2012 SC Midfielders

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thoughts on Dale Thomas? I can't see him copping a tag with Pendles and Swan there and he did have some sub effected scores last year.

Ryan Griffen as a POD and to potentially match Boyd.. Any one considering him?

These two are quite similar in my eyes and both will probably get more attention this. They'll both more than likely improve on their averages of previous year you'd think but at their current prices, with so many 'safer' options it's hard to justify.

Boyd, A.Swallow, J.Selwood, Dal Santo - who is better?
Tough to split really, all will potentially average 110-125. NDS isnt mentioned alot here so could work out as a decent POD. Id probably take into consideration who your other mids are and take a look at how the byes will effect you.

Finishing 1262 is nothing to write home about - I'm guessing you were about 1500-2000 points behind the winner's score? I finished 42nd last year (after being 2nd with six weeks to go) - perhaps the difference for you to step up into that top 100 or so is to only select mids that have the potential to avg 120.

This :thumbsu:
Personally I think the midfield is no place to muck around with second tier players unless you're 100% they're going to step up to top 10 (or preferably top 6) status.

Who wants to take a punt at the highest averaging/scoring non dual position midfielder who is starting at under 600000.
I would guess it is between
Thompson
Thomas
Griffen
Hodge
Watson
Mundy
Gibbs
Redden
Cotchin

Who wants to take a punt at the highest averaging/scoring non dual position midfielder who is starting at under 600000.
I would guess it is between
Thompson
Thomas
Griffen
Hodge
Watson
Mundy
Gibbs
Redden
Cotchin

Think it really depends on Injury - without injury id Say Watson or Hodge.

But im going to say Thomson, Thomas and Cotchin

I can't help but think paying that little bit more for an absolute 120-130 ppg gun will be far more beneficial.

Marc Murphy is only $40k more!

Already got pendles ablett and murph. Might use my last 30 k to upgrade Thompson not impressed with his nab cup or might get Watson for 574 and ulgrade dangerfield

Already got pendles ablett and murph. Might use my last 30 k to upgrade Thompson not impressed with his nab cup or might get Watson for 574 and ulgrade dangerfield

574 for a bloke who did his hammy twice last year?

And there are plenty of stats suggesting Danger isn't the best of picks. Sure this 'could' be his year, like all others, however far too many sub 80 point scores over the past couple of years for mine.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Recent history - as in NAB cup form? lols

Take away Selwood's 24 from round 1 when he was ko'd early and he averages more than Boyd, in a year Selwood would not have been entirely happy with.

He can improve on that, can Boyd?

Recent history - as in NAB cup form? lols

Take away Selwood's 24 from round 1 when he was ko'd early and he averages more than Boyd, in a year Selwood would not have been entirely happy with.

He can improve on that, can Boyd?

Can Selwood continue on his stellar form that he has endured in the NAB cup?

Sorry Pez, but on current form, Boyd outplays Selwood, at the end of the year is a different story, but at the moment, Boyd takes the points.

Right!

So atm the Adelaide is a better team than Collingwood?

Haha I knew you were going to say that! :D

Nab for me is all about the rookies, then the underpriced/returning from injury type then the premiums. very rarely do u find super premiums ever not be super premiums especially during their peak years (nroo aside) regardless of how they're going preseason...unless of course they're carrying an injury

Adelaide beat Collingwood?

Is Boyd's pre season form based on a two twenty minute half game?

With the sides they have been putting out on the park, you know whatm yeah Adelaide probably would beat Collingwood..

Boyd has been good all pre season.

One player I would like to discuss more; Lenny Hayes, surely after his game last week, you would have to put him in now? For his price, if he was to average 90, then you are certainly winning, if he cracks the 100 ppg average, you are right on top.

One player I would like to discuss more; Lenny Hayes, surely after his game last week, you would have to put him in now? For his price, if he was to average 90, then you are certainly winning, if he cracks the 100 ppg average, you are right on top.
110 would be what I want for it to be a win. I hate the thought of him taking up a precious midfield place for anything less because at his price he's a keeper (possibly late luxury upgrade). I don't know how realistic that would be at his age, returning from injury but that's what I'd want if I chose him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back