2010 - General Player Discussion

Barry Hall in your SC team??

• Absolutely. Bargain pick up of the year.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No way. Will snap someone within the 1st month.

• No. Will be out too many games this year.

• Not a great SC option in the first place.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: 2010 Player Discussion.

Do essendon supports expect Atkinson to be in their best 22 this year?

Re: Josh Drummond

Like the look of Drummond, had him but upgraded to Goddard and now I don't know whether to have drummond or goddard. Had too Gilbee but his inconsistency worried me and coming off a bad year maybe he is falling in fantasy terms.

What are everyone's thoughts on Matthew Pavlich this year?

For the first time, I am thinking of leaving him out of my side.

Seaby will probably be in Sydneys team this year but im not to sure how he will go i wouldnt put him in yoiur team as there are so much better options that will play.

Nick Natanui???

hey guys, first time on here.. would love to know peoples thoughts on whether a backline of hodge, raines, waite, macdonald, ladson, polak and hunt is way too risky..if i take these risks the rest of my team is pretty kick ass???

hey guys, first time on here.. would love to know peoples thoughts on whether a backline of hodge, raines, waite, macdonald, ladson, polak and hunt is way too risky..if i take these risks the rest of my team is pretty kick ass???

In a word YES...But having said that if your confident that these guys are going to improve and make you money and the rest of your team is SOLID then that's up to you.

In a rule I would be looking at having a team which included 14-15 keepers around the field...Meaning you'll obviously need to upgrade 7-8 players.

Out of the back line posted you realistically have 1 keeper in Hodge and depending on Waites return from injury and role this year maybe 2. So you have 5-6 upgrades already needed in the backs so I guess if you only have 1 or 2 other upgrades around the ground then good luck.

Very risky back line and tradition shows that the backline is an area you really want stability.

What are everyone's thoughts on Matthew Pavlich this year?

For the first time, I am thinking of leaving him out of my side.
is going back to the fwd line . and will kick more goals.. so should be decent in SC.. could be back to his durable consistent self...

is going back to the fwd line . and will kick more goals.. so should be decent in SC.. could be back to his durable consistent self...

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/new...roblem-dismissed/story-e6frg7mf-1225825681615

heard this on the radio (6pr) in an interview with hagdorn and he reckons there was still a little smoke around the condition of pavs knee coming into the season. i personally have him in my sc and i think he is one of the best CHFs in the game (and returning to that position) and will have a big year with the rest of the midfield having developed a bit further at the dockers

In a word YES...But having said that if your confident that these guys are going to improve and make you money and the rest of your team is SOLID then that's up to you.

In a rule I would be looking at having a team which included 14-15 keepers around the field...Meaning you'll obviously need to upgrade 7-8 players.

Out of the back line posted you realistically have 1 keeper in Hodge and depending on Waites return from injury and role this year maybe 2. So you have 5-6 upgrades already needed in the backs so I guess if you only have 1 or 2 other upgrades around the ground then good luck.

Very risky back line and tradition shows that the backline is an area you really want stability.

Cheers.
BACKS: hodge, raines, waite, polak, macdonald, ladson, hunt (sheppard,davis)

MIDFIELD: ablett, dal santo, gibbs, cooney, masten, martin (trengove,morrabito)

RUCKS: Hille, kreuzer (lobbe, trengove)

FORWARDS: Reiwoldt, higgins, franklin, rioli, dangerfield, ziebell,hall (watts, rohan)

there is the side which i think is very strong besides that backline..do you think be worth downgrading maybe a dal santo to a cheaper 3rd year player or so to strengthen my backline? who would be the biggest cocerns there you think, becos i no when fit they can all be great players

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cheers.
BACKS: hodge, raines, waite, polak, macdonald, ladson, hunt (sheppard,davis)

MIDFIELD: ablett, dal santo, gibbs, cooney, masten, martin (trengove,morrabito)

RUCKS: Hille, kreuzer (lobbe, trengove)

FORWARDS: Reiwoldt, higgins, franklin, rioli, dangerfield, ziebell,hall (watts, rohan)

there is the side which i think is very strong besides that backline..do you think be worth downgrading maybe a dal santo to a cheaper 3rd year player or so to strengthen my backline? who would be the biggest cocerns there you think, becos i no when fit they can all be great players
i think its too risky with polak and raines in your starting team other than that good team maybe trade dal for like cale morton.

josh kennedy??(wce)

i think its too risky with polak and raines in your starting team other than that good team maybe trade dal for like cale morton.

josh kennedy??(wce)

I think personally Kennedy could have a good year at WCE, team that had a good end of year last year, should play Half Forward and may be a worthy sidekick for Lynch.

Alright then, what is everyone's thoughts on Boomer Harvey for SC this year? I have him, I am really hoping he will have a bumper year, but what are people's thoughts on him.

I have Newman, Enright, Hurn and Hodge in my backline instead. :D

I reckon these guys are more durable than Drummond too.

Would love to have Goddard but I think his starting price is too expensive, reminds me of Hodge last year. :eek:

Having said that I will pick up Goddard at some stage during the season. :thumbsu:

I would suggest if you have the extra cash put Goddard in before anyone else as he is a must have defender

took this advice. had the extra money and upgraded. concerned about it though due to hte price of gddard

Hey guys,

Of all the please rate my team posts, i have yet to see a team that has Shannon Byrnes in it..

Struggled to get games in 06,07 and 09 due to injury and no spots for another crumbing forward.

Played 22 last year and averaged 84.26.
Kicked 32 goals and even got rotated through the midfield a little.
A breakout year for a player that has really struggled to get game time.

This year with Stokes out for at least the first 8 weeks, will find plenty of game time once again.

He is only 25, has the potential to score big.

In the first 13 rounds last year (missed rounds 1 and 2), produced scores of 93, 97, 98, 102, 107, 124, 126 and 145.

Seriously considering him this season, could get up around the 520-550K mark if he starts well again.

Thoughts..?

I wont be getting Byrnes personally.

Byrnes may only be useful while Stokes is out of the side. The recent article with Mooney suggests that Stokes is still very much in favour and that could come at the expense of Byrnes. Now assuming you have the traditional Keeper-Value-Rookie team set up going along, Byrnes is too expensive to sit there after Stokes comes back, and only contribute with poor scores.

Would be fine if he was a little cheaper, but there are many better players around his price in my opinion. Why get Byrnes when you can get players like Giansiracusa, Knights, Roughead, LeCras or Rioli? :thumbsu:

Yeah Byrnes looks a little overpriced to me, look at his scores from last year, his price has been bumped up by 3-4 140+ scores while a lot of his other scores are >80. I have a couple of players I want to bring up. Chapman an Sandilands. I have them both at the moment, maybe Chappy a little overpriced for such an injury prone player, and well sandi plays for freo, enough said

Yeah Byrnes looks a little overpriced to me, look at his scores from last year, his price has been bumped up by 3-4 140+ scores while a lot of his other scores are >80. I have a couple of players I want to bring up. Chapman an Sandilands. I have them both at the moment, maybe Chappy a little overpriced for such an injury prone player, and well sandi plays for freo, enough said
I wouldnt nibble at Chappy this year, to much of a risk

I wouldnt nibble at Chappy this year, to much of a risk

I may pick him up around Mid year depending on price and what not, but have to have a much closer look on him.

What are your guys thoughts on Justin Westhoff? Since he could be pinch hitting in the ruck and playing more up the ground, He could be a pretty good pick up. He looked quiet good yesterday against the crows as well. Im starting to consider him over Dangerfield and Ziebell

any thoughts about Tom Swift from WCE? Could be in for a big year, then could do very poorly.

Also what about Taylor Walker from Adel? Well priced at 270k Would love to get a crows supporters opinion on the yound forward

hey guys, i'm not sure if he's been covered but i'm wondering what people think of Brent Staker... He is very low priced and can be used up forward or in the mids. Considering there's not that many value forwards under 300k I am wondering if he could be a good pick up?

Not gonna lie, I basically have no idea what he's like as a player, so can anyone shed some light on him and whether or not he'll play most games at brisbane? and what role etc? could he be good for 80 each week?

Cheers

d.wells.. is he fit? surely hes due for a good year. and for only 360k if he reaches his potential surely hes a 500k player?

Pavlich vs Buddy? can't decide since it looks like buddy is back.
hearing pav will lose u $ at that price?

thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back