Position 2013 SC midfielders

Which midfield rookies will you be selecting?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's with the love for Moloney? Historically he hasn't been a consistently high scoring player, I don't see the point in buying him for 360k~ whereas you can get a rookie who may ave a little less or comparable for 200k less. The difference in initial price can be put to upgrade another player to a premium who will likely compensate for that point differential. And you will more likely make more money from the rookie than Moloney. What am I missing? :S
He averaged 97 in 2011, and he is more than capable of doing the same again this year.

Fell off a bit last year, but will be given the opputunity by Voss to play his own style. With Black on the outer, Moloney will be the main in and under mid for them.

May not reach the same heights as 2011, but will surely score better than any rookie mid.

It all comes down to how well you spend the money though.

Anyone warming towards Lachie Whitfield? I've never really bought the 1st Pick due to their ridiculously high price but if he plays like he has in the NAB cup week in week out then I am sold.

Only concern with Whitfield is that it would be hard to fit in Toumpas and Wines as well.

Also can anyone tell me about Kyle Martin?
He's on the rookie list, and is no certainty of being elevated let alone getting a game. As far as what he's like as a player, he's a late bloomer, looks like he can play and has a good head on his shoulders. If the Pies need him they know he can step in, but at this stage I'd say they don't need him.

Anyone warming towards Lachie Whitfield? I've never really bought the 1st Pick due to their ridiculously high price but if he plays like he has in the NAB cup week in week out then I am sold.
Tempting, but would not get him at the expense of Wines, O'Meara, Viney or possibly even K.Mitchell

Only concern with Whitfield is that it would be hard to fit in Toumpas and Wines as well.

It is somewhate tempting if you have a wines or toumpas there already, only 30odd K more

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If he gets named over Toumpas and Viney......

And he's 60k cheaper than toumpas, hoping some rookies stick.both hands up this weekend to create some true rookie variation

What can Dons fans tell us about Elliot Kavanagh? He had some good numbers tonight albeit in a one sided win but had a bit of the ball last week with limited game time. Will he be sub material?

Most of us would have him in the 20-25 place on the list atm and will definitely get game time.

Anyone considering Kane Lucas from the Blues? Seems like Malthouse might be giving him more game time and a bigger role to play. Done alright in the preseason.

Anyone considering Kane Lucas from the Blues? Seems like Malthouse might be giving him more game time and a bigger role to play. Done alright in the preseason.

Always does alright when there are 4-6 out of their starting 22, however when the full team is picked he is starved of opportunity - you can get the same points reward from someone 100K cheaper

Pulled I big switch yesterday, wondering thoughts....

Switched cotch ( was my m4) for rockliff
Used the cash too....

Switch buddy to cox &

Goldstien to roughead

with $110 k left over

That was my way of getting dpp into mid, Ruck and fwd?

Does a DPP mean more to you that picking the team you really want? I've wrestled with it for a while and in the end I have picked the team I want.
I wouldn't say it was the reason y I made the move. As unhappy as I was to drop cotch, I was equally happy with what it allowed me to do in my fwd and ruck.
And as much as rockliff burnt me last year, his pre season form and less of a forward role, I see alot of value with hkm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back