List Mgmt. 2013 DRAFT

Remove this Banner Ad

Our Favourite "Inside News Breaker" Paige Cardona has released her Mock Draft on her website.

Looks pretty good.

Pick #13 - Marcus Bontempelli

Marcus-Bontempelli.jpg
Bontempelli.jpg

http://www.scpaige.com.au/phantom-draft-november-edition/

FYI - the rest went as:

GWS - Boyd
GWS - Kelly
St Kilda - Billings
WB - Aish
GC - KK
Coll - Scharenberg
Bris - Freeman
North Melb - McDonald
Melb - Salem
Coll - McCarthy
WCE - Sheed
Rich - Lennon
Carl - Bontempelli
She claims her Collingwood sources say Collingwood don't want Bontempelli anymore. Apparently pick 6 will be the player who slides from top 5 (ie. Scharenberg or Aish) and pick 10 will be a development player (most likely McCarthy because they got rid of Paine and Gault).

Even if Bontempelli doesn't slide, someone else will. Just need McCarthy to go top 10. Although I may be repeating myself :p

She claims her Collingwood sources say Collingwood don't want Bontempelli anymore. Apparently pick 6 will be the player who slides from top 5 (ie. Scharenberg or Aish) and pick 10 will be a development player (most likely McCarthy because they got rid of Paine and Gault).

Even if Bontempelli doesn't slide, someone else will. Just need McCarthy to go top 10. Although I may be repeating myself :p

Lets hope its not the same sources that told her Dale Thomas had re-signed at Collingwood.

Lets hope its not the same sources that told her Dale Thomas had re-signed at Collingwood.

Hence I used the word 'claim' and 'apparently'. She had him going to Collingwood one day then Hawthorn the next when Buddy left. Guess she just couldn't stomach Thomas wanting to be a Blue. But hopefully she is right this one time about Bontempelli destined to be a Blue ;)

Bontempelli, Acres or Dunstan firming at Carlton's pick ladies and gents. McCarthy's invite and the late news re Pies and Macca (added to the fact we've apparently 'gone cold' on him) mean he's a strong possibility to go top 10.

Personally, I think that tall midfielder would add a new dimension to our relatively short (in comparison to Freo for example) mids. Not that heigh is everything, but a Bonts or Acres would give us a Pendlebury-type potential for the future - I can live with that.

Dunstan was rated highly all year but injuries meant he didn't show his full potential. Can see him as a future captain of the club and a likely R1 starter (would at least push for it).

If Acres has so many flaws, why would we draft him at 13? :oops:

Read the subtext, Quigley bagged him mercilessly and only put him that high because all the knowledgeable phantomistas have him in the 8-20 range. :rolleyes:

Also re Thorp (last post I swear): not sure if it's been mentioned but Freo likely to take him at 37 so we may be talking a lot about nothing. Still reckon we should get some tall depth in the drafts, but can see that maybe coming in the rookie/PSD maybe.

How would this fit our needs/wants...

13 - Bontempelli/Acres/Dunstan (tall mid)
39 - Hewett/Hourigan/Reynolds (mid fwd or Hewett, who I rate)
51 - Cain/Knight/Holman/Harvey (hungry player - mid or slider from top 50)

PSD - Cornelius (mid-tall fwd)

Rookie Draft
Kane Lambert (Northern Blues)
Adam Marcon (Northern Blues)
Max King/Cam Conlon or Ben Brown (ruck that wasn't picked up in ND)

If Freo don't use 37 on Thorp, given they don't have a pick between 39 and 51, we could use 51 on him. But I don't even know if I want him ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have to say, I really don't think I'll be disappointed if I hear Rogers call out Dunstan's name at #13.

I agree -

He reminds me a bit of Ollie Wines.

Looks like he has a similar sort of awkward kicking action to Brock, but seems to like to run with the ball a bit more and doesn't look as one-paced as him.

If Acres has so many flaws, why would we draft him at 13? :oops:

Read the subtext, Quigley bagged him mercilessly and only put him that high because all the knowledgeable phantomistas have him in the 8-20 range. :rolleyes:
Spot on Azul. He might as well have saved himself the trouble of all that spiel by writing "others rate him but I think he is a potato."

I'm avoiding that thread like the plague.
Smart man. I had to have a shower after I left there last time and not going back.

Brett Anderson's recent mail has us affirming our interest in Patty Cripps from WA with 13. Recently flew over to see him again...

Very underrated player who many believe top 15 on talent. There's not a huge gap between 10-25 - I've seen just about every player from Templeton, Apeness to Crouch and Dunstan everywhere from 15-30 so it may be a case of the top 12-13 clubs in the draft pick who they want and those at the end of 1st round mop up some top kids...

Thoughts on Cripps?

Brett Anderson thinks we're keen on Patrick Cripps at #13 .... and would even overlook Lennon for him :eek: (who he has going to GWS with the next pick).

http://www.sen.com.au/inside-footba...13/Inside-Football-Mock-Draft--Nov-15th/62506

13. Carlton
Patrick Cripps | East Fremantle | 192cm | 90kg

Carlton’s interest in the big-bodied onballer has intensified over the past few weeks and they even reportedly flew to Geraldton to meet up with him recently. Having only previously been thought of as a second round pick, he’s a bit of a bolter in what looms as a very even draft and has been likened by East Fremantle watchers to Jobe Watson.
In the mix: Ben Lennon, Luke Dunstan

We wanted Cripps @ 32, that's why we didn't want to hand it over to Lions for Doc. But then we had to downgrade it to 39 for Everitt. I doubt that has made us now want him at 13. Anderson probably just thought Carlton want Cripps and assumed 13. There's no way we'd overlook Lennon - well, you'd hope not.

We wanted Cripps @ 32, that's why we didn't want to hand it over to Lions for Doc. But then we had to downgrade it to 39 for Everitt. I doubt that has made us now want him at 13. Anderson probably just thought Carlton want Cripps and assumed 13. There's no way we'd overlook Lennon - well, you'd hope not.
Let's hope etsal. Lennon would be a nice get, but wouldn't be unhappy of any of: Dunstan, Salem, Freeman, Bonts or McCarthy. Cripps a stretch at 13 imo but if he's the man we want, I'll back McKay and Mick to turn him into a superstar.

Underrated from what I hear and was pegged to fall due to turning up at combine in poor shape. But from what I gather, he:

• Is a great size for a tall mid in the ilk of JPK
  • Learning to use his body to his advantage
  • Is the 2nd best inside player in the draft by all accounts (behind Crouch)
  • Has good decision-making skills
  • Is a great user of the footy on both sides
  • Can kick it well, but lacks pentration over 50 (possibly a confidence thing)
  • Very coachable lad, who would fit into any club with ease
  • Doesn't mind moving interstate (attended boarding school in Y8)
  • Has vastly improved on certain weaknesses in 2013, which gives promise he can do the same with any others
I'm sold. Put him on the list of 'I'd be Happy With' players.

Let's hope etsal. Lennon would be a nice get, but wouldn't be unhappy of any of: Dunstan, Salem, Freeman, Bonts or McCarthy. Cripps a stretch at 13 imo but if he's the man we want, I'll back McKay and Mick to turn him into a superstar.

Underrated from what I hear and was pegged to fall due to turning up at combine in poor shape. But from what I gather, he:

• Has vastly improved on certain weaknesses in 2013, which gives promise he can do the same with any others

Maybe it's the Williams influence on Cripps if we take him at 13. Geelong always used to pick kids that seemed a reach but turned out to be gems.

Didn't his brother say the same thing? :D

Is Cripps 190 or 192 cms?!

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2013 DRAFT

Remove this Banner Ad

Back