2012 SC Midfielders

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
In the first rd he was doing his normal thing one second in the midfield next in the forward pocket setting up a goal or running off half back then into a open goal 30 out.Had 14 possessions and 4 tackles against the Dees while running around in second gear he will be fine as usual.

does anyone know where i can get a calculator to work out what average a player has to maintain to maintain thier price. i'm curious what Pendles has to average?

thinking about not starting him or Swan

anyone got any thoughts on Dion Prestia?

I love the kid as a player, but looking for thoughts on SC Value and possible 6th Mid come seasons end?

does anyone know where i can get a calculator to work out what average a player has to maintain to maintain thier price. i'm curious what Pendles has to average?

There is one at tooserious.net and fanfooty.com.au that i know of.

in case anyone wants to know Pendles has to get 129 to maintain his price

just wondering why there isn't more love for mitchell?

I think he peaked last year, and more than likely will drop off a little this year. No doubt he will score well, but I would assume people are banking on players like Selwood, Swallow, Thomas, Hodge or Watson increasing their average, more so than Mitchell maintaining it.

Will he be in the top 10 mids at the end of the year? My guess is no which makes him a big no in my book.

Alternatively, will he make enough money to be a direct swap for a real premium down the track who's got a low score rolling through? Could be.

Im really struggling on deciding my fouth premium midfielder.

Currently my midfield consists of
ABLETT, SELWOOD(joel), MONTAGNA, ???, SMITH(devon), NEALE, (MAGNER, GIBSON)

Im thinking of Rockliff or Priddis. Priddis for the consistent 115 or do i go rockliff for the consistent 105 with the once a month 160.

Money is not an issue in this case so any other suggestions would be great.

Thanks

Im thinking of Rockliff or Priddis. Priddis for the consistent 115 or do i go rockliff for the consistent 105 with the once a month 160.

Thanks

I'd say rockliff might be a safe bet for constent 110 or 115 scores. No reason why he cant improve this year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thanks

Scott Thompson - dream draw, or matt boyd - simply a standout at the bullies

Thanks

Obviously after a rnd 11 bye premium mid. I'm thinking the pick of the bunch is Andy swallow, as he is still a relative unique. Bboyd great value too. Also consider Redden.

I'm a little worried on how the new clanger scores will affect players like Boyd, Thompson, Watson and Mitchell. These players manage huge possession scores but aren't exactly renowned for their disposal efficiency and regularly feature in the highest clanger counts.

I'd still assume they will manage averages well above 100, but just unsure where the improvment in their games will come to counter the additional points loss for clangers. It seems to me that they will struggle to match their efforts last year.

I'm a little worried on how the new clanger scores will affect players like Boyd, Thompson, Watson and Mitchell. These players manage huge possession scores but aren't exactly renowned for their disposal efficiency and regularly feature in the highest clanger counts.

I'd still assume they will manage averages well above 100, but just unsure where the improvment in their games will come to counter the additional points loss for clangers. It seems to me that they will struggle to match their efforts last year.

Watson's disposal has been improving every year.

Last night he had 27 disposals at 85% efficiency, and 100% kicking efficiency in his first game.

Chuck in 10 clearances and 2 goals, I'm backing him to be in the top 5 scorers.

Watson's disposal has been improving every year.

Last night he had 27 disposals at 85% efficiency, and 100% kicking efficiency in his first game.

Chuck in 10 clearances and 2 goals, I'm backing him to be in the top 5 scorers.

Unlikey essendon will finish in the top 10 this year, might be less points for Watson as a result

How many premo mids are people starting with? I was going to go 4 but it seems like there are heaps of great mid rookies and not nearly as many in other areas (backs).

Will my scores be effected much by going with just 3 premo mids?

How many premo mids are people starting with? I was going to go 4 but it seems like there are heaps of great mid rookies and not nearly as many in other areas (backs).

Will my scores be effected much by going with just 3 premo mids?

There are people on here with more knowledge than me, so take this as you like.. The mid premium players generally make more points, so having 4 premiums in there at the expense of a premium in the def or fwd line seems more logical to me. I have 4 premium mids, and I'm banking on all of them scoring 100+ every week, hopefully a lot more.

There are people on here with more knowledge than me, so take this as you like.. The mid premium players generally make more points, so having 4 premiums in there at the expense of a premium in the def or fwd line seems more logical to me. I have 4 premium mids, and I'm banking on all of them scoring 100+ every week, hopefully a lot more.

yeah, i'm trying to weigh up the pros and cons. but can you really afford to have the backline watered down to the point where you might be selecting an option that's in and out of the team, might only play a handful of games or putting up rather weak scores? considering we're back down to 2 subs this year you can't really afford to have someone that's not going to play every week. with the backline options looking rather thin i'm thinking i'm going to go with 3 premium mids and slotting an extra premium back in there. will probably be a bit detrimental considering the scoring output of the mids, but perhaps the overall strength in the backline if i get the picks right might balance it out a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back