2011 Rds 8-9 Trades Mega Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Round 9 Trades

I've having a serious think about bringing in gilbee..he has a breakeven of 38 and has the 153 floating around under 400k he seems like value. Anyone think he will be able to average the 105 he has in previous seasons after finding some form?

Unusually played forward this week. I almost got him this week but got Shaw instead. Will watch him one more week before slotting him in. But I can do that given I'm upgrading elsewhere in preference.

Not a bad risk option at all because he is very capable as history has shown, plus MPP.

I'd do it if hibberd gets named, do you already have Isaac smith? If not i'd probs take him before hibberd. I'd take fisher over adcock as well.

Weighing up my options this week, need do get rid of b.smith as he's set for a big price drop, I was thinking of going

Curnow > Smith leaving me with 261k so I could then upgrade b.smith > adcock leaving me with 30k in the kitty, OR I could go smith > suckling leaving me with 100k

Thoughts guy's?? Cheers in advance:)

Would depend on the rest of your team but I'm in a similar position and will take suckling before adcock, it wont be with the majority but i'm sitting in the top 5000 and need something a bit different as all the top teams are now more or less the same. As you'd know being a hawks fan Suckling has reached his peak, he's only just started stringing some good games together, with his perfect disposal he'll never be wasting kicks and for that reason he can have a quieter game but still post a decent score.

Also then gives you an extra 70k to upgrade elsewhere. Just my 2c worth...

I was thinking of going Lower > Suckling then Harris > Bolton this week or just go with upgrading harris to mundy then next week libba to ablett.

Was thinking of going L Thompson > Hibberd then Lower > H Shaw this week then the week after that I will most likely go Heppell > Pendlebury > C Knights > Okeefe

After those trades my team should look something like this.

Backs: Deledio, Newman, Goddard, Enright, Gibbs, Shaw, (Rookie)
(Toy Puopolo Jacobs)
Mids: Swan, Cotchin, Pavlich, Judd, Pendlebury, Selwood
(Beams Helbig Smith)
Rucks: Cox, Sandilands
(Smith Derickx)
Fwds: Franklin, Sylvia, Goodes, J Riewoldt, N Riewoldt, Okeefe, (Rookie)
(Tapscott Matera McKernan)

My only slight concern though is I will have quite a few players from the same team Swan, Pendlebury, Shaw, Goodes, Okeefe, Deledio, Newman, Cotchin, J Riewoldt, Selwood, Enright, Goddard, N Riewoldt.

What are peoples thoughts about it.

Was thinking of going L Thompson > Hibberd then Lower > H Shaw this week then the week after that I will most likely go Heppell > Pendlebury > C Knights > Okeefe

(Toy Puopolo Jacobs)
(Beams Helbig Smith)
(Smith Derickx)

My only slight concern though is I will have quite a few players from the same team Swan, Pendlebury, Shaw, Goodes, Okeefe, Deledio, Newman, Cotchin, J Riewoldt, Selwood, Enright, Goddard, N Riewoldt.

How many trades have you spent to get there? Great team.

(Toy Puopolo Jacobs)
(Beams Helbig Smith)
(Smith Derickx)

Yeah, Nice team but your going to take a massive hit round 11 with Newman, Delidio, Cotchin & JRoo all out and then again round 19 when you lose Newman, Delidio, Cotchin, JRoo, Goodes & ROK.....Going to get ugly:eek:

Fisher is a monster this year and with the Saints form at the moment, the ball is going to be in the Saints back half a lot, he takes a LOT of marks off of the other team and rebound 50's should = huge points.

I'm looking at doing.

Swallow > I. Smith
L. Thompson > Fisher

I think I'll upgrade Knights to ROK, which would leave a forward line of:

Pavlich, Franklin, Goodes, ROK, N Riewoldt, J Riewoldt, Higgins (Darling, Tapscott, Matera)

That's pretty close to done, isn't it - in a year where true standouts are hard to find up forward?

I have two MPP F/Ms in the middle (Krakouer, I Smith), too, so I'm using the flexibility each week to get the best scoring players on the field.

Might also flip a plummeting Broughton to a skyrocketing Suckling in the backline. Arguably too late on both counts, but... seriously... talk about going in opposite directions.

Yeah, Nice team but your going to take a massive hit round 11 with Newman, Delidio, Cotchin & JRoo all out and then again round 19 when you lose Newman, Delidio, Cotchin, JRoo, Goodes & ROK.....Going to get ugly:eek:

Suppose he could switch Goodes with Pav to have just one emergency in def, mid and fwd. Would want to hope there are no injuries in and around that time though, could be facing a few donuts.

It is a nice team though.

I think I'll upgrade Knights to ROK, which would leave a forward line of:

Pavlich, Franklin, Goodes, ROK, N Riewoldt, J Riewoldt, Higgins (Darling, Tapscott, Matera)

That's pretty close to done, isn't it - in a year where true standouts are hard to find up forward?

I have two MPP F/Ms in the middle (Krakouer, I Smith), too, so I'm using the flexibility each week to get the best scoring players on the field.

Might also flip a plummeting Broughton to a skyrocketing Suckling in the backline. Arguably too late on both counts, but... seriously... talk about going in opposite directions.

Are you going to keep Krak and I.Smith all year? Likewise with the other team, you'll probably need the MPP available when Rd 19 hits when Swans and Tigers have the bye which means you'd have Goodes, ROK and JRoo on the pine. Are there no other options that interest you instead of ROK?

Are you going to keep Krak and I.Smith all year? Likewise with the other team, you'll probably need the MPP available when Rd 19 hits when Swans and Tigers have the bye which means you'd have Goodes, ROK and JRoo on the pine. Are there no other options that interest you instead of ROK?

Unlikely to keep both for the year. My focus is league play, so the bye is a bit of a non-issue.

Hopefully Mzungu comes along by then and I can trade Kraks up to Chaps or down to Mzungu and maintain that MPP flexibility. It's served me well so far, swapping Heppell/Goodes in and out of the midfield as needed to avoid 0s and get the best rookie options on the field.

Who else is there up forward? Fyfe, Sylvia, Boomer, Chaps are the only ones scoring ahead of ROK, and they're all worth at least $50k more. They are all F/M, though, which I like.

Unlikely to keep both for the year. My focus is league play, so the bye is a bit of a non-issue.

Hopefully Mzungu comes along by then and I can trade Kraks up to Chaps or down to Mzungu and maintain that MPP flexibility. It's served me well so far, swapping Heppell/Goodes in and out of the midfield as needed to avoid 0s and get the best rookie options on the field.

Who else is there up forward? Fyfe, Sylvia, Boomer, Chaps are the only ones scoring ahead of ROK, and they're all worth at least $50k more. They are all F/M, though, which I like.

Another option could be waiting an extra week and getting Chapman in. Has a breakeven of 170-180 and could drop another 30-35k to 460k if you have the extra funds for him. Otherwise ROK would be a pretty good option at 420k if you're just going for the league win and not worried about overall.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have a few weak spots in my team so there's a few different trades I could do over the next couple weeks but here's what I'm thinking..

**Going for league win only in a cash league

Backs - Deledio, Adcock, Goddard, Gibbs, Broughton, Heppell, Lower (Stanley, Puopolo, Hibberd)
Mids - Swan, Mundy, Selwood, Montagna, Boak, Swallow (Pittard, Harris, Isles)
Rucks - Sandi, Cox (McCauley, Tippett)
Forwards - Franklin, Goodes, J Riedwoldt, N. Riedwoldt, Yarran, Petrie, Darling (Tapscott, Matera, Richardson)

16 trades
$105,600 in the bank

Swallow --> Smith
Broughton --> Suckling

Next week:
Pittard --> Hodge
Tapscott/Matera --> O'Keefe
(my 2 trades for next week are pending available funds of course)

Any advice for me guys?

Having trouble deciding what to do next...

Goddard, Shaw, Grundy, Broughton, Gibbs, Heppell, Lower (Pupolo, Thompson, Toy)
Swan, Selwood, Montagna, Deledio, Krakouer, Swallow (Bewick, Jacobs, Harris)
Sandi, Cox (Smith, Bathie)
Franklin, Chapman, Pavlich, Goodes, N. Roo, Rioli, Darling (Tapscott, Matera, Richardson)

$36k in bank.

1) Krakouer to Smith
2) Swallow to Mundy ($22k left)

or

1) Thompson to Hibberd
2) Swallow to Priddis ($0k left), Pendles ($1.4k left), Judd ($15k left)

or

Some other trade. I'm down a premium mid so maybe both Swallow and Harris? Need to get Lids back into the backline as well.

I'm reluctant to trade in Judd because of the bye in the semi-finals, and Pendles since I already have Swan for r13 (although I suppose that's the same in having Buddy/Rioli).

Going for league win. Any thoughts? Thanks!

Hibberd is a cheapie DEF-MID who could get Lids into the backline for you.

I have Pendles, but not Swan... I too am wondering whether I hold out until after Rnd 13 to get the superstar.

GAJ might be a good option after this week - GC will be done with their byes, and his price is about to go up in a big way.

I have Pendles, but not Swan... I too am wondering whether I hold out until after Rnd 13 to get the superstar.

Trying to figure this out also...

If you have the M/F flexibility to field a full side in Round 13, I think it's probably worth bringing Swan in. More opinions would be handy though..

Ablett is coming in for me next week; just sorting out the money. Likely, Krak out for Ablett I think, barring any major price fluctuations.

what are peoples thoughts on Sucking as a backline upgrade/keepr?

Most people are having dramas with the backline - most starting with a combination of Gibbs, Delidio, Goddard, Newman, Broughton etc.

Is he has good as anyone else as a keeper? Adcock is there, but surely his body will make you sweat the rest of the season. Fisher is averaging great, but I worry about the approach St. Kilda will take for the rest of the season, resting senior players, playing more kids etc. He should still be safe.

Suckling would be a point of difference, has great JS, is a peach of a kick so will be used, averaging over 100 with a BE of 16, only the 1 bye left and not in finals...any arguments against getting him? And getting him now?

Josh Toy ---> Paupolo
Shaun Atley ---> Isaac Smith.

Does not appear to be a lot of love for Paupolo from the Hawks?
Am I missing something?
Would love some enlightenment on the fact Paupolo has hardly(if at all) been mentioned in such a long thread.

Cheers in advance.
DTF:heart:

Josh Toy ---> Paupolo

Am I missing something?
Would love some enlightenment on the fact Paupolo has hardly(if at all) been mentioned in such a long thread.

Cheers in advance.
DTF:heart:

He was good again on the weekend although he hobbled off and played most of the 2nd half injured. Hawks need to bring Rioli in for someone when he is available and Puopolo may be in the gun if he is not 100%. Having said that I have him and definately want him to keep playing. He has been good.

D. Swallow for Mundy/Boyd/Judd.

This is a definite. Have to do it, as I've got three GC mids in my team at the moment.

Probably a defender for Hibberd, or maybe Puopolo. Question of who (Lower/Toy/Otten).

Josh Toy ---> Paupolo

Am I missing something?

There's been a fair bit of love for him over the last couple of weeks, but I think most people are making getting rid of matera and bringing in I.Smith more of a priority, Smith is a mpp so that helps.

D.

Probably a defender for Hibberd, or maybe Puopolo. Question of who (Lower/Toy/Otten).

I'd go otten. Injured and you'll make more cash than with toy.

l prob go atley to hibberd his muti skills will help me out alot,with watson out l can put lids/gibbs in the centre to cover for time beening.and next week eying burger to gazz and one of the forwards to tom lynch pin.was thinking about double down grade and double up grade next week cause was also going to go duncan to i smith like for like but i smith cheaper.still not sure if he is in the hawks team long term..i smith V lynch l guess mmm?

Need Help!

Where do you see the holes!

Backline:

Deledio, Gibbs, Adcock, Goddard, Heppell, Puopolo, Lower
(Jacobs, Toy, Hibberd)

Mids:

Swan, Boyd, Montagna, Redden, Bartel, Libba
(D. Swallow, I. Smith, Weller)

Forwards:

Pavlich, Chapman, N Riewoldt, J Riewoldt, Knights, Petrie, Krakouer
(Matera, Tapscott, Prestia)

No my question is where do you see the most holes?

My cash trade this week will be Matera > Lynch which will leave me with $185,900 in the bank.

Option for the Forward lines are

JRoo > Sylvia, Franklin, Goodes, ROK, Boomer

The reason I am not looking at trading Petrie is that I need that ruck link with Tippet so I can cash in on Z Smith later in the year. Knights I think is a keeper and Krakouer has some money left in him. Tapscott I want to use to trade for Mzungu next week.

Option for my Mids - Should I be looking at this over the holes in my Forwards and Backs, is it more important?

Swallow > Ablett

Options for my Backs

Lower > Enright, Suckling, Chaplin, Fisher

Shaw is just out of reach unless I do my forwards this week and backs next. But I would only have the option of upgrading JRoo for ROK, Goodes or Harvey. But if I do that Ablett may be out of reach.

I only have 16 trades left.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back