Unofficial Preview 2013 Draft Watch

Remove this Banner Ad

Hey I cant remember any names so if anyone could help me out that would be great.

I thought number 15 for WA looked pretty handy, showed plenty of speed, was excellent overhead and was a nice kick.

Number 7 for SA showed a bit as well, beautiful kick.

Even the lad that dislocated his ankle looked like he could play.

There were plenty of kids that didn't get it much but when they did they were so classy, reckon there will be plenty to choose from well into the second round.
The 7 for S.a is battersby I like him to a solid unit already to. Been looking thru some of the phampot drafts and not much in him.

The 7 for S.a is battersby I like him to a solid unit already to. Been looking thru some of the phampot drafts and not much in him.

Yeah, he's been playing for Sturt and doing well apparently. Turned it on when WA were coming at them, always a good sign

Just had a look, that's him. Thanks mate. Do you know much about him?

Not really just that he likes to take the game on and has pace. Disposal is a bit questionable of what I've seen of him. Reminds me of Travis Collyer.

Not really just that he likes to take the game on and has pace. Disposal is a bit questionable of what I've seen of him. Reminds me of Travis Collyer.

I was watching him thinking he's the sort of player that we need. Also what I liked was when he kicked the ball to a contest he followed he's kick up and went in very hard. Rare for an outside type to do that

Just finished watching the final couple of championship games.

Love the look of Freeman and Hartung. Either of them would be perfect in the 2nd round.

Freeman is a clearance machine with serious Dangerfield-like breakaway pace. Makes a few clangers by foot, simply because he doesn't slow down before he kicks.

Hartung is speedy and agile. Loves a goal too. Solid overhead but would need a bit more development before he would be able to play midfield. really solid skills on both side of the body.

Just finished watching the final couple of championship games.

Love the look of Freeman and Hartung. Either of them would be perfect in the 2nd round.

Unfortunately Freeman won't be anywhere near the second round, imo.

He, imo, is one of the more complete midfielders in the draft. As you stated, he is a clearance machine as evidenced against NSW/ACT and the dynamic package of breakaway speed, similar to Luke Shuey, without the head duck.

I wonder now, if Taylor will slide further than say Hartung and be more of an option.

Regardless, I like Jay Kennedy Harris as an option in the second round.

If I had the 1st pick this year, I would overlook Boyd and go with Sharenburg.

Unfortunately Freeman won't be anywhere near the second round, imo.

He, imo, is one of the more complete midfielders in the draft. As you stated, he is a clearance machine as evidenced against NSW/ACT and the dynamic package of breakaway speed, similar to Luke Shuey, without the head duck.

I wonder now, if Taylor will slide further than say Hartung and be more of an option.

Regardless, I like Jay Kennedy Harris as an option in the second round.

If I had the 1st pick this year, I would overlook Boyd and go with Sharenburg.

Before the champs, I reckon Freeman would have still be an around. But taken his game to a new level on the big stage where it counts. Watched him vs THE jets this year, he was solid, and his breakaway speed was evident but his overall game wasn't outstanding. then watched the last couple of champ games, and everything he does is as if he is possessed. tackling, clearances, 1%er's. very complete package.

Crouch seems to have dropped down the order a little bit, not much talk of him lately. He was a lock for top 5 early on.

Hard to know where guys like Dumont, Hartung, Lennon, Crouch, Taylor and co will go...because this draft is so slim on KP prospects it will be a bit of a midfielder lottery.

I agree on Kennedy-Harris though, he or Dwayne Wilson would be excellent additions to the squad. Both speedy, good skills and good tackling pressure.

My completely un-researched Top 10.

1. Boyd
2. Sharenberg
3. Aish
4. Billings
5. Kelly
6. Taylor
7. McDonald (I think we'll be made to take him first)
8. Lennon
9. Sheed
10. Hartung

I reckon the next lot ( in no partciular order)....just names roundabout
11.Crouch
12.Dunstan
13.Gardiner
14.Dumont
15.Freeman
16. Bontempelli
17. Kennedy-Harris
18. Kolodjashnij
19. Salem
20.Honeychurch
21.Garlett
22. Tsitas
23. Acres
24. Wilson

I'd be pretty much happy with McDonald and any of those two. All of them are solid prospects.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'll put this in the draft thread.

A few posters would be pleased to hear that we are looking closely at and data-basing two footballers from down Werribee way.

Please tell me it's Ross. The other one would be Ben Brown, no?

No.

Ain't Rossy. Sherlock is one (presentation was made on him, but apparently they have concerns over his disposal. A little confusing from what I've seen of him).

The other is not Sideshow Bob.

Think of someone who started the season pretty well.

Clouston, I'd heard we considered rookie-ing him a few year sago after he was delisted by Brisbane.

2 years ago I would have had concerns over sherlocks disposal but he has improved out of sight. Rarely makes a mistake by foot these days.

Remove this Banner Ad

Unofficial Preview 2013 Draft Watch

Remove this Banner Ad

Back