2013 Draft Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Bontempelli seems a poor fit for us. Vic Metro player who isn't really expected to pay dividends in the early years. I am trying not to let the recent trade week get me down but Bontempelli to Brisbane seems to fit the profile of a future retention challenge :/

Talk he is going Top 5 to the Dogs

Bontempelli seems a poor fit for us. Vic Metro player who isn't really expected to pay dividends in the early years. I am trying not to let the recent trade week get me down but Bontempelli to Brisbane seems to fit the profile of a future retention challenge :/
This highlights the dilemma for Kerr and our other recruiters. They must be alert to the possible go-home factor, but on the other hand they will be pilloried if they decline to take Aish or Scharenberg because of it. Not an enviable job that one.

When was the last time we took someone in the second round that was talked about to be taken at our pick? Green maybe? Close, Wearden, Yeo, Lester and Karnezis weren't really expected at our pick I dont think. Even going back to Jack Redden who was expected to go later.

Greens the only one who comes to mind in recent years.

Time to nail the flag to the mast!

I'm hoping for Scharenberg first and foremost but won't be too upset if Collingwood leave us Aish instead.

Crouch or Dunstan at 22 and Giles, Gardener or McStay with one of the following picks.

Greens the only one who comes to mind in recent years.

Yeah the only thing we can predict with Kerr, Conole and Hadley in the second round is unpredictability!

I've got a horrible feeling that the Dogs are going to overlook Bontempelli and go for Aish. Something just doesn't really seem right with Bontempelli going at pick 4. I said earlier back in June he should go top 10 and is one of my favorites, but I just can't see how a club would use pick 4 on him and overlook Aish or Scharenberg.

There is certainly part of me that is worried if we have too many choices we will get it wrong. So if the dogs take Bontempelli and The Pies take Aish/ Scharenberg I'll be happy with what's left.

In my nightmare scenario there are a series of surprising slides which see's Aish, and Bont and Kelly and Scharenberg all available at pick 7 and we get a nose bleed and pick McCarthy

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I can certainly see that happening.

which would mean KK to the Suns and Aish to the Pies.

In that scenario I'd rather us pick Sheed over Bont.

Gee pick 18 or 19 would have been handy; feel 22 is a tad too late for a Dunstan or Dumont.

Yeah I'd rather 10 and 18 than 7 and 22 in this draft.

Yeah I'd rather 10 and 18 than 7 and 22 in this draft.
7 could land us a sliding top 4 talent like Scharenberg or Aish though whereas at 10 it would be the likes of Sheed, Freeman, and Salem. With the introduction of GC and GWS these past few years we have not had a shot at selecting any elite talent. That is why I am hoping that one of Scharenberg or Aish slip because we have not had access to the elite talent the past few years.

7 could land us a sliding top 4 talent like Scharenberg or Aish though whereas at 10 it would be the likes of Sheed, Freeman, and Salem. With the introduction of GC and GWS these past few years we have not had a shot at selecting any elite talent. That is why I am hoping that one of Scharenberg or Aish slip because we have not had access to the elite talent the past few years.
Don't rate Mayes?

Remove this Banner Ad

2013 Draft Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back