) You're only paying for a 69 ave starting price forward who should at least ave in the 80's.

Given the dogs are a high scoring team, a chance for the flag and if they only lose 1 or 2 games, his ave will more likely be anywhere between 90-110. (even in DT his ave should be around 80-100)

OK aggro risk comes into play but if the dogs are winning this should be minimal.

Is Luke Hodge really a lock?

Only averaged 97 after returning from injury in round 11. His results from 2008 and previous were before teams started increasing their severity of their tag on him. I think he will struggle to score much more than 100.

What do other people think?

Re: Is Luke Hodge really a lock?

LOCK.

This man is such a powerhouse, and (although Juddy's good) Hawthorn definately made a good choice to draft this guy with their number one pick.

I'd consider him at any price, but at 485K, he is a steal.

Warhorse, gives 150%, and racks up the points.

You don't have to have him, but you'll suffer as a result (unless he does his knee or something out of the norm like that)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back