Training 2012 Pre-Season underway

Remove this Banner Ad

Dear Members,

I am writing to you today to again stress the need for all of us to rally around our fundraising project, The Hat Plan.

The events of this week have emphasized just how critical this project is for our Football Club and further highlighted the importance of ensuring all players are able to train in hats in time for next pre-season.

Despite a significant focus on securing hats right across the pre-season as I write to you today, due to circumstances beyond our control, we have players with no hats this coming Friday. This problem will more than likely be rectified in the coming hours, however for a professional AFL Club in 2011 to not have access to all the hats they want is somewhat distressing.

As a result, the club has invested in a weeklong hat making camp on the Gold Coast next month to allow the players to produce their owns hats and giving them some much needed continuity in their training.

Our Board has made a significant decision in the Club’s history to rectify the situation and build a new state of the art hat making facility at a site near Melbourne Airport, however our funding challenge remains a massive one.

The Hat Plan tally reached $400,000 yesterday but as you can see we are still a long way off our target of $5 million from our members.

I encourage and ask all members to donate what you can to help get our boys training with the very best hats this competition can offer in time for the 2013 pre-season.

Kind regards
David Evans

Dear Members,

I am writing to you today to again stress the need for all of us to rally around our fundraising project, The Hat Plan.

The events of this week have emphasized just how critical this project is for our Football Club and further highlighted the importance of ensuring all players are able to train in hats in time for next pre-season.

Despite a significant focus on securing hats right across the pre-season as I write to you today, due to circumstances beyond our control, we have players with no hats this coming Friday. This problem will more than likely be rectified in the coming hours, however for a professional AFL Club in 2011 to not have access to all the hats they want is somewhat distressing.

As a result, the club has invested in a weeklong hat making camp on the Gold Coast next month to allow the players to produce their owns hats and giving them some much needed continuity in their training.

Our Board has made a significant decision in the Club’s history to rectify the situation and build a new state of the art hat making facility at a site near Melbourne Airport, however our funding challenge remains a massive one.

The Hat Plan tally reached $400,000 yesterday but as you can see we are still a long way off our target of $5 million from our members.

I encourage and ask all members to donate what you can to help get our boys training with the very best hats this competition can offer in time for the 2013 pre-season.

Kind regards
David Evans

Oh my god Phone that was brilliant.

Well well well... If it isn't Gumbyyyyyyyyyyyyy Bringing up the tail in the warm up session. The mans back. He's back and look out Read, Scarlett, Taylor and any of you other jokers that think you can stop him... The dawn has arrived... Or is this just an old photo?
Pretty sure it's an old photo.

Looking at the other pics up on the site E-Kav will need to have a good summer on the weights to even be considered for early games next year!

Dear Members,

Kind regards
David Evans

best post for a long time :thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Definately the most exciting article about us this pre season that's for sure.

7kg in 7 weeks of useful muscle at Geelong!! Do that for us weapon!

Is there any truth to the rumour Jetta has done a nasty hammy?
Not sure whether to trust Sports News First; so ill wait for either Essendon/Herald Sun/AFL to confirm it.

No ones really sure at this stage but apparently the essendon insider on Facebook and twitter thinks howlett will be most improved in 2012.
Yeah, I'm really curious about how the new guys are going (probably like everyone else on our board).

I'm particularly interested in hearing whether Kav is training well and whether he's still afflicted by the injuries he suffered as a junior.

Remove this Banner Ad

Training 2012 Pre-Season underway

Remove this Banner Ad

Back