ALF.com.au Mock Draft has us Getting:

50. Collingwood - Julian Dobosz
Height:
191cm
Weight: 82kg
DOB: 17/11/92
Club: North Hobart
Draft range: 40-70
Dobosz struggled to get a proper pre-season under his belt this year, but he still made quite a splash at the national carnival with a bag of seven goals against Vic Country. He backed that up with another seven-goal haul in a game at senior level for North Hobart toward the end of the season and will provide some tall depth behind Travis Cloke and Chris Dawes while he learns the ropes.
Watch Julian Dobosz in action

and

65. Collingwood - Brody Mihocek
Height:
191cm
Weight: 86kg
DOB: 4/2/93
Club: Burnie Dockers
Draft range: 40-65
It's something of a surprise to see the Tasmanian down this low, but the Pies will happily add the fierce competitor to their mix. Mihocek was All Australian at the national carnival and impressed with his attack on the ball. He reads the play well as a defender and fights hard for the ball when playing in attack.
Watch Brody Mihocek in action

Discussion In here or Info if you hear anything Creditable

Re: 2011 Pre Collingwood's AFL Draft Day Thread

i cant post because it's still the day before draft day in perth

but these guys have names that I cant pronounce...cant we draft a j. brown?

Herald Sun are saying Pies are keen on key forward Jai Sheehan at pick 50. Would have to hope the Hawks don't take him earlier.
Seems unless a mid they rated top 20 slips through, they want a tall forward.

Happy Draft Day. One of my favourite days of the year. Already stoked with Clarke, Yagmoor, Elliot, Witt, Hartley and Mooney. Can't wait for Hine to deliver the last two picks. Hard not to get excited by Witt, but Yagmoor looks like a gem of a player.

Happy Draft Day. One of my favourite days of the year. Already stoked with Clarke, Yagmoor, Elliot, Witt, Hartley and Mooney. Can't wait for Hine to deliver the last two picks. Hard not to get excited by Witt, but Yagmoor looks like a gem of a player.

Here, here! Happy draft day!

You mention two of the young lads we've added but I'm equally excited by Elliott who has been dubbed "a little tank" down at Pie land. Also, eager to see the return of a more focussed and driven Marty Clarke. Of the four players we've added this year so far I am pleased with all of them. This was not so much the case last season with Farmer, Stubbs making the primary list...especially ahead of Kritta Pendlebury. Good luck to Kritta - hope he gets drafted.

My only hope for today is that we don't draft Waylen Manson. While an absolute freak and prodigious talent, this article in the Herald Sun does not paint a positive long term picture. His "go home" factor is through the roof and I trully believe that he will only be successful integrating into a team where he has an indigenous brother who has been through the same challenges - i.e. Liam Jurrah. Hope Melbourne take him.

Herald Sun are saying Pies are keen on key forward Jai Sheehan at pick 50. Would have to hope the Hawks don't take him earlier.
Seems unless a mid they rated top 20 slips through, they want a tall forward.

I hope we take a Tall Forward and Jai Wuould be Nice:

Video:

[YOUTUBE]xu-0QTB6mOM[/YOUTUBE]

I am going to see Moneyball at the Movies Shortly

Here, here! Happy draft day!

You mention two of the young lads we've added but I'm equally excited by Elliott who has been dubbed "a little tank" down at Pie land. Also, eager to see the return of a more focussed and driven Marty Clarke. Of the four players we've added this year so far I am pleased with all of them. This was not so much the case last season with Farmer, Stubbs making the primary list...especially ahead of Kritta Pendlebury. Good luck to Kritta - hope he gets drafted.

My only hope for today is that we don't draft Waylen Manson. While an absolute freak and prodigious talent, this article in the Herald Sun does not paint a positive long term picture. His "go home" factor is through the roof and I trully believe that he will only be successful integrating into a team where he has an indigenous brother who has been through the same challenges - i.e. Liam Jurrah. Hope Melbourne take him.

You forget Caolon Mooney - the greatest athlete this country has ever seen...

Agree on Manson, and there is NO CHANCE we will take him. Hine just won't take that kind of risk.

Tonight, Jarrod Witts officially becomes a member of the Collingwood Football Clubs' senior list.:thumbsu::thumbsu:

Oh, and we also have 2 other picks.:p

Our draft selections will depend a lot on who other clubs take (or more importantly don't take) simply because of the position of our first pick.

Hine has stated that the club has a 15 man list, and of that 15 man list, you would think at least 5-6 would be taken by the time the draft reaches pick 50.

Hopefully, like in previous years one of Hines' top rated selections is still available at pick 50.

As we always say, IN HINE WE TRUST.:D:thumbsu:

You forget Caolon Mooney - the greatest athlete this country has ever seen...

Agree on Manson, and there is NO CHANCE we will take him. Hine just won't take that kind of risk.

I would have thought any pick 50+ is going to be a risk one way or another. Manson has enourmous potential & upside and if he does slide its worth the risk. I would rather risk recruiting a potential superstar at #50 than risk not recruiting one.

I hope we get Manson. This is a shallow draft, if he is still availuable at pick 50, I really hope we get him. I have seen him play abit and this bloke is gonna be a gun, him not wanting to live in the city can be changed and its not like we are giving up a good pick for him anyway. It's a risk I am hoping the club takes. Good luck to him wherever he goes.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A big ask to expect Manson to make it in Melbourne (Perth will be hard enough for him). He would have to be on a special program, allowing him to go home every 2 months during his first season. The risk is that once he does go home he doesn't want to return. We have lost Davis & Dick, who could have mentored a young player from the bush.
A tough call. I assume that both Richmond & Melbourne would be gunshy after losing Taylor & Wonaeamirri recently.

Here is my list of Players I think we could Draft Tonight:

• Tom Downie
  • Jack Crisp
  • Julian Dobosz
  • Zyrus Manson
  • Josh Waldhuter
  • Nick O'Brien
  • Myles Bolger
  • Lauchlan Dalgleish
  • Brody Mihocek
  • Jackson Paine
  • Simon Tunbridge
  • Jai Sheahan
  • Ben Brown
  • Dylan Orval
  • Daniel Farmer
  • Jackson Merrett
  • Kyal Horsley

I won't be on the Board during the Draft as I be in a Different Room but I be back on Straight Afterwards

Typical pre draft rumours flying around everywhere, and as usual they are more about mature aged players then anything.

The two about Fev today have been that he was first spotted coming out of the Westpac Centre, and then the second one was he was to be taken with pick sixty............eight, StKilda's pick (had you going there:p).

Anyone know of a stream? Even though we only got 2 picks.
There won't be any video of our draft picks, because once the first round is over, Foxtel are going to talk shit and not even have audio of the rest of the draft picks, unless you press the red button.

Just tune into SEN from about 7pm onwards, they'll have as good of a coverage as anyone. Our picks should occur around the 7.45pm time line, 3rd and 4th round then we leave the building.:)

I'm sitting within shouting distance of Hine.

If you've got any last minute player revelations for me to pass (yell) inconspicuously to him, now's the time.

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview 2011 Collingwood's AFL Draft Day Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back