Mega Thread 2011/12 Trade/Draft/Delist MegaThread, now twice as mega!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
LOL it gave me a good laugh today reading what eaglesfan84 put up. Seems like he wants a team thats all 190cm+. How could we possibly lose :eek:

I suggested a tall forward line. And having all players 190+cm is not that far fetched, look at the NFL, NBA these sports have evolved where players shorter than 6ft probably make up less than 1% of the lists, where as twenty years ago it may have been 10% or more.

If you have a player 190cm who has just as much, or more, ground level skill, disposal skill, pace, agility, body work and marking ability compared to a 180cm player which would you take?

"The average height and weight of an AFL footballer, drawn from the 738 senior and rookie-listed players on the 16 club lists in the current "bible", is 188 centimetres and 87 kilograms. "
http://www.theage.com.au/news/sport/the-afl-and-the-lore-of-averages/2009/02/25/1235237738878.html

I suggested a tall forward line. And having all players 190+cm is not that far fetched, look at the NFL, NBA these sports have evolved where players shorter than 6ft probably make up less than 1% of the lists, where as twenty years ago it may have been 10% or more.

If you have a player 190cm who has just as much, or more, ground level skill, disposal skill, pace, agility, body work and marking ability compared to a 180cm player which would you take?

"The average height and weight of an AFL footballer, drawn from the 738 senior and rookie-listed players on the 16 club lists in the current "bible", is 188 centimetres and 87 kilograms. "
http://www.theage.com.au/news/sport/the-afl-and-the-lore-of-averages/2009/02/25/1235237738878.html

And Einstein?

McKinley yes in retrospect.

Spangher we lost for nothing and Staker has played patches of very good football for Brisbane, along with Seaby and pick 39 worth far more than the spare change we may get for Koby.

You have to account for there ability playing in our team as well though.

Staker is probably the only one who will be on his respective teams list in 2 years and he reached the end of the road with us. If he got a game this year it would of been over Schofield at best.

In that year we lost Staker, Seaby and pick #39 and gained pick #22 (Weedon). Not fantastic but far from poor.

I'm flattered you consider me in the same league as Einstein, but i'm not that smart :p

And what? I defended my position on afl player height more than adequately. :cool:

Granted you defended it to the death but it still is a shocking set up.:D

Really?

All of Seaby, Staker and Spangher have played some good footy since leaving.

What it shows is that we either mismanaged them as players or got less than their worth.

Seaby was behind Cox and chased more opportunity, Staker was talented but inconsistent in his time here and had relished being in a side with less expectation placed on him and Spangher has been ok without being sensational so the jury is still out there.

We got what they were worth at the time

Granted you defended it to the death but it still is a shocking set up.:D

hahaha maybe :)

But when has an AFL side actually had 6 talented 190+ cm forwards to try and implement it? ;)

What if you had Cloke, Franklin, Kennedy, Goodes, J Reiwoldt, Podsy, Petrie at your dispoal....

I don't think so. Collingwood traded their first rounder.

If Kobes goes to Collingwood it must be for Wellingham, nothing less. At least Wellingham is a B grade midfielder.

99% chance that all Kobe, Lycett, Swift, Sheppard talk is all rubbish.

This will not happen. Wellingham is a contracted player and a part of our best 22. Why would we give you a best 22 player for an unproven kid, particularly if the player is going to leave your club (provided he wants out of course)?

You may rate him highly, but it won't happen or go down like that. It be like us demanding quality for Macaffer who is out of contract and provided he wants to go. Again, won't happen. Lets be realistic here.

Stevens + 28 (Ebert pick) to the Pies

Beams to Lions

M Clark to us?

What purpose does this trade serve to Collingwood? What you are basically saying is Collingwood exchange Beams for Stevens? Why would we do this for aa player we regard as a quality young player already a part of our established best 22? Not to mention the fact that he is also contracted.

If Stevens wants out and if we are into him ( I don't know why but anyway) and if you guys are into Macaffer, a trade could potentially be on but it's all speculation at this point.

All I know is, your proposed trade will never happen.

This will not happen. Wellingham is a contracted player and a part of our best 22. Why would we give you a best 22 player for an unproven kid, particularly if the player is going to leave your club (provided he wants out of course)?

You may rate him highly, but it won't happen or go down like that. It be like us demanding quality for Macaffer who is out of contract and provided he wants to go. Again, won't happen. Lets be realistic here.

What purpose does this trade serve to Collingwood? What you are basically saying is Collingwood exchange Beams for Stevens? Why would we do this for aa player we regard as a quality young player already a part of our established best 22? Not to mention the fact that he is also contracted.

If Stevens wants out and if we are into him ( I don't know why but anyway) and if you guys are into Macaffer, a trade could potentially be on but it's all speculation at this point.

All I know is, your proposed trade will never happen.
No what he is basically saying is that we trade 28 and Stevens for Beams, quite a difference.

Maccaffer? Really? lol

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No what he is basically saying is that we trade 28 and Stevens for Beams, quite a difference.

Maccaffer? Really? lol

Marginal difference. Beams is a proven QUALITY youngster and a best 22 player. A walk up start in every side. The trade is useless to Collingwood. It takes us backwards.

Also, I don't profess to know who is the better footballer but I do know Macaffer has played some very good senior footy. Stevens looking at his history (without seeing much of him) has played very little senior footy.

So I don't get what you are laughing at- apparently you guys are chasing Macaffer going by reports. It may at the very least be a starting point if Stevens wants out and we are into him.

In order to get a Wellingham/Beams to move from us, it will cost you more than a mid/late second rounder plus a fringe youngster (that's what he is at this stage). Even then we still probably wouldn't move on them considering how far ahead they are of Stevens.

a little birdy told me macaffer isnt being offered another contract at collingwood.
And we should be excited about this why?

Does not offer WC anything except depth?

It is much like our premiership year. Our fringe players were massively overrated and it didn't take long to find out their actual worth.

Remember when Prismal was the future at Geelong?

Facts are guys like Mccaffer and Toovy are overpriced and overrated, recycling c grade players and cast offs has never been our forte, why start now?

It is much like our premiership year. Our fringe players were massively overrated and it didn't take long to find out their actual worth.

Facts are guys like Mccaffer and Toovy are overpriced and overrated, recycling c grade players and cast offs has never been our forte, why start now?

what it means is collingwood cant be trying to trade in gold for someone who they will delist if they cant trade. my comment was to the collingwood poster suggesting a trade of stevens for macaffer. I think stevens will be a gun and he is a required player for the eagles at this stage where as on the otherhand macaffer is a borderline player who highly likely won't be playing for collingwood next year either way.

thank vou

Sorry for the intrusion, a few things:

1) Why would Stevens want to come to us? Unless he wants to play back or forward? I presume he's a midfielder judging from what I remember from before he was drafted.

2) Macaffer is quite underrated. A strong mark and good goal sense. Was pivotal in the GF2 2010 and personally I'd want to keep him. Very level headed bloke too. Plus he gets very homesick living in the city (from the country) so I don't know why he would go interstate?

3) Toovey, well he's underrated by opposition supporters, overrated by Collingwood supporters. Good at tagging/negating small forwards, but lacks any real attacking side to his game. Only really useful if you want that role.

2) Macaffer is quite underrated. A strong mark and good goal sense. Was pivotal in the GF2 2010 and personally I'd want to keep him. Very level headed bloke too. Plus he gets very homesick living in the city (from the country) so I don't know why he would go interstate?

Possibly because Perth's like a big country town?:p

hahaha maybe :)

But when has an AFL side actually had 6 talented 190+ cm forwards to try and implement it? ;)

What if you had Cloke, Franklin, Kennedy, Goodes, J Reiwoldt, Podsy, Petrie at your dispoal....

Did you see how Brown and Fevola went? It was a shambles.

Stevens and stevenson sound very similar. And with stevenson already linked as a potential trade to collingwood i wouldnt be all the surprised to find the guy listening to the radio misheard... I hope.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back