List Mgmt. 2013 DRAFT

Remove this Banner Ad

At the moment my preferences for our first pick go McCarthy, Freeman, Taylor and then Acres.

But if Lennon slips to us we have to snap him up. He will be ready to go Round 1 and will probably be favourite for the Rising Star in my opinion.

McCarthy has that X Factor that we've been lacking in our attack since Fev left. Although people are saying that next year's first round of draftees is practically all key position players so maybe we wait till next year and pick up one of the mids with our first, Hourigan with our 2nd pick and then Thorp or best available with pick 51?

I'd hate to be a recruiter.

I get Rowe but who should we have taken instead of duigan? Siposs or Seedsmen?
Love Duigan but both young options you mention would have been upgrades.
Seedsman will be a 10 year player for the Pies. Would take him in a heartbeat.
Siposs has potential - even after a few years on the St Kilda list.

We take Thorp with 39 and I officially give up.

Won't happen. Rogers didn't want to take Rowe with 44, but someone overruled him. (We don't have to worry about that someone anymore).

I see us taking midfielders with our first two picks and then KPP/project players with 51 and maybe 69 if we even use that pick

Love Duigan but both young options you mention would have been upgrades.
Seedsman will be a 10 year player for the Pies. Would take him in a heartbeat.
Siposs has potential - even after a few years on the St Kilda list.
meh.

Siposs is average.

Seedsman is another Ryan Lonie and skirt.

My hopefully realistic wishlist:

Pick 13: C.McCarthy...would be rapt with Sheed but don't see him sliding. Also happy with Lennon, Acres or Dunstan. Not overly keen on Salem, Freeman, Taylor or Crouch.

Pick 39: George Hewett...not sure if he'll reach us. A lot depends on if Brisbane or Sydney like him. They have 7 picks from 22 to 35. This kid is the pure inside/outside midfielder we need. Love his clearance work in the Champs winning S.A. midfield and he is just a pup. Dare i say it but he reminds me a touch of Jaeger O'Meara although doesn't have the production record of O'Meara as yet of course. If Hewett were born 3 days later (BD:29/12/95) i reckon he would be having a super junior year next year. I like him and really hope he gets to us*.

*Picture myself watching the draft next week, ticking off the Clubs not picking him leading up to #39 and jumping up and down when Rogers gets to read his name out and....Rogers says "Player No Blah Blah Blah Mitch Thorp:eek:

Can someone who has watched Freeman live reassure me on his footskills?

I understand he has a burst of pace and everything but from his highlights package, I'm under-whelmed by his penetration past 45m. In this day and age can we afford to have another player who can't convert reliably from a distance?

Would prefer a player who can roost them from 55m out.

Put your baiting aside and explain to everyone why the Dogs wouldn't see Thorp as best 22 or depth if Jones breaks down.

Watch Hawthorn overlook the tall would be the perfect plug and play replacement in Franklin's role.

I'll bite.

First of all regardless of who was at fault, or if it was just the Hawks cutting their losses, it is highly likely the delisting was acrimonious either before or after the fact. No going back.

I find no reference in the Bulldogs article suggesting character or behaviour was the reason they had no interest in Thorp. It is universally known that the 'dogs have a youth policy. They recruited Crameri as that mature albeit marquee player to add to their forward line. May have been interesting if they missed Crameri. (Yeah, yeah, we will never know "mate")

The 'dogs have two developing young gun key defenders in Roughead and Talia the younger, they have Williams to return from injury to play at either end, and Mark Austin as solid back up, Fletcher Roberts is "developing", while Morris is a more than capable 3rd tall defender.

Their forwards Jones, starting to put it together, Crameri can hold down a key post but excellent 3rd tall forward either out of the square or higher, Campbell highly promising as a key forward/2nd ruck,
Cordy still developing, and not useless as a tall forward, Jarrad Grant finally started living up to his potential at the back end of last season and play a role seemingly identical to Thorp's best fit. Stringer pretty effective out of the square in his debut season while building his fitness. Throw in the AA ruckman, they don't look too bad.

The addition of Crameri just about "completes" their forward line, albeit that some players are still developing. Why do they need a mature age KPP (who still has an element of query on output, fitness, and, dare I give you the satisfaction, attitude) specifically?

I am not suggesting that they are better off for KPP's than we are, but to alleviate any possible retorts, we are supposedly in a contending, rather than development phase. We have 2 of our 3 best KPP's uncomfortably fragile physically, while still waiting on the final report card for Watto, Cas and Sam.

I hope that satisfactorily answers your question sir.

Dare i say it but he reminds me a touch of Jaeger O'Meara although doesn't have the production record of O'Meara as yet of course. If Hewett were born 3 days later (BD:29/12/95) i reckon he would be having a super junior year next year. I like him and really hope he gets to us
The Nth Adelaide manager certainly gave him a huge wrap in Inside Footy; that they'd held him back from reserves only because of his undeveloped body.

I'd be stocking up on such youngsters with later picks. I'd punt on the next Anthony Raso than stock up on mature agers such as Bentley, Twomey, C Johnson and Heyne.

The Nth Adelaide manager certainly gave him a huge wrap in Inside Footy; that they'd held him back from reserves only because of his undeveloped body.

Thx. I didn't get Inside Footy this year. He seems to be a sleeper to me. Maybe because both the S.A. Clubs only have 1 pick each in the first 45. 21(P.A) and 23(AD) might be a tad early and so no push coming out of S.A. circles.

Can we just put this whole Thorp thing to bed.............for a while at least?

The situation is that some of us have been hearing things and in some cases seeing things that if true/are true wouldn't make him welcome at the CFC, at least.
No one wants to say what they know/have heard etc for one reason or another and to be fair, I'm glad we're not posting those things on this board.

There are clearly two camps here and will be for another 8 days at least when hopefully the whole thing will be settled.
If not next week though, then we'll have to put up with things until the Rookie Draft is done.

Let's try and forget Thorp for now and concentrate on what our more important first two picks may be.
I'm sorry harks you know I love you but it should be the people who have the "secret information" that paints thorpe as the anti-christ who in simple terms should "put up or shut up". Either post the reasons for not wanting him or let those who havent heard those rumours too discuss on the aspects that are clear to all. The facts of the matter.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I probably shouldn't have posted what I did, as I may have just thrown fuel on the fire.

Let's put it this way then. We really have no control of who we will select over the course of the next two weeks and what happens happens, so in effect there is very little point getting all worked up Thorp or anyone else for that matter.
I can agree with that :D

Rogers wasn't in charge in 2011, etsal. Hughes was.............officially anyway.

Anyway, what's done is done and the system is certainly a better one now.

I meant to say Rogers and Hughes were overruled by another person who is no longer with us.

A couple of Richmond supporters have told me that they think Richmond would seriously consider taking Zak Jones with 12. Fingers crossed.

One can't blame Rowe for being taken too early. We only had 2 live selections in that draft thanks to clogging the list with fringe players on 2 year deals.

4 of the past 6 drafts (inc this one) we've taken only the bare minimum 3 picks.

At least this year it's been offset by 3 additions during the trade period.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2013 DRAFT

Remove this Banner Ad

Back