Position 2013 SC midfielders

Which midfield rookies will you be selecting?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does a DPP mean more to you that picking the team you really want? I've wrestled with it for a while and in the end I have picked the team I want.
I for one agree with your strategy and have wrestled with this also.
DPP appears to be a bit overrated this year IMO.

Anyone taking a punt on the 8-9 rookie mid strategy? There is a heap of midfield rookies that look like they will get game time which means a lot of money. Also leaves a lot of money to fill out those forward and ruck spots which from the looks of it there is a lack of rookie options. I'm a bit chicken to take the punt right now but I'm certainly warming to it

Anyone taking a punt on the 8-9 rookie mid strategy? There is a heap of midfield rookies that look like they will get game time which means a lot of money. Also leaves a lot of money to fill out those forward and ruck spots which from the looks of it there is a lack of rookie options. I'm a bit chicken to take the punt right now but I'm certainly warming to it
Like the idea but not for me.
Considering the prem mids make most of your points each week it will be giving away a lot prime pasture land for the cows.
Good luck if you go that way all the same.

Don't do it man.

I did it last year and it ****ed me. The midfield premiums score much higher than the for/def premiums. By the time you can upgrade your rookies in the mid you are way, way, way off the pace.

I would just like to discuss midfield rookies again.

Who is everyone selecting?

From the little research I have done, Jaegar O'Meara, Jack Viney, Kane Mitchell are the only true 'locks' for round 1, what are some of the other rookies people are looking at?

Brad Crouch? Sam Colqhoun? Nathan Hrovat? Would love to hear some of the smokies people are considering?

From the little research I have done, Jaegar O'Meara, Jack Viney, Kane Mitchell are the only true 'locks' for round 1, what are some of the other rookies people are looking at?

Brad Crouch? Sam Colqhoun? Nathan Hrovat? Would love to hear some of the smokies people are considering?

Crouch is in the lock group. Koby Stevens and Wines as well but they are expensive. Jury is still out on Colghoun,Mayes. Will be interesting to see Brisbane tomorrow with Mayes/Docherty and see how much time they get. I assume they are both playing. Not sure on Viney, have they just been saving him for round1? Or ishe out of favour? Hard to know. Same with Hrovat just haven't seen much of him...

Yods, I wouldn't waste time on Horvat. May be good in the future but in my humble opinion, not now.
K Stevens maybe ok. His disposal is shit, not to put too finer point on it, and I don't think he'll get a lot of the ball. Kane Mitchell is screwing us all as he maybe used as a forward shutdown and not get many points. Which really shits me as I want him on the field. But after the Scab cup, it looks pretty bad for him. He'd be better off hunting the bloody ball.

/rant

BTW, Viney and Crouch will get a lot of game time from what i've read. Goodes is also a popular selection.

If you can afford it bring in Wines, reckon he should be a gun. Also apart from the main four I've also got Colqhoun in the mids.

Crouch is in the lock group. Koby Stevens and Wines as well but they are expensive. Jury is still out on Colghoun,Mayes. Will be interesting to see Brisbane tomorrow with Mayes/Docherty and see how much time they get. I assume they are both playing. Not sure on Viney, have they just been saving him for round1? Or ishe out of favour? Hard to know. Same with Hrovat just haven't seen much of him...

read a report somewhere that Viney copped a knock against the kangas but is still locked in for Rd1

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah, Crouch is seriously becoming a lock in my team as well.

Koby Stevens isnt being considered for mine, alot of inside mids at the Bulldogs who have already shown something.

Colqhoun is more picked through desperation than best available.

Agree on Docherety and Mayes, could both be possible round 1 starters, Mayes would be a lock for 90% of teams in the forward line should he be selected then.

Jack Viney was injured but coming back nicely in the last couple of weeks, according to some on the Dees board, he is the messiah (like us Bombers with Joe Daniher and Norf with Luke McDonald), doubt he is out of favour :D

Hrovat could surprise and the Dogs dont mind playing kids early.

Would love to hear some of the smokies people are considering?
Strongly considering Bradley Hill. Not sure how much game time he'll get with Hawthorn going for the flag though - may not be worth it if he's gonna get the sub vest regularly :thumbsdown:

Yods, I wouldn't waste time on Horvat. May be good in the future but in my humble opinion, not now.

I can't wait to see your team in a weeks time when 'reports are that Hrovat collected 20 touches against Richmond in the practice match last weekend'.

From half way through last seasons TAC Cup games, Hrovat was a lock in my SC team for 2013. I know this sounds biased but Hrovat, despite all the 'nar he won't get a game' notion going on in this forum, he will be one of the gem SC midfield rookies this year. Kid is a beast and will fit into our forward pocket quite nicely/rotating through the middle. I know everyone said that after he got his quad strain that there is no talk about him playing round one, if you attended any of the training sessions, this kid just lights it up.

Apparently, Mitchell is going to be a defensive lockdown player so I wouldn't go him. Also Colqhoun might not get many senior games because his body is just not strong enough to compete. I could be wrong but that's what I think anyway.

Strongly considering Bradley Hill. Not sure how much game time he'll get with Hawthorn going for the flag though - may not be worth it if he's gonna get the sub vest regularly :thumbsdown:

We need Hill. We need to blood outside kids. Him and Anderson will play heaps I reckon. I have a sneaky suspicion. Thats why i've gone Hill.

Even if he vests a bit, still games in the bag.

I can't wait to see your team in a weeks time when 'reports are that Hrovat collected 20 touches against Richmond in the practice match last weekend'.

From half way through last seasons TAC Cup games, Hrovat was a lock in my SC team for 2013. I know this sounds biased but Hrovat, despite all the 'nar he won't get a game' notion going on in this forum, he will be one of the gem SC midfield rookies this year. Kid is a beast and will fit into our forward pocket quite nicely/rotating through the middle. I know everyone said that after he got his quad strain that there is no talk about him playing round one, if you attended any of the training sessions, this kid just lights it up.
Why can't you wait to see my team? Would you like to duplicate it? :rolleyes:
Was he injured during the entire nab? Is he physically ready to slot straight into AFL. Is he on par with Koby Stevens regarding how many games he may play?
I have heard conflicting reports regarding how many, if any games he'll play this year.

Wines is probably the biggest lock of all for me... Mitchell is still a rookie and relies on a LTI. Colquhoun wait and see but yes if he is in R1 I'll take him for MPP.

Hrovat could be a great pickup I think he is a chance for the Rising Star if they play him enough.

Also, I chose Brad Hill from Hawks as a EMG looks ready to cement his spot and has plenty of talent.

Well I just checked and Mayes isn't in the GF team...

Mayes was talked up big time pre-preseason, but he picked up a niggle and has really been nursed through. The way the staff were talking about him I'd expect to see him in the team, but when fit. Definitely won't be week 1.

Mayes was talked up big time pre-preseason, but he picked up a niggle and has really been nursed through. The way the staff were talking about him I'd expect to see him in the team, but when fit. Definitely won't be week 1.

Cheers dlanod - will be a great downgrade target about rd 6-10 IMO

He will be the supersub but the way he's travelling and the loss of Suckling/Young (who were supposedly going to be our wingers) he could easily get 10-15 games if he plays well. Personally I think he is wasted as a sub as his endurance is elite.

Wines is probably the biggest lock of all for me... Mitchell is still a rookie and relies on a LTI. Colquhoun wait and see but yes if he is in R1 I'll take him for MPP.

Hrovat could be a great pickup I think he is a chance for the Rising Star if they play him enough.

Also, I chose Brad Hill from Hawks as a EMG looks ready to cement his spot and has plenty of talent.

Mitchell has already been elevated. Wines a lock.

Hrovat will average 80+ if he plays. Two of himself, Koby Stevens and Clay Smith should get games with Boyd/Libba/Wallis locked in as the other inside mids (Cross too, but he will play a different role IMO). I've got Stevens over Hrovat at this stage, but all depends on who is named round one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back