Position 2013 SC midfielders

Which midfield rookies will you be selecting?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
And before him, these players went down:
Judd -3 points
Ablett -11 points
Cooney -15 points
Bartel -10 points
Goodes -16 points
Cousins -18points
Yeah, cant deny those figures, but if Swan can maintain I reckon Watson can, its not like he is trying to maintain a 140 sverage like Ablett, 120 is achievable for a player like Watson.

And in other news, I am a clown :oops:

Maybe with Scott Selwood in place of Joel. Anyone think Scott could surpass Joel in SC scoring?

The thing with Scooter is that he can still become a tagger to shut down opposition players. So when he does, his SC scores suffers.

Yeah, cant deny those figures, but if Swan can maintain I reckon Watson can, its not like he is trying to maintain a 140 sverage like Ablett, 120 is achievable for a player like Watson.

Personally, I reckon Watson is fully-priced. He played every game last year, almost single-handedly got his team over the line in some games (rewarded in SC), and then won the Brownlow Medal.

I agree that he can maintain that 120 ppg average (and hopefully for him, stay hamstring injury-free), which still makes him an EXCELLENT choice.

But I just think that there are guys a fraction cheaper than him that can equal his scoring potential in 2013. And those few bucks can be very useful elsewhere in getting a player who might otherwise be just out-of-reach.

Personally, I reckon Watson is fully-priced. He played every game last year, almost single-handedly got his team over the line in some games (rewarded in SC), and then won the Brownlow Medal.

I agree that he can maintain that 120 ppg average (and hopefully for him, stay hamstring injury-free), which still makes him an EXCELLENT choice.

But I just think that there are guys a fraction cheaper than him that can equal his scoring potential in 2013. And those few bucks can be very useful elsewhere in getting a player who might otherwise be just out-of-reach.
Without a doubt, every year there a a few players that step into the elite status, and the same amount of players the fall out.

Thats the whole idea of a breakout year. The challenge is picking the right player. If you pick a player that could break out but doesn't, you have saved a bit of coin, but lost points.

You have to take risks, but you also need to play it safe with a few players as well. And I think watson is a safe bet.

He isn't in my team, but thats because i took my safe bets elsewhere.

What are peoples thoughts on Kane Lucas? Seems like he will be featuring around the Carlton midfield and Half Back line this year and seems to be finding a bit of the ball in pre-season. $217,000....I reckon there could be big value there thoughts?

Any decent Mid/FWD rookie prospects for the DPP?

Kerridge and Neade top my list of Mid/Fwd DPP. Not a bad option for the forward line, but considering the quality of mid rookies, i cant see either averaging the same as Mitchell, O'meara, Viney, Crouch, etc at the same price.

Kerridge and Neade top my list of Mid/Fwd DPP. Not a bad option for the forward line, but considering the quality of mid rookies, i cant see either averaging the same as Mitchell, O'meara, Viney, Crouch, etc at the same price.

Do you reckon its worth the DPP or should I just leave out the Mid/FWD cover to potentially get more points/cash. It's a risk with the lack of cover but it might pay off long term.

Do you reckon its worth the DPP or should I just leave out the Mid/FWD cover to potentially get more points/cash. It's a risk with the lack of cover but it might pay off long term.

I've gone with a def/mid DPP rookie in the midfield. But not a fwd/mid DPP. For me I think having one is enough, otherwise you will be loosing out on a great rookie mid.

I cant see Kerridge or Neade averaging the same as Mitchell, O'meara, Crouch, Viney and co.

This year I am going gung-ho with my mids.

Ablett, Kennedy, Dangerfield, Selwood, Murphy, Cotchin then 4 rookies.

With the extended midfield I think you are crazy if you don't stack it early on. Plus I don't like the purpose of a mid pricer, because most times you can just as good scoring from a rookie and you save the $200-$250k

This year I am going gung-ho with my mids.

Ablett, Kennedy, Dangerfield, Selwood, Murphy, Cotchin then 4 rookies.

With the extended midfield I think you are crazy if you don't stack it early on. Plus I don't like the purpose of a mid pricer, because most times you can just as good scoring from a rookie and you save the $200-$250k

Would like to see how your forward line looks like considering the dearth of rookies in that area.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Would like to see how your forward line looks like considering the dearth of rookies in that area.
Franklin, Martin, Rockliff, Macaffer, Neade, Kerridge, Lee & Rowe.

Should definitely pull back at least 1 mid and upgrade forwards. Keep an eye on Daniher and Mayes from Brisbane as well, Lee could play a few games but not confident yet. Brent Staker could be a steal later on a few rounds in once he is ready to go. LeCras looks good value along with Byrnes.

Is anyone getting cold feet on Crouch? I'm thinking of pulling the pin on him and paying the extra dough for Wines or Whitfield :eek: I hate those last two weeks before the season starts :confused:

Also can anyone tell me about Kyle Martin?

I get the feeling Crouch will be in and out of the side this year with the work load managed. He may not get huge possession numbers Thommo, Danger, Sloane will be racking them up. But he is likely to be a SC type scorer where his in and under work scores more highly than DT.

I think Wines and Toumpas type players might get higher scores and the extra price worth it. But Crouch should make some money. I think we need to see him playing when the Adelaide engine room is firing to get a better idea.

I had him last year from Round 1, is very reliable and rarely drops below 100. In the Freo game I was cursing him at half time as he had 20 points to his name with a heavy Crowly tag but he blitzed it in the last half and pretty much won the game off his own boot to score 120.

He did, however, start the season rather modestly while Stanton was knocking up cricket scores so I think your theory about him being full priced is sound, he could drop below 600k by round 5 or 6 and if so I'd jump on then (assuming his hammy holds up)

Will also be interesting to see how Zaharakis starts the year with an injury interrupted per season

Is anyone getting cold feet on Crouch? I'm thinking of pulling the pin on him and paying the extra dough for Wines or Whitfield :eek: I hate those last two weeks before the season starts :confused:

I've never had Crouch! Even when I've considered 5 midfield rookies he's never been on the radar.. Plenty of others with far, far greTer job security.

Never had him in. Probably won't. Purely because he's going to struggle to break into a top 4 team midfield.

What's with the love for Moloney? Historically he hasn't been a consistently high scoring player, I don't see the point in buying him for 360k~ whereas you can get a rookie who may ave a little less or comparable for 200k less. The difference in initial price can be put to upgrade another player to a premium who will likely compensate for that point differential. And you will more likely make more money from the rookie than Moloney. What am I missing? :S

Franklin, Martin, Rockliff, Macaffer, Neade, Kerridge, Lee & Rowe.

This is why you don't load up in the mids the way you have, the extra points you gain from extra premiums is not only nullified by low scoring or potentially non-playing rookies starting for you in the forwards but you also miss out on midfield rookies who will appreciate in value alot more than those in the forwards. There are at least 10 midfield rookies and 5 backline rookies that are more startable than any forward rookie.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back