Unofficial Preview 2013 Draft Watch

Remove this Banner Ad

No.

Ain't Rossy. Sherlock is one (presentation was made on him, but apparently they have concerns over his disposal. A little confusing from what I've seen of him).

The other is not Sideshow Bob.

Think of someone who started the season pretty well.

Wait, what?!

Hansen moved to defence, Curran injured more often than not. I wouldn't assume anyone's getting traded.

Also worth remembering how many players would be on their radar at the moment.

Hansen moved to defence, Curran injured more often than not. I wouldn't assume anyone's getting traded.

Also worth remembering how many players would be on their radar at the moment.
Yeah, true.

Clouston. He was impressive early on this season and has been consistent, but as a KPP, I thought we would be focusing elsewhere.

Let it be known, we're pretty much doing our due diligence and monitoring. Nothing more. Whether it be a rookie list position etc, I don't know.

My Ideal Draft would be:

1st Round: Jack Billings/Dom Sheed
2nd Round: Luke McDonald
3rd Round: Dayle Garlett
yes that would be my dream draft also.
but if we are forced to take lmac with our first pick then i would go 1st round Luke McDonald, 2nd round (quick classy forward/outside player) Jarman Impey/Jay Kennedy Harris/Clay mcCartney/Karl amon, 3rd round dayle garlett

There's not a chance in hell that draft will happen. You could get better odds on Melbourne to win the flag this year.

Garlett will go in the first 30 picks, It'd be a big get to even get him with our second.
Garlett will be Jetta mk.II, wouldn't be surprised if Hawthorn pull the trigger with their first pick.

McDonald would be a dream at round 2. Fingers crossed.

Curious how Garlett would rate against the current crop given his apparent improved attitude and recognition that getting out of Perth would be good for him. Thoughts on a Garlett vs Billings vs Kelly would be interesting.

Also, the thought that Christian Salem, Bonetmpelli etc could end up at Geelong, Hawthorn or Sydney makes me physically ill.

This draft reeks of the 2009 one imo.

I think it's really really even, and some of the kids that get taken 15-25 are every chance of ending up the best players in this draft, just like Fyfe, Black, Carlisle etc

Not a good year to finish in the bottom half tbh, you will get just as much value in the second half of the first round, and not a great year to have a first round F/S either tbh.

Also, the thought that Christian Salem, Bonetmpelli etc could end up at Geelong, Hawthorn or Sydney makes me physically ill.

This draft reeks of the 2009 one imo.

I think it's really really even, and some of the kids that get taken 15-25 are every chance of ending up the best players in this draft, just like Fyfe, Black, Carlisle etc

Not a good year to finish in the bottom half tbh, you will get just as much value in the second half of the first round, and not a great year to have a first round F/S either tbh.

Worth trading for a pick in the 15-25 range?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Worth trading for a pick in the 15-25 range?

Definitely.

They are gold this year imo.

Sheed, Bontempelli, Dunston, Freeman, Dumont, Taylor, Salem, Lennon, Hartung.

Some of these kids are going to slide into that 15-25 range.

There's nothing between some of these kids compared to Kelly, Billings etc and in some cases I'd prefer alot of them over them....

There's not a chance in hell that draft will happen. You could get better odds on Melbourne to win the flag this year.

Garlett will go in the first 30 picks, It'd be a big get to even get him with our second.
Garlett will be Jetta mk.II, wouldn't be surprised if Hawthorn pull the trigger with their first pick.

A man can always wish. If we can get Luke in the first round its going to be huge for us. I still think there will be some serious midfield class available at our 2nd round pick this year.

I agree big time with you in regards to the depth, other than the top 3-4 its really hard to see where everyone else will go.

It annoyed me today when I read someone where that we will be giving up the earliest pick ever for a F/S since the new rules got introduced. Just our luck.

A man can always wish. If we can get Luke in the first round its going to be huge for us. I still think there will be some serious midfield class available at our 2nd round pick this year.

I agree big time with you in regards to the depth, other than the top 3-4 its really hard to see where everyone else will go.

It annoyed me today when I read someone where that we will be giving up the earliest pick ever for a F/S since the new rules got introduced. Just our luck.

It depends if Melbourne get a PP, if we finish where we are now (unlikely imo, I think we will finish 12th or 13th) and Melbourne got a PP, we would have pick #10, equalling Joe Danniher obviously.

Definitely.

They are gold this year imo.

Sheed, Bontempelli, Dunston, Freeman, Dumont, Taylor, Salem, Lennon, Hartung.

Some of these kids are going to slide into that 15-25 range.

There's nothing between some of these kids compared to Kelly, Billings etc and in some cases I'd prefer alot of them over them....

Pykie who do you think we could trade to get picks in the 20's, 30's?

I'm guessing someone like Luke Delaney (it'd be tough to trade him as he is good depth, but perhaps a good risk to take)? Kennedy? Wright? Levi (if Scott thinks Gys and Jacobs will pass him)?

Personally I wouldn't trade any but if the value is there

Pykie, can I get your opinion on Battersby from SA.

He's got little attention in mock draft that I've checked, yet when watching the champs he caught my eye. Think he avg around 19 touches played mid/def, had a nice strong body already and went hard for both player and ball.

What range would you have him? Did you notice/like him?

McDonald would be a dream at round 2. Fingers crossed.

Curious how Garlett would rate against the current crop given his apparent improved attitude and recognition that getting out of Perth would be good for him. Thoughts on a Garlett vs Billings vs Kelly would be interesting.

If we got Luke round 2 then I would want us to take a higher risk higher reward with our first.

If we take him with our first I still want higher risk higher reward with our second pick, the picking will just be slimmer.

Would be more than happy with Garlett and McDonald.

If we end up finishing between 11th-9th I think we should entertain the idea of a trade with St Kilda where we'd upgrade our second pick and give them Luke Delaney and a 4th round pick.

With pick #21* we could pick up whichever one of Garlett, Salem, Bontempelli, Sheed, Dunstan, Freeman etc slides.

*assuming Ladder is the same and no first round FA compensation, no Essendon and no PP for Melbourne

If we got Luke round 2 then I would want us to take a higher risk higher reward with our first.

If we take him with our first I still want higher risk higher reward with our second pick, the picking will just be slimmer.

Would be more than happy with Garlett and McDonald.
Billings would be great too although it could be argued that with Harper and Garner we dont exactly need him. Kelly who would eventually be a very good wingman one would think so perhaps he could be a goer.

Anyway, seriously hope that Duke is not bid till after our first.

Remove this Banner Ad

Unofficial Preview 2013 Draft Watch

Remove this Banner Ad

Back